PDA

View Full Version : modern fishing mag

shanejohnson
04-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Just purchased the latest march edition and must say i am dissapointed in its content. I feel it has been slipping in quality over the last few months to the point where i am looking to change. I some times buy fishing world but find it not much better. I just dont get anything out of it anymore. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
shano.

tailorboi99
04-02-2009, 07:53 PM
I am subscribed to Fishing World but occasionly purchase Modern Fishing. I think they're good magazines, I've been reading them for the past 2 years or so aswell. Fishing World has alot of Brisbane River and Tweed Coast stuff which is local to me which I think is brilliant.

Tom

Scott nthQld
04-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Depends where you live, go into your newsagents, buy a couple ovedr the month for a couple of months and see which you like best, then buy/subscibe to that one, if you start to find the content boring, repeat the process.

I like NQ Fish and Boat (cos it local), but also buy QFM and Bush'n'Beach occasionally, when something catches my eye on the cover. I also usually get the others if there's a free lure of something involved. I don't really get them often because they are mostly about areas I don't fish anymore, have never fished or not particularly interested in fishing at this point.

cqfreshie
09-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Yep ... good advice Scott. QFM and Bush'n'Beach are my favs. I was impressed with NQ Fish and Boat when I grabed a copy while on hols in Port Douglas in December ... the reading was more productive than the land based fishing:P

To me, Modern Fishing and Fishing World cater mainly for the Dep South, and the only fish are either jewies, kingies or salmon and freshwater fish are all trout.

Cheers
Graham