PDA

View Full Version : Monduran this weekend

Griffo2
04-02-2009, 04:13 PM
We had planed a trip to Monduran driving up from Brisbane tomorrow and leave on Sunday after a morning fish.

We are having doubts weather we should go with the forcast of high winds we are concered that it may make the fishing tougher than it normally is.Due to our limited knowlage of the dam could someone please advise if its worth while driving up early tomorrow, or would it be better to stay at work and leave it till next weekend?

Thanks in advance

Griffo

Peter4
04-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Griffo, there is always somewhere out of the wind to fish Monduran.

In fact the wind can help bring the barra on especially if you fish wind blown points and bays.....it might be uncomfortable but all will be forgotten if you get a hook-up!

Griffo2
04-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks Peter Whats to water like in windy conditions is it rough like Awoonga?
We might give it a go and just hope the tent isnt blowen away.
Cheers
Griffo

shaneoo
04-02-2009, 06:10 PM
hey griffo,
mate have fished mondy a few times in windy conditions, i have a 4.5 mtr boat and never a problem, i have been in awoonga when the wind has got up and mondy is nothin like that. I would defo give it a go, good opportunity to learn the dam in tough conditions and work on the old theory if u dont give it a go u will never no...
Lets us no how u go i am tossing up a trip up next weekend.

cheers shaneoo

eotbmg
04-02-2009, 06:18 PM
mate you will learn heaps, get up there,
As pete said fish the wind blown points and bays, fish the prime times, keep your eyes peeled for bait or birds, Pelicans are a sure bet.
I would love to be up there.
Cant catch em in Bris Vegas!!!!!!
Ben

Griffo2
04-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Ok i'm convinced will just have to convince the wife now we have a black Bluefin Tomcat with a 75 Suzi just me and the wife if anyone is up there and see us come and introduce your self, We should be there by 10am set up camp and be fishing by midday.
Thanks guys will attemp to post a report if we have anything to post that is.

BR65
04-02-2009, 09:01 PM
good luck mate, safe trip.

China
05-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Hi Griffo, I phoned yesterday and no powered sites left hope you have booked or have other alternatives. regards Brian.

nipsta
05-02-2009, 04:35 PM
hey griffo,
mate have fished mondy a few times in windy conditions, i have a 4.5 mtr boat and never a problem, i have been in awoonga when the wind has got up and mondy is nothin like that. I would defo give it a go, good opportunity to learn the dam in tough conditions and work on the old theory if u dont give it a go u will never no...
Lets us no how u go i am tossing up a trip up next weekend.

cheers shaneoo

hey shane i agree its ok in the wind it can help you if you read it right
and a awsome spot to fish anytime

BR65
05-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Hi Griffo, I phoned yesterday and no powered sites left hope you have booked or have other alternatives. regards Brian.

Moon this weekend

eotbmg
05-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Bloody moonies, i reckon the fishing may suffer from it!!!!

Whitto
05-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Moon this weekendThe only mooning I'll be doing this weekend is sticking my A#&e out the car window.....better than Road rage;D

Whitto
05-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Bloody moonies, i reckon the fishing may suffer from it!!!! Tainted Water everwhere !@#$%^&* Moonies;)

nipsta
05-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Tainted Water everwhere !@#$%^&* Moonies;)
hahaha i reckon that if ya did that whitto it would crack a few people up

darylive
05-02-2009, 06:46 PM
The only mooning I'll be doing this weekend is sticking my A#&e out the car window.....better than Road rage;D

Struth Whitto, you cars window is not that BIG :o

Bugger going in crap weather with a thousand people, if you can go next weekend. It doesn't blow like awonga but still gets rough.

BR65
05-02-2009, 07:03 PM
The only mooning I'll be doing this weekend is sticking my A#&e out the car window.....better than Road rage;D

;D Spose I deserved that, should know by now not to leave somethin hanging out there with you mob ready to pounce! I'll be making sure I keep clear of Pine Rivers this week end though, on the off chance Whitto feels the need to "express himself" as it were!

Weather might keep the crowds down a bit?

darylive
05-02-2009, 07:06 PM
ah yes the MOB rule!

Peter4
05-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Timed our run well......after the 'moonies' and after the school and Australia day crowds. Kyle & I arrive on Sunday 15th and will fish through until 18th.....

BR65
05-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Will miss ya agin Pete, we should be up on the 21st for the week end, bit more social this time with a couple of mates, their assorted hand brakes, and young fella in tow.

BR65
05-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Send ya a pm mate