PDA

View Full Version : Increase to boat rego

tropicrows
04-02-2009, 04:03 PM
I received my boat rego only to find it's increased by about 63%. :o
I bet that money is not going to any improvements at ramps or being put towards any research programs

breamqueen
04-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Owww,
Thanks for the warning, looks like im not getting my new bass outfit,
Boat rego only has this month to go :(

jimbo59
04-02-2009, 04:08 PM
I brought up this subject many months ago and was shot down in flames

harry_h01
04-02-2009, 04:15 PM
I just payed mine today

$161.30 (12mths) for a 4.6m runabout

Quite a rise since last year. Lets hope the extra does actually go into boat ramps etc.

Harry

FNQCairns
04-02-2009, 04:44 PM
I saw the minister on TV a couple of weeks ago as the media decided to report the increase, he parroted yada yada - infastructure crap but looked like he was about to go to sleep - certainly as if we have no lobby or voting voice.

The increases are disgraceful, never a justification for any more than the CPI then possible a couple of extra % for the GOV executives boatie funded catered meeting and further junkets, why do we have to fill the incompetence of government coffers.

If a private and monopoly enterprise tried this they would be up in trade practices court and shown for what they are...easily!

Angry Anna is out of control everywhere!!

cheers fnq

Mike Delisser
04-02-2009, 05:20 PM
The rego on my 4.35 has for the 1st time past the amount I was paying when the National Party were last running Qld, that was before Peter Beattie slashed regos for recreational boaters in Qld and it's taken 10 years to catch up. You're right - disgraceful!

FNQCairns
04-02-2009, 06:13 PM
The rego on my 4.35 has for the 1st time past the amount I was paying when the National Party were last running Qld, that was before Peter Beattie slashed regos for recreational boaters in Qld and it's taken 10 years to catch up. You're right - disgraceful!

Oops sorry, your right probably not disgraceful::) , yep I forgot about the importance of you being the only person alive and therefore your boat being the only boat length ever made::);):-X

cheers fnq

Mike Delisser
04-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Oops sorry, your right probably not disgraceful::) , yep I forgot about the importance of you being the only person alive and therefore your boat being the only boat length ever made::);):-X

cheers fnq

Not quite the only person, 65% of all regestered boats in Qld are 4.5 mts and under and in the cheapest rego cat. That means 65% of Qld boat owners got a rego rise of about $15. A rise we been told will be spent on improved facilities for us, it's already started in some areas but I'm sure time will tell.
;D

FNQCairns
04-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Not quite the only person, 71% of all regestered boats in Qld are 4.5 and under and in the cheapest rego cat.
If spread ove the whole year you still find the cost too high maybe you can't afford to run a boat as big as you have;)

Yeah it's a cracker, what does the cheapest rego got to do with anything:-/ how much does rego in the NT cost?

Hey I have an idea lets lobby together to increase all tax/fee's and services just for giggle of it, by say 40% throughout every regulated governmental monopoly:) and just for a extra giggle we could also include a few quasi governmental organisations as well like electricity;D;D.

Guaranteed the easiest part to sell::) will be idea that in trade there will be nothing done better or even well and all funds previously squandered will be forgotten.

No wonder communism is fundamentally flawed

cheers fnq

Mike Delisser
04-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Sorry FNQ I was editting my post while you were quoating me.
As per usual you make a lot of sence buddy ::)

FNQCairns
04-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I have just been watching Kerry O'Brien interview The federal liberal party leader, Kerry is unique for cutting through the ideology behind shallow thinking , he leaves not much doubt.....By chance M62 are your initials MT???

cheers fnq