PDA

View Full Version : Oxenford Recreational fishing club

luckystrike
03-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Hi,

Is anybody a member of the Oxenford recreational fishing club? If so would you have some info on the club?

Thanks
Scott

RayDeR
03-02-2009, 09:15 PM
G'day!

I live in the next suburb (maybe two away) and I have never heard of it.

Ray de R

luckystrike
04-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Howdy Ray de R,

the club house is just next to the boat ramp at the Coomera River basin, across from Heritage Gardens.

Scott

the gecko
04-02-2009, 10:35 AM
You can join up at the bar for $20 pa. Its open on thur, fri and sat nites after 4pm. They have a once a month fishing comp with weigh in on sun noon, not sure which week it is tho? First or last week of the month?

I joined once, and gave it away after a month. They do more drinking than fishing. On of them nearly started a brawl with my friends, so that was the end of that.

Its just an excuse to have a licenced club/bar for the locals. The guy who started it had the right idea, but that was long ago.

For a good club, try Gc Sportfishers at Southport.
http://www.flatheadclassic.com.au/

luckystrike
04-02-2009, 12:41 PM
thanks for the info gecko, a bit dissapointing if thats what they get up to as i am looking for a really good FISHING club. I am actually a member of the GC club because i fished the flatty classic last year and part of the entry was membership to the club but i haven't heard a thing from them since, maybe i should go along to club day and check it out.

azzure
13-02-2009, 04:07 PM
fishing and fighting.... sounds like my kind of club;)

only joking but i would be keen on the competition side of things