PDA

View Full Version : Boondooma dam

joshcarty
03-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Gday fellas just wondering if anyone has fished boondooma dam lately and if ya have what success you have had? interested to hear results. Cheers

Mudguard 92
03-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Hey mate,
I havent personally but this weeks fishing report in the paper is as follows:

"Fishing well at the moment. IF you like trolling some good bass and golden perch have been caught on Smak Golden Childs, Smak Spinnderbaits and Jackalls off the points of the dam and the main basin. Bass also being caught casting slider grubs and mask vibs in the main basin and the islands. Also some good success trolling shallow divers in 3m of water along the weed edges. Casting jackalls and mini coops Spinnerbaits to the bank in the Boyne river arm accounted for bass. All species on worms and fresh shrimp fished lightly up in the timbered flat areas."

Theres also an article in this months Bush n Beach about the dam.

Hope this helps - Mudguard

RayB
03-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Gidday Josh,

My father and brother fished Boondooma on Monday and they caught a few bass although nothing of real size. Can't comment on the areas fished although a few were caught not far from the ramp near the dam wall.

I also heard that they have received some rain recently and that parts of the dam has discoloured water which won't help the fishing for at least a couple of weeks.

cheers
Raymond

snodger 08
03-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi Josh,
wife and I went up there Oz day weekend. Caught heaps of bass just under size on gold blades, spinner baits and jackalls. There was the odd good size one around 40 thrown amoungst them. Mainly caught in the stewart arm throwing to within a couple of feet of the edge (shallow banks) and a slow steady retrieve. A lot of smaller ones caught on shrimp on the other side of the dam wall (kept the girls busy) and a couple of good size ones caught in the deep on plastics out from the cliffs in front of the bunk houses.
There are plenty there, just a matter of finding them.
Also found the time of day or the speed boats didnt make a lot of difference.
Hope that helps
Steve