PDA

View Full Version : Effects of low pressure systems

Griffo2
02-02-2009, 07:01 PM
We are planing to fish Monduran from this Thursday returning Monday. As there is a huge Low pressure system covering 2 thirds of the Australia we were woundering what effect this will have on the Barra, i have heard it may shut the bite down, is this the case?
Is it worth while going and risk scoring our 3rd donut or should we wait till the weather clears?

Griffo

Steve B
02-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Griffo,

from the best of my knowledge a low doesnt affect the barra as much as other species. We havent had any significant rain or inflow to upset any water or change the temps for the worse.......I think if it stays the same for this week it would be worth a shot.***They have been getting a few over the past week if that helps.

Cheers Steve

*** I hold no responsibility for any pending doughnuts as a result of any dodgey info that I may provide;D

STIFFWORM
03-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi griffo, all going well ribfillet and myself should also b up there this weekend. Mind u ive been saying that since the aus day weekend ( i still feel the pain from missing that one).And now that Steve has virtually guranteed the weather will be fine and fishing fantastic we would be mad not 2 go ;) . well b arriving fri nite leaving sun lunch, fishing out of a black and grey tabs come say gday:) . Cheers les