PDA

View Full Version : Cania Dam

gav73
01-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Does anyone know how Cania dam has been fishing lately? Im heading down there on friday for the first time for 5 days.

JEKS
02-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Does anyone know how Cania dam has been fishing lately? Im heading down there on friday for the first time for 5 days.
HI Gav,
we were there a couple of weeks ago for the day and caught heaps.
You should try Monduran while your down here not far from Cania.
cheers Jeks.

Colo77
02-02-2009, 05:03 PM
dude! I'm jealous. Havn't been to Cania 4 ages. you'll have a blast, it's a top dam.

Cheers,

gav73
02-02-2009, 07:16 PM
That sounds good as I have a brand new boat to try out and a mate that has never caught bass or saratoga before.I hope the weather is good to us.We have booked at Monduran at Easter for a week then Faust for a week so we are counting down the days.

Colo77
02-02-2009, 09:08 PM
sounds like a good couple of trips. if the water is still low at Cania, beware of a couple of big vertical stumps at the end of bass straight (at top of dam if water is still low). i found one last time i was there about 2 years ago. i imagine the water wii be at a similar level. thought i'd give you a heads up with the new boat:) . what sort is it??

gav73
03-02-2009, 07:30 PM
sounds like a good couple of trips. if the water is still low at Cania, beware of a couple of big vertical stumps at the end of bass straight (at top of dam if water is still low). i found one last time i was there about 2 years ago. i imagine the water wii be at a similar level. thought i'd give you a heads up with the new boat:) . what sort is it??
Hi Colo
Thanks for the heads up! The new boat is a Nitro 640 with a 90 Merc on it. It's only outing so far was up to Faust for a couple of days (for a couple of donuts!:( ). I've banned the missus from putting a lure in the water until I catch the first fish (can't have her beating me again!;D )
Regards
Gav

phatty
03-02-2009, 08:29 PM
myself a few mates were there 2 weekends ago and had a ball.
it was my first trip out there and i had the boxes stocked with surface lures from what they were all telling me

tho it wasnt as easy as they had encounted on previous trips out there.
with it being the school holidays there was alot of boat traffic and being such a small area of water the bass had no where to go but down, still got onto a few tho, and more toga than bass.. which i didnt really mind.. being my first time fishing in a bass impoundment.

all toga's come on surface, things like cultiva zipn ziggys, lucky craft sammy 65, and topwater fly.
bass came on spinners, deep rapalas, maskvibe, and a couple on fly.

gav73
04-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Thanks Phatty
I will have to go and take out a couple of boxes of surface lures as I got told surface would be the go.Ive caught plenty of wild bass down around Grafton but never any impoundment bass,all we can do is try.If it gets me out of the shed for a couple of days with the mrs and mates with a few beers a fish would be a bonus.
Thanks for the info.

Colo77
04-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Hi Colo
Thanks for the heads up! The new boat is a Nitro 640 with a 90 Merc on it. It's only outing so far was up to Faust for a couple of days (for a couple of donuts!:( ). I've banned the missus from putting a lure in the water until I catch the first fish (can't have her beating me again!;D )
Regards
Gav
Nice!:cool:

Try the shoreline early morn late arvo & the deeper water thru the day. When chasin the deep fish, sound around to locate a school mark & focus on them with different lures/retrieves til somethin draws a strike. Count the lure down to the same depth the school is b4 retrieving.

Good Luck,

phatty
04-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks Phatty
I will have to go and take out a couple of boxes of surface lures as I got told surface would be the go.Ive caught plenty of wild bass down around Grafton but never any impoundment bass,all we can do is try.If it gets me out of the shed for a couple of days with the mrs and mates with a few beers a fish would be a bonus.
Thanks for the info.

no problem.

that was the same approach i had.. by the time you go the boat traffic will have cut down i heap so it would fire awesome again..

the bass in there are all over really good average size.
the bass of the trip went just on 50.. with most of the other being 40+

weather wasnt really in favour for our trip.. still had a ball! and will definatly be back in the next month or so.