PDA

View Full Version : borumba dam traffic report please.

lifestyle
01-02-2009, 05:14 PM
I have never fished borumba dam before and i was woundering what the boating traffic was like on the weekends. I am thinking of going for a day trip with the wife and kids. Is there plenty of parking and is there also toilet facility? One more question would the kids catch a fish if they just fished with bait? Thanks shane

RayB
01-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Shane,

I have only fished Borumba a few times but it is a small lake and if you head for the sticks then the skiers will not follow. There are good areas to fish the main basin as well if the skiers stay away.

I have heard of many reports of good catches on live shrimp. I have used shrimp on the odd occasion when I bring my young kids along and we have always managed to catch some Bass and Golden Perch. We tie up to tree in approx. 7-8 mtrs of water suspend the shrimp about mid water.

As the water level is high, launching the boat can be an exercise in patience but Borumba is a beautiful dam and worth the wait.

Hope this helps
Raymond

drunkenduncan
01-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Hello Shane,
We fished Burumba this morning. Boat traffic was exceptionally good ,only 5 or 6 boats fishing but the carpark showed about 20 odd skiers when we finally returned home. Like Ray B said... the ramp is a test of patience, although it can easily accomodate 2 cars across. Try and get on the water early and parking will not be a problem.There is a toilet block above the ramp, Imbil has a IGA and sells fuel, and there are plenty of places to pull the boat up for a picnic once you get on the water. my tip for fishing with the kids is head up to the sticks and sound out the old river bed. If I take my little boy fishing with me we just tie on a deep diving minnow , spinner bait and usually can troll up a bass. I know you can buy worms at the Deer Park, I know a few people use these but as Im not a bait soaker I can't speak from experience. The dam seems to be firing up at the moment. Plenty of toga up the yabba arm and today we nailed a 48cm bass on surface fly , as well as a couple of smaller 35-40s. Have fun, Borumba is certainly worth the effort
Cheers Glenn

lifestyle
02-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Thanks for all you tips RayB and drunckenduncan . I look forward to my first trip there . Not sure when as i have to much work on at the moment. But i will make a note to let you know how we go with the kids and fishing up there. Thanks again Shane