PDA

View Full Version : looking for 445F or R

TJ Bear
01-02-2009, 01:18 PM
I am looking for a 445F condition does not matter infact real piece of shit with soft transom and floor would be perfect if the right price may even consider 445R old piece of crap if right price. If anybody knows of or see's anything drop me a PM. Looking anywhere between Coffs and Noosa.

Todd

jeffo
01-02-2009, 02:13 PM
good luck getting one at "the right price".

OPTI
01-02-2009, 02:38 PM
what happened to the spear fish?

TJ Bear
01-02-2009, 05:39 PM
I just want the hull, I intend to make a couple of little changes then pull a mould off it, will also be building a full internal liner mould, ring deck mould and centre console mould. I sold the Spearfish but am going to build up a set of 445 moulds and setup a little business. I intend to build them the same way as I build the 44 Sports yacht and 58 Sports Yacht at Riv. Hull deck and liner to be cored and vacume infused with 100% VE resin, CCP gel coat, Nomax transom, all underfloor structure will be built over foam formers and vacume infused. May take me a little while to build all the plugs and moulds but I think I can build something a little better than whats on the market at a reasonable price. Time will tell. Only want to build 4 or 5 a year

OPTI
01-02-2009, 05:49 PM
good to hear someone finally knows how to build a decent boat.i might need you in my 233 project?:o

TJ Bear
01-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Once upon a time I was the production manager at Haines Hunter and now run the Infusion Team at Riv, also run small parts and fuel tanks, I want to build myself a little sports fisher thats cheap to run and easy to handle by my self.I hope to build a couple on the side for dedicated sports fisho's looking for the same. If you need a hand on any projects or advice on materials give a yell, I have access to the best infusion consumables from Airtech in the states plus vacuum bag. Have trialed most of the high viscosity infusion VE resins and catalyst systems. Also have a bit of experince designing laminate schedules and composite repairs to USLC and Loydes specs both using hand lamination, vacuum bagging, vacuum infusing and pre preg vacuum bagging.

pilchardjones
02-02-2009, 05:57 AM
sounds like a great idea TJ. there always seems to be people on here chasing 445f's so hopefully you can make something work, and you obviously have the skills to produce a good product. good luck. i'll keep an eye out for 445s for you.
steve

jeffo
02-02-2009, 06:05 AM
what changes do you want to make to the hull? Is it an option to pull a mould of some ones 445 hull with out having to buy it, or are there to many mods/problems with doing this?

TJ Bear
02-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Be easy to take a mould off someones boat and make changes to plug just need to borrow someones boat for a couple of weeks, would even give the owner a free hull and deck out of the moulds for the help.

Noelm
02-02-2009, 07:49 AM
having fished in one on and off for a long time, the biggest design problem (I reckon) is the console is way too far back, my mate has one in QLD and he removed the console and built an alloy one, then moved it about 2 foot further forward, the Boat is now 10 times better to drive and fish out of than it ever was, I was also told that someone in Caloundra is making them, but it is only a "mate knows a mate" thing so unconfirmed if it is true or not.

catcrab
02-02-2009, 01:51 PM
hi TJ Bear, i have just about finished a refurbish on a 445f , floor/transom, and internal fit out, just about to turn her over and clean up the bottom. currently no motor or console fitted, i,m based at pacific pines gold coast, i may be able to help in some way. pm me.
Drew.

TJ Bear
03-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Also looking for a Haines V133 Sea Wasp if anyone see.s one let me know.

catcrab
03-02-2009, 06:52 PM
hi Todd, having trouble sending you a pm, ring me Drew.0407236962
re 445f

TJ Bear
03-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Tryed to call Drew, sent you a text.

seaeagle
06-02-2009, 10:31 AM
I leave outside of Townsville if it is close to your area TJ , you might be able to use mine for a mould

TJ Bear
06-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the offer seaeagle but Im on the Gold Coast.