PDA

View Full Version : Mackeral from kayak

carnster
30-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Caught these over the chrissy holidays off the goldy. I did loose an absolute stonka of a cobia but i had no gaff and i lost it trying to grab it with my bare hands.

vertico
30-01-2009, 03:02 PM
gotta love the DT's
nice mackerl mate
welldone
sean

ffejsmada
30-01-2009, 03:05 PM
;D;D..............the budgie smugglers??????...............nice colour;D;D

Good macks mate, shame about the cobe.

lethal098
30-01-2009, 03:41 PM
its amazing we are on a fishing forum and the first thing that is siad is about the dt's, come on guys.
great fish well done
cheers lethal

tailorboi99
30-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Brilliant fish guys, also the water looks excellent out there!!!

Tom

carnster
30-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Sorry guys I should have warned you about the DT's. I forgot to stuff a sock down there to make things look bigger.

skipalong
30-01-2009, 04:54 PM
nice fish mate where did you load them all on the yak?

juju
30-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Be interesting if a shark decided to have a taste...you more game than me

1lastcast
30-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Nice macks there carnster congrats , dont know whats with all the comments about your tackle bag , the kayak now thats something i would love to do but i might have to work a little on my fitness
Regards MONOSTRETCHO

Custaro
30-01-2009, 08:08 PM
good work. i am also interested to know where you stash fish on the yak. also, if you had a gaff with the cobe...what is you attack plan after sticking the spike in? we got four cobes on the weekend in a 20ft center console all about 20lb a piece and all of them had a super spastic attitude going nuts coming over the side and then on the floor of the boat. i mentioned then.. "how the hell would ya go catching one of these in a kayak?"

vertico
30-01-2009, 08:31 PM
lethal....you are too serious imho :P
we can see the good fish why not add some comedy :P
haha
sean

jtpython
30-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Mate great stuff but the last thing i would be doing is reaching over the side of a kayak to grab a Adrenalin filled Cobia.
My mate has one that you slide into the kayak it's self a Fisherman 17 i think ........ i have a pacer but am not keen to have a reach lol
And yep they are DT"S that's one thing ya don't see much anymore ........Thank god
LOL
You have been doing great in the mac's lately

carnster
31-01-2009, 06:07 PM
I put the fish inside a hessian bag that is strapped along the front of the ski. The cobe was pretty rooted (so was I) after the hour long fight. It was pretty demoralising to see it slowly swim away (hooks straightened). Seriously it was a good 2m long (fish of a lifetime). I don't expect anyone to believe that (i probably wouldn't) but I got a pretty good estimate of its length when i was trying to grab its tail and its head was almost past the front of the ski. Finally about the sharks. Well I have had a 13 foot tiger (longer than my 12 ft ski) nudge me from behind and then swim along side and slowly under neath me. I was at hastings point and it was pretty nerve racking.

RAT-KING
01-02-2009, 05:05 AM
Well I have had a 13 foot tiger (longer than my 12 ft ski) nudge me from behind and then swim along side and slowly under neath me. I was at hastings point and it was pretty nerve racking. And u still go out???? F That!!!!
for maccies like that, I can see why it would b tempting!
Cheers Simon

lethal098
02-02-2009, 06:56 AM
lethal....you are too serious imho :P
we can see the good fish why not add some comedy :P
haha
sean

vertico, i was not that serious i thought it was funny that that was the first thing mentioned. and now i can laugh some more as you thought i was serious about it. haha Lethal

business class
02-02-2009, 01:50 PM
You are keener then me....... i have lost enough to sharks already this year so i would hate to do the same on a yak.......Well done on the catch they look about 8kg the ones you are holding up in your b'day suit.......... am i close???

Cheers
Matty