PDA

View Full Version : Ausfish Flag

tropicrows
30-01-2009, 12:52 PM
How many of us would display an Ausfish type pendent flag if one existed.

I thought of using the stickers but don't really have anywhere suitable to put them. So I thought of a one of those triangular flags, just interested who else would fly one.

Benno1
30-01-2009, 01:28 PM
we would...weve got Aussie flags on it (the kids love too hold them up in the wind)...a triangular one would be the go...with some form of clip too securely attach it to the radio arial...good idea Tropic...

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

Mr__Bean
30-01-2009, 01:33 PM
PBA members have a flag that they hang off their boat aerials and it is a great way of locating another member on the water, it also reduces the agro factor is someone approaches whilst you are at anchor etc.

I would gladly display an Ausfish flag in the same way.

- Darren

Little grey men
30-01-2009, 01:49 PM
I'd attach one to the sissy bar on the banana seat on my three speed dragster ....remember those ?

ffejsmada
30-01-2009, 03:00 PM
I'd attach one to the sissy bar on the banana seat on my three speed dragster ....remember those ?

Haha My brother had a Chopper...............remember them????;D;D

Coolest bikes in the world at the time!:P

tailorboi99
30-01-2009, 05:16 PM
I would if I had a boat..

Tom,
also brilliant idea

jtpython
30-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Be one of the first JT

tropicrows
30-01-2009, 07:04 PM
A three speed dragstar, yer I remember them. I begged & begged for one for at xmas, I did get it BUT it was a 24" shit it was ulgly, nothing likr to 20" and did I get heaps from all my mates.

Anyway back to the flag, come on you people vote vote vote.

poundalead
30-01-2009, 07:04 PM
I would for sure!

TonyM
30-01-2009, 07:28 PM
A three speed dragstar, yer I remember them. I begged & begged for one for at xmas, I did get it BUT it was a 24" shit it was ulgly, nothing likr to 20" and did I get heaps from all my mates.

Anyway back to the flag, come on you people vote vote vote.

haha I feel for ya mate - I got one for christmas as a youngster and it was a 10 speed with the chopper seat, sissy bar, and biggggg handlebars. I pretended to be happy at first but actually enjoyed it after a while, that is until I smashed the rims doing bunny hops and jumping gutters ;D

Thanks LGM for the flashback 8-)

Re the flag why not, dunno about on the boat as I don't have an arial to stick one on and don't want anything in the way of casting/landing but certainly would stick one up at my campsite!

Cheers
Tony

RayDeR
30-01-2009, 07:54 PM
G'day!

I don't have an aerial on my tinnie but could stick it up on a spare rod. Come to think of that I could do it that way when beach fishing, too.

Ray de R

Mac1952
30-01-2009, 08:10 PM
The sooner the better!

Searaider 2
30-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Yes ,
I'd display one .:thumbsup:
My preference would be a pennant type you add to your aerial / or spare rod etc .

Xahn1960
30-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I think its a good idea, if I ever run into a fellow Ausfisher on the water, one of us is likely to be a long way from home, it would be great to be able to say G'day...

onerabbit
30-01-2009, 10:34 PM
I would definitely fly an Ausfish flag,
I used to have a fishing club flag, but have since left that club due to political reasons.

I was fishing the 48's off Ballina a couple of years ago when a "friend" in a 5.5 tonne pro crab boat fully contacted us at a speed,
( he said we were in the sun's reflection )
he said the first he knew of us being there was my flag in his windscreen.....................so it would now be an Ausfish flag, if one existed, or the Jolly Roger.

Muzz

TimiBoy
31-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Flag's a great idea, a must even!

I have a sticker either side of the boat, but they're hard to see in a bit of chop or at a distance.

And just for the record, I NEVER had a Dragster!:P

Cheers,

Tim

finga
31-01-2009, 10:09 AM
All my bikes come from parts collected at the tip. :)
My mate had a Peewee Herman bike with the big wide handlebars and curve frame work before Peewee Herman was around. I reckoned that was a flash bike

I don't know if my little boat will get on plane with the drag of a flag on it as well??
But I'd be an easy way to spot fella's on the water though wouldn't it.

If I remember this issue was raised a year or so ago so a search might be needed.

finga
31-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Here it is
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=65532&highlight=ausfish+flag
Well it looks like that was 2 years ago.

tropicrows
01-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks finga, looks like their's a lot more support this time.
74.51% say yes

Keep voting Ausfish's

I don't think we need a whole range of sizes or colours. Just one size and maybe a couple of colours.

Lets hope the Ausfish team get into it. 8-)

catfishkid
01-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Flag's a great idea, a must even!

I have a sticker either side of the boat, but they're hard to see in a bit of chop or at a distance.

And just for the record, I NEVER had a Dragster!:P

Cheers,

Tim
Tim thats sad and I feel you missed a great part of childhood not having a dragster,perhaps you could get one now and hoon around your street;D
As for the ausfish flag its a top idea and I would hapily fly one

Cheers Craig

sid_fishes
01-02-2009, 08:19 PM
me and a few crazy mate,s had dragstars, choppers and anything else we could modify, made crusty,s demons look like whimps. the local bike track, me 25 ft in the air off a jump,1 smashed frame ,my cause if split 15 stitches, my mate higher than me , missing teeth busted arm and leg ,but we where there next week doing it again
i wish i was young again
i didnt hurt so much then
as for the flag, yeah would be good to see who is out there

TunaKing2008
01-02-2009, 08:36 PM
i would happily display one on my boat!

breamqueen
01-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Me 2,
hmm must get some stickers why im thinking of this..

1lastcast
02-02-2009, 07:35 AM
No i wouldn`t , even my fishnet flag looks funny

tropicrows
02-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Keep those votes coming in chaps. lets keep this post moving.

Steeler
02-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi all.I would have one for sure hanging from the radio arial,excellent thread and idea.Come to think off it,it would probably double the value of my boat how sad is that.

Cheers Steve

jeffrey_h
02-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Since it sounds like a good idea why hasn't Ausfish done any yet?

My new boat has a 3/4 hard top, heaps of space for flags.

Jeffrey

bigjimg
02-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Yep something to flap around in the breeze would be good.I'm all for it.
Ahh the old dragster,heres a memory for you all.The young fella who lived up the road had one,we all had BMX bikes,so I convinced him to let me have a go.The neighbours up the road were top dressing or something and they had a huge pile of the shit on the footpath.I reckon I hit the ramp at 40 or so clicks and layed the
old bugger over into what was called a table top at about 8 or 9ft in the air.The only problem was at such high altitude I drifted somewhat into the other neigbours frigging rose bushes, which were a healthy 5ft tall.I lay there bleeding
half suspended in the bastards while the front tyre hissed a slow death meanwhile the old saddlebag that shaped and fussed over these garden death traps was sitting on her verandah having heart failure and fumbling with her glass of alter wine or earle grey shreiking at me to get out of the rose bushes.blah blah blah.Never mind about me Ha Ha we were bullet proof.I am sure she had little Jim dolls she would stick knitting needles into.The roses were SMASHED,they took a long while to recover.And old mate walked his Dragster home with a flat tyre.It was very entertaining and got quite few laughs and is in our family Hall Of Fame.Jim

dogsbody
03-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Yep something to flap around in the breeze would be good.I'm all for it.
Ahh the old dragster,heres a memory for you all.The young fella who lived up the road had one,we all had BMX bikes,so I convinced him to let me have a go.The neighbours up the road were top dressing or something and they had a huge pile of the shit on the footpath.I reckon I hit the ramp at 40 or so clicks and layed the
old bugger over into what was called a table top at about 8 or 9ft in the air.The only problem was at such high altitude I drifted somewhat into the other neigbours frigging rose bushes, which were a healthy 5ft tall.I lay there bleeding
half suspended in the bastards while the front tyre hissed a slow death meanwhile the old saddlebag that shaped and fussed over these garden death traps was sitting on her verandah having heart failure and fumbling with her glass of alter wine or earle grey shreiking at me to get out of the rose bushes.blah blah blah.Never mind about me Ha Ha we were bullet proof.I am sure she had little Jim dolls she would stick knitting needles into.The roses were SMASHED,they took a long while to recover.And old mate walked his Dragster home with a flat tyre.It was very entertaining and got quite few laughs and is in our family Hall Of Fame.Jim

Still crack up at that one ;D;D "Is she gone? Is she gone?"

Dave

Herm
03-02-2009, 07:21 PM
After this was discussed a couple of years ago and with Steve's permisssion I made a couple.

I would be happy to buy a new one through the Ausfish Website though!

tropicrows
04-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Herm, maybe you could start up a business on the side.

Seriously, I hope Ausfish can see a market for these and get some made up sooner rather than latter..

TimiBoy
05-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Steve? Any thoughts on this one?

Cheers,

Tim

BarraBandit
05-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Might not have been the smartest thing I have ever done... but... I had a Transfer Sticker thing made with the (or somthing close to) "ausfish fish" on it, then I transfered it onto a V Sheet.

Anyone want to copy my idea? *winks at steve* :D

LOL.

Barrabandit.

PinHead
05-02-2009, 08:42 PM
already have stickers on the side of the boat..no need for a flag as well.

Cammy
05-02-2009, 09:25 PM
I recon Its great idea!

Cam

tropicrows
06-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Last day to vote chaps, keep them comming.
The yes vote is around 72% not bad, looks like you could be on a winner here Steve ?