PDA

View Full Version : boat lighting

Benny01
29-01-2009, 10:58 PM
what do people use in smaller tinnys to light up the inside of the boat while fishing

Tailortaker
29-01-2009, 11:53 PM
I've got a 12v fluro light in my tinnie. It's attached on the side half way up one side .

Lovey80
30-01-2009, 03:35 AM
I use one long LED under each gunwhale. About the same length as a 12v Flouro but uses 0.10 of the power and about the same amount of light. I put them under the gunwhale so they don't shine on the water and the LED gives a really soft glow that doesnt stuff your night vision up.

Cheers

Chris

TimiBoy
30-01-2009, 06:05 AM
I have halogens. While not a tinnie, they do a great job. Just don't cover them over, as they create a lot of heat, and they'll catch fire!

WON'T THEY CHONG???:P:P:P

Cheers,

Tim

garman1
30-01-2009, 06:21 AM
I use a twin flouro/with orange led bulb inbuilt in the unit...... made by energizer, good unit. I remove it when not fishing and have used it more in the house due to blackouts etc, lights up a room really well. Bunnings sell em.........

You can choose 1side of the flouro or both tubes or just the led on it's own for low level lighting ...

ronnien
30-01-2009, 08:10 AM
i use a led strip light, sits on the front of the side console & just under the gunnle height so no light goes over the side. covered it with blue contact & works a treat, it is also 12v but i need to buy a new 1 as it got smashed on the last trip, $40 from bias.

ron.

the gecko
30-01-2009, 11:56 AM
I really dont want a light on all the time cos it attracts mossies and midgies up the creeks, so I use a headlamp for tying knots. If I really need a light for something like using a castnet, I have a Colemans lantern style light rechargable 240v, in the boat. Dont forget anything 12v thats NOT LED will flatten your battery after about 6-8 hrs, so have 2 batteries. Andrew

BaitThrower
30-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Using small oval haped LED lights I got off ebay a while back. They were 12 LED I think each. On a single axis hinge. Mounted one up front of my boat and one down the back on the boat sides. Hooked em to the main switch box for easy ON/OFF operation.

Angla
30-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Led's are the way to go for sure. Jaycar have a few as well as good boating shops too. Varieties are starting to appear. You should look for flexibility and waterproofing as well as a waterproof switch if one is incorporated. They will run all night for very little drain to the battery.

Chris