PDA

View Full Version : rain at mondy

robersl
29-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Hi all just wondering has there been any rise in water at monduran since the rain if so how much or has it just been a trickle

shane

BR65
29-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Shane, personally I thought levels were up from early December, the green grass was right to the waters edge, and Ive got a stump up at H that I use to gauge levels, and it was basking its toes in the water on the week end. All the creeks north of Childers were running brown as well, though I didnt notice any colour changes to the water at the creek mouths I fished on Sunday.
On a positive note, I thought the water quality had improved a bit, not as green, except in Jacks, where it was very ordinary.

cheers
brian

eotbmg
29-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Not that i could notice when i was there on the weekend. The rain was going around us according to Chewy, and hitting places like Maryborough and Bundy.
We really only had 1 or 2 good down pours of say 20 - 30 mm each. Most of that would have been sucked in by the ground
Ben

BR65
29-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Recovered from the week end yet Benny, I was at a meeting yesterday morn and fell asleep half way thru, rather embaressing!

eotbmg
29-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Mate i am the same, Had Tuesday off [ luckily the turf couldnt get cut cos of the rain. bugger ] i just slept on the couch and played with the little monster. Amazing how fast 19 months flies by
Got the IBD bad though!

BR65
29-01-2009, 08:40 PM
yup, Im looking at around Feb 21, 22, 23

eotbmg
29-01-2009, 09:25 PM
I will be in touch mate, may do the S and D

chewy01
29-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Bit worried about the whole s n d thingy ben, illl probably be chasing salty barra by then if we get some more rain,but u never know, i could always bring aew beers up

eotbmg
29-01-2009, 09:56 PM
sounds good, cant get the bloody weekend out of my head. Going to stop fishing the public hol. long weekends though, just too much traffic. Its definately effecting the fishing.

DEANO68
30-01-2009, 06:44 AM
yup, Im looking at around Feb 21, 22, 23

mmmmm....dates on the board gets a slight twitch in the arms, lookin at borumba that weekend brian , but may keep an eye on the weather...can always hit borumba the next weekend....ok with you chris..??? see what happens...

deano..8-)

STIFFWORM
30-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Hi robers check out the sunwaters web site 4 all mondys up 2 date water levels. cheers les.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Whitto
31-01-2009, 06:53 AM
sounds good, cant get the bloody weekend out of my head. Going to stop fishing the public hol. long weekends though, just too much traffic. Its definately effecting the fishing.Know what u are saying Ben....BTW cat naps and recovery time my mind goes strait back to last weekend...I agree with the traffic thing...as soon as a boat ripped through the Tailing Barra went sub surface...I wished the areas we found were more isolated from the traffic lanes:(....Good weekend though.

BR65
31-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Gday Whitto, Benny nailed it with the boat noise issue, thats why I was hitting those early starts before all the bumble bees buzzed past me.
Amazing the difference, Monday up you know where was practically deserted, me, nav and vin, and some other bloke in a skeeter or something similar, and that was it, and look at the difference in results!

Magella
31-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Water level at dam wall on the 23.1.09 was 65.56 metres At 9am 31.01.09 Water level was 65.60 metres

Cheers Foxie

Whitto
31-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Gday Whitto, Benny nailed it with the boat noise issue, thats why I was hitting those early starts before all the bumble bees buzzed past me.
Amazing the difference, Monday up you know where was practically deserted, me, nav and vin, and some other bloke in a skeeter or something similar, and that was it, and look at the difference in results!No question in my mind about that Brian we were just too close to the travelling lanes the same thing happened in bottom B arm as soon as the boats rolled in that was it........Thats why Justin and me didn't venture up to the Glory hole we figured there were enough boats in that area and knowing my luck of late we would have shut things down for sure....I was happy knowing that it fished well....There's always next time Brother slowly slowly;D.....I tell ya Brian if it wasn't for the thought of the Goat Track trip I would be heading up there very very soon;)

BR65
31-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Ahh yes, our glorious national highway system!
Did you have the new swag on the weekend mate, the one you brought for over niteing in the boat, if so, how was it, Im intending to do that a bit from now on.

Whitto
31-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Ahh yes, our glorious national highway system!
Did you have the new swag on the weekend mate, the one you brought for over niteing in the boat, if so, how was it, Im intending to do that a bit from now on.Always have the swag and the 4V Dome tent in the back of the truck Brian.......bought a great above ground camp cot with pump up mattress as well...gotta have the comfort's of home Brother

robersl
31-01-2009, 05:06 PM
thanks foxie

Archer
31-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Rising water levels going to have any effect on the fishing in the coming weeks?
Im up there on the 13th.....
Anything i should do diffrently to normal?? Not that "normal" has worked thus far.

Any help appreciated this is my 3rd trip and i would really like to land one this time around!!!
7 Hour drives for no fish really are not alot of fun! Mind you they couldnt be all bad as i keep going back...:-/ ;D

Foxie i will drop in mid arvo on the 13th to grab some more gear and get all the latest info!!
Had a good arvo with Rod and kim today and they gave me all the info from there last trip so hopefully that will help some what!:D

Joe

eotbmg
01-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Joe
The rise is minimal mate, i wouldnt do anything differently.
Fish prime times[sunrise and sunset] and look in the almanac for the peak fishing times, just as a guide.
I love the points, tie to a tree fishing different lures and retrieves.
Love the B52 in gold,
Ben