PDA

View Full Version : Coffs report

Nofishtoobig
28-01-2009, 11:46 PM
That had be right, i move south and judging by the offshore SE QLD reports it's a bumpa season and weather not like last. Some really great fish being landed guys.

Anyhows i thought i'd post a report for the area between Coffs and Yamba (I've had 3 weeks holidays = 3 weeks of fishing ;D ).

As previously posted the bait is thick i mean thick, haven't bought any, frezzer full of stripey/ bonito/ squid with the slimey's and pillies everywhere acres. wich is probably keepin the bottom bashin a bit quiet

The last 3 weeks managed to land my first black about 45kg on 15kg 8-) , have drop 1 black about 70kg who went deep after 10 minutes and spat the hook :'( and 1 Blue that said don't argue 200+ kg, he took the smallest lure in the spead and closests on 15kg :D putting on a good song and dance, i thought he was tryin to jumpin in the boat at first, he looked at us, we looked at him, are you serious then realising what was goin on, lines in that was it 500m of line was disapearing fast as the boat came round for the chase ping....;D .
Bigger Dollies are very patchy, with a few small around, haven't seen YF for 4 weeks now, hopefully some new water will bringem in. The Mackrel are just starting to show but not in numbers, I've been cleaned up as usual >:( .
I heard nothin but Cobia down here last season but the only one seen followed the boat for an hour it didn't matter what we threw at it he was just cruisin :-/ . Plenty of kingies but size is not quite with the odd 70cm (65 is legal here), been getting on light gear with little xmas trees great fun.

Bottom bashin quite especially out wide, still getting a snap or two in the 2 - 4 kg range (nothin like the 15kg reported on another post monster), a few nanygi, odd pearlie and trag, but hard work. Some of the inshore reefs have been good for GT's snaged 3 between the 5 - 7kg, are they any good on the chew ? i let em go.

I think in paradise tight lines for now, hope the summer never ends.8-)

Pete62
29-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the report, water in Coffs is 26 degrees today and gin clear.

Plenty of boats on both bait grounds this morning so the Macks must be around.

Hoping for a run out tomorrow.

Cheer's Pete.

1lastcast
29-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Good report mixed species there and the gt`s go back when i catch em not that good chewing .