PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy quality hooks at right price??

Dean1
28-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Guys just wondering where we buy our hooks from. Ive been buying them from BCF but in the 8/0 to 12/0 size and there so expensive especially when you go through a box or two a trip. I have a few internet sites but always sus about no name brands. Any help would be great. Thanks, Dean.

Noelm
28-01-2009, 09:47 AM
for hooks that I use a lot, I just go to my local tackle shop and do a deal on a bulk buy, get enough to last for ages and they are quite cheap, mind you, using a couple of boxes a trip seems a bit much.

business class
28-01-2009, 11:05 AM
deano if your going through a couple of box's a week i think any tackle store will look after you hey. Just wondering you mean box's of 50?? thats insane if you are. There are also a few brands that do box's of 1000. i think Gama does
Cheers
Matty

finding_time
28-01-2009, 12:09 PM
for hooks that I use a lot, I just go to my local tackle shop and do a deal on a bulk buy, get enough to last for ages and they are quite cheap, mind you, using a couple of boxes a trip seems a bit much.

You mexicans dont have the shark issues we have up here in certain places!;) Gees they sh!t ya some times!

Ian

the gecko
28-01-2009, 12:18 PM
You must be buying em in packs of 6?

Ive bought gammas off ebay 100 at a time and they were perfect quality.

Now that I prefer Owner hooks, I buy em at TAckleworld in packs of 50, theres nothing wrong with their price, it was similar to ebay price.

Noelm
28-01-2009, 12:52 PM
I find for the price (and your loss rate) that plain old Mustads would be as good as anything, they are good quality, reasonably priced and available almost everywhere, most local tackle guys would do a deal on (say) a thousand or more at a time.

tasreeling
28-01-2009, 01:15 PM
www mo tackle dot com dot au is my online store of choice. (not sure if allowed to post URLS). They sell all the tops brands. Not sure about quantities though but I have seen packs of 50's.

oldboot
28-01-2009, 01:57 PM
It also pays to keep your eyes open......you would be surprised what ends up in bargin bins.

If that particular store has been stoked with this or that and they don't have customers that buy that product... sooner or later they end up in the bargin bin.

I picked up some huge mustad tuna circles for 50c a pair, packs of trebbles for 50c a pack and all sorts of stuff that I could not believe were in there.

The huge tuna circles I'll probably never use but they are good for frightening the kiddies and practicing tying knots on.

Same store I have seen boxes of 100 6/0 oky's and other such stuff.

cheers

walugi
29-01-2009, 11:16 AM
i went by anaconda the other day, and bought some mojiko brand hooks. $2 for 32 :P

Haven't used them yet, not sure about the quality. Sizes 4/0 and 5/0 though

Chamelion
29-01-2009, 11:59 AM
I've been impressed with the mojiko tackle that I've used so far. Not much, but all the same... braid, mono, soft plastics.

ozbee
29-01-2009, 12:54 PM
looking for tru -turn in boxes of 100 7 to 9 os also vmc in 9 os seem harder to get in any quanty these days