PDA

View Full Version : 1770 Trip

nautical prince
26-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Headed out for a couple of days of glass out conditions. Got four reds from 5 to 9Kgs witha mixed bag of reefies and 3 coral trout best one went 4kgs. Only drama i had was loosing a bloody sacra anchor worth $200 in the lagoon as the d shackle undid itself oh well thats fishin. All in All was a blast. ;D
will try to get some pics up later wont let me put em on damm

Benno1
26-01-2009, 07:26 PM
another quality trip by the sounds of it...well fish wise anyways :P...shame about loosing the anchor tho...nice haul of fish NP...looking forward to the piccies :D...strip bait???...fresh squid???...what did the damage???
Cheers for the report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

skipalong
26-01-2009, 07:35 PM
quality reds at that size mate you must have been stoked

cheers justin

Plastic_Magic
26-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Sounds good mate.

We were camping in the lagoon over the Saturday night and on sunday morning we pulled the pick with 2 spanner crabs on the end. Maybee them 2 had undone your D-shackle?????????? :P

Cheers Pm

Zulu_1
26-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Seen the fish on fb mate nice fish. I will have to get up that way for a fish one day looks real good8-)
Cheers Brett

mangomick
26-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Bugger........
My young bloke had the same thing happen up at Rundle island one night. Hes bloody lucky the didnt end up on the rocks. They were all having a camp at the time. Now anchor doesnt go over the side unless shackles are cable tied.
It was only a pick anchor but stem was filled with lead.
Waiting for the pics.Bet there wasnt much room in the carpark down there australia Day week-end.
Were you in Fitzroy lagoon or Lady M?

Dogdoctor
27-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Have you been happy with the SACRA anchor to date - forget about the loss - Will you get another one or something else?

nautical prince
27-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Have you been happy with the SACRA anchor to date - forget about the loss - Will you get another one or something else?
Yeah mate they are a bloody good anchor but a bit to heavily priced for what they are i dont think i will get another one though

nautical prince
27-01-2009, 05:27 PM
it was a bit busy out there but not to bad

nautical prince
27-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Sounds good mate.

We were camping in the lagoon over the Saturday night and on sunday morning we pulled the pick with 2 spanner crabs on the end. Maybee them 2 had undone your D-shackle?????????? :P

Cheers Pm
yeah the little bugers your probably right there might be a free anchor for someone keen for a dive around the westen end of fitzroy

Dean1
28-01-2009, 08:16 AM
Great trip a shame about the sarca i know the feeling i lost one myself last year. I now use a tripped plough or mooloolaba star their alot cheaper and work just as good if not better. Hey did ou sort out that motor drama?? Wasnt that you that had one pulling your kc down to one side?? Deano.

nautical prince
28-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Great trip a shame about the sarca i know the feeling i lost one myself last year. I now use a tripped plough or mooloolaba star their alot cheaper and work just as good if not better. Hey did ou sort out that motor drama?? Wasnt that you that had one pulling your kc down to one side?? Deano.
yeah i re proped the boat with 17 degree props made a differance not as bad but getiing on the plane with weight on board is a little longer than before. Do you know a mate of mine Peppie he owns Alexanda the big Plate boat ?

Dean1
28-01-2009, 08:35 PM
yeah i re proped the boat with 17 degree props made a differance not as bad but getiing on the plane with weight on board is a little longer than before. Do you know a mate of mine Peppie he owns Alexanda the big Plate boat ? Yeah mate i met Peppi about 6 months ago out at his place and checked out alexanda. I met Barry and Frank the fishing machine as well, all great fellas. I took Frank out to the hards a month ago unfortunatly things were slow but i know how he got his name ;D Where bouts do you live??

nautical prince
29-01-2009, 07:33 PM
out at ipswich at the moment moving to sunny coast soon though. Planing a trip to 1770 on the 26.02.09 thats the Fri through to the sunday got a few boats headin up i am trying to talk Peppi around as well ya should think about comin up?

Dean1
29-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah mate ill keep it in mind for sure. Im towing my boat up to 1770 next week for a sneaky trip. Got some work to do on my property up there so why not slip in a trip ;) Im thinking i mite leave my boat up there so see what happens. Tell Peppi I said g'day and he needs to get his boat wet again. I launch at baffle creek much easier for me. Cheers keep in touch, Deano.