PDA

View Full Version : 1770 australia day

kitty_cat
26-01-2009, 07:05 PM
quick trip to agnes for australia day weekend ended up in great weather and a good feed
we left friday night and fished for 2 days in some great conditions

we mainly fished the shallows off lamount and fitzroy and peiced together a nice feed over the 2 days

red went 8kgs (als fish)
trout was 5.3 kgs( jays pb)

wayne

Benno1
26-01-2009, 07:22 PM
well decent feed Wayne...nice one mate...cracker of a trout!!!...livies???...fresh strip bait???...was that the only red???...what gear did you use???...was there many boats out your way over the weekend???...we went to the sunny coast and i lost track of all the over 6 meter boats that were passing us...(we nearly turned around :P )
Cheers for the piccies :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

skipalong
26-01-2009, 07:37 PM
awesome hual wayne great quality amungst them

cheers justin

frankgrimes
26-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Bloody oath nice feed! Nice work mate.

Mick

Plastic_Magic
26-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Well done mate great catch.

Cheers PM

vertico
26-01-2009, 11:32 PM
kind of makes me wish i went up for the 3 - 4 days i had off pitty the crew let me down once again.....
sean

backlash08
27-01-2009, 04:51 AM
quality, should ahve been there
cheers - Craig

jtpython
27-01-2009, 06:18 AM
Incredible trip defienalety a well earned mixed bag
Some nice lippers too
Got to be happy with the trout and top red
JT

aerordauto
27-01-2009, 06:26 AM
nice catch there and the right kind too.
what size of cat is yours.

kitty_cat
27-01-2009, 06:46 AM
hey sunny
the bait was mainly strip baits fresh squid and mullet due to leaving round hill in the middle of the night no opertunity to get livies from usual spot in close but iam sure ykas would of increased our trout catch
we use heavy gear for the deep water fishing but current was running hard thats why we fished the shallows first time for us we usually consintrate on the deeper water(150-200 pd leaders 50-80 pd main lines)
there was a few reds and and i think 5-6 trout (1 used for bait as left in blood bin overnight and didnt smell to good in the morning)

not as many boats as i thought there would be but a few

sean definatly should off come up weather was perfect.

aerordauto it is a 1900 kevlacat twin 90 hp suzukis

bdaearth
27-01-2009, 10:23 AM
We were also up at 1770 on the weekend but we went out on saturday morning and come back in on sunday morning. We got a nice mixed bag too not as much as you guys but not to bad. Dean and I done almost a all nighter chasing the reds but were getting smashed 120lb leader was not enough to stop them. The rest of our catch suffered because of red chase but we had fun and learnt a lot !!!. I know what you mean about the weather it was awsome cant wait to head back up!!

Dogdoctor
27-01-2009, 10:26 AM
I am going to 1770 in June for two weeks and intend to fish Fitzroy and Hoskins area - Stay in lagoon at night. Friends have suggested fishing up to 4 klms east of Fitzroy to get good fish. Whats your thoughts comments. We use similar terminal tackle near coral areas <deeper water(150-200 pd leaders 50-80 pd main lines)> but use braid in the deeper water/albright to leader - up to 5 metres of leader for a dropper rig.
Your thoughts on the deeper water areas and the anchorage would be appreciated.

Dean1
27-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Hey Wayne nice haul mate. Ye wasnt the conditions awsome I was up there with bdearth and didnt want to head back in on the sunday.

How are the new motors going?? Have you got fuel usage figures yet? Cheers mate. Deano.

solaris
27-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Hi Wayne,

Was also up their on the weekend, and I think I seen you on Saturday morning heading out of Fitzroy, you got a great haul of fish, we concentrated on the reds out wide with the currant for most of Saturday for two, we picked up a nice 8Kg red on the way home that made the trip.

Craig

mangomick
27-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Good onya mate. some really nice colour
Shes good country out that way. I've definately gotta give this work away though.
I havent had days off and weather line up for a trip out there since early November :'( :'(

snappa
28-01-2009, 12:07 AM
well well well

getting a bit of practise in ... are we !!!!!!!!

you must be hurting...lol

kitty_cat
28-01-2009, 07:17 AM
hey pete
there will be a bit of practice at agnes this year i think

Chong
28-01-2009, 02:45 PM
kind of makes me wish i went up for the 3 - 4 days i had off pitty the crew let me down once again.....
sean
Sean,I was up there also, but no big rig, just the tinnie::) ever need a crew let me know.

Wayne, great catch. we watched all you guys come in sat and sunday while we ate prawns and drank rum:-/ .

Weather was spot on, some very nice feeds there8-)
Cheers,
Chong