PDA

View Full Version : Floor Replacement

Bad_Bazza
26-01-2009, 01:03 PM
I know this may not be the right place for this but I am going to try anyway.
I am looking for a supplier of Allycore.
I am hoping someone else out there in the freshwater scene has been there before me.
I want to replace the floor on my boat and have been trying to locate a supplier in Queensland or Australia.
Has anyone been able to locate a supplier here in Australia? I have been running around the net and all I seem to find is a brick wall.

I know it is expensive but I want to get more detail on the product.

I know there are other alternatives out there but at this stage am not interested so if anyone has details of an Allycore supplier please help!

Bad_Bazza

catch_n_cod
26-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Bazza,

Got mine through "One Steel" as far as I could understand they were the suppliers that most steel places get it from. It is dearer and a bit harder to work with than timber but is strong, light and doesn't warp. Let me know if you need more info.

Cheers; Todd.

FNQCairns
26-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Does it rot?

catch_n_cod
27-01-2009, 12:16 AM
Its aluminium so it should last.

Cheers; Todd

Bad_Bazza
28-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the info Todd. I did have a hunt through the One Steel site but obviously looking in the wrong places. I will go visit my nearest One Steel and get the additional info I want

Bad_Bazza

FNQCairns
28-01-2009, 08:36 AM
I had a hunt through there also, having trouble picturing the stuff, need something light but no maintenance to floor a front deck with.

cheers fnq

Mike Delisser
28-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Does it rot?
I like that ;D

FNQCairns
28-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I like that ;D

Yeah I know...silly:-[ but it's a core, of what:-/

cheers fnq

aussiebasser
29-01-2009, 07:49 AM
It's two sheets of thin alloy with an alloy honeycomb keeping them about 10mm apart. For extensive salt water use, I'd seal the ends.