PDA

View Full Version : 50+ Boats @ Mermaid yesterday

two dogs
22-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Enough said?

managed a spanish and a few spots and some good maori cod... my feeling is the results was kinda boarderline being worth the battle with the crowds

two dogs
22-01-2009, 12:08 PM
south african visitor with his first fish from australian waters

dreemon
22-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Yea !! I was driving up the esplanade to have a look at the surf on the way to work and couldn't believe how many boats were out there !!:o water looked great ! ya got a good feed out of it so definetly worth it,

RAGINGBULL
22-01-2009, 02:24 PM
I also put a South African visitor onto his first fish Last week Thursday actually :: Spanish and Mackeral off palmy in 30knot NNW

Screamin Semen
22-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Well done mate!

Were you floating pillies or trolling?

Thinking about giving it a go in the morning. I wonder how they went this morning?

Screamin Semen

two dogs
22-01-2009, 02:37 PM
floating pillies, one on plastic, spanish was on the bottom

rubba
22-01-2009, 03:08 PM
nothing like getting on to the fish then next thing you have people right next to you enough said :(

business class
22-01-2009, 04:04 PM
I also put a South African visitor onto his first fish Last week Thursday actually :: Spanish and Mackeral off palmy in 30knot NNW

:D :D :D I was out there last Thursday and if it was 30knot NNW:o there has to be 2 palm Beach Reefs:-/ as it was a perfect morning at the one i was at .........

Matty

business class
22-01-2009, 04:11 PM
nothing like getting on to the fish then next thing you have people right next to you enough said :(

Couldn't agree with you more!!!!!!!!!!

Look out Mackrel there will be 5000 boats chasing you toothy cridders tommorrow:P .
I am actually happy i have to work tommorrow, as it was bad enough last week when they turned on, there was only around 15 out there and we had lures landing 4 foot from the boat :o emagine what tommorrow will be like:'( :'( :'( .
make sure you wear armour fellars;) :P

Cheers
Matty

Willo
22-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Yeh Matty
One of those lures landing 4 ft from your boat wasn't attached to a eden craft with a Honda on the back LOL:D :)
Willo

skipalong
22-01-2009, 07:31 PM
wheres that secret spot cant find it? good effort on the fish mate

cheers justin

JB
23-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Yeh Matty
One of those lures landing 4 ft from your boat wasn't attached to a eden craft with a Honda on the back LOL:D :)
Willo

LOL Willo, Gazz aint got any lures left after having me on board :P

frankgrimes
23-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Couldn't agree with you more!!!!!!!!!!

Look out Mackrel there will be 5000 boats chasing you toothy cridders tommorrow:P .
I am actually happy i have to work tommorrow, as it was bad enough last week when they turned on, there was only around 15 out there and we had lures landing 4 foot from the boat :o emagine what tommorrow will be like:'( :'( :'( .
make sure you wear armour fellars;) :P

Cheers
Matty

50+ boats @ Mermaid this morning - Heard there was very little action though.

Mick

Spaniard_King
23-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Yeh Mick,

Very Little caught.. herd the action was more to the south of there :)

frankgrimes
23-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Yeh Mick,

Very Little caught.. herd the action was more to the south of there :)

hehe.....seems to be the pattern ;)

You get out there this morning Garry?

business class
23-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Yeh Matty
Willo

No it actually wasn't lol, he was being stuburn ;) . i even called him when they turned on but he persisted in towing:P . so that will learn him;D . or maybe it could of been because it was blowing 30+ knots and he couldn't hear me lol :D :D ..

Matty

business class
23-01-2009, 10:41 AM
50+ boats @ Mermaid this morning - Heard there was very little action though.

Mick

Yeah you hurd right mate! a few of the boys went out this morning, including my old fellar and said it was very quite did'nt even see a rod bend except for the little slimies he fluked on the bait jib.....:( . Its good too because i had to work:P . I think they have now moved on..................

PS. JB... Yeah i hurd how dear you are to take in the boat, i said to Gaz to get shares in the Lure company to help support you bad habbit LOL:P ;D .....

two dogs
23-01-2009, 11:56 AM
yeah you're right, theres nothing there, moved on for sure

Spaniard_King
23-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Was Just talkin to a mate who was up in the Bay this morning, the spotties were thick at the sand hills. may have to head up there in the morning.

two dogs
23-01-2009, 12:07 PM
On a side note...how do you go about using plastics when casting at a school of busting fish, does the jig weight matter so much as when fishing the bottom and do you just crank it back like a mad man or still fish them slowly...the fish i got on the plastic came about by just copying what i thought a pro was doing out there and it wasnt cast at a visible school

twobobs
23-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Out on Mermaid aswell this morning, mate who took his arm out of a sling to fish landed one spotty and lost another, saw another couple landed and that was about it.
Wasn`t any of you guys comenting on my bacon and eggs that you thought I had for breakfast ,to set the record straight I had weet-bix.:)