PDA

View Full Version : Somerset bound

Luc
21-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Hi all,

Fishing Somerset tommorow launching at Kirleigh.;D

Looking for any news from recent trips.:)

Thanks

Luc

flatzie
21-01-2009, 07:25 PM
I went for a drive up there a few days ago to do a reccy. Talked to afew people in camps with fishing boats, some who looked like they knew what they were doing. Apparent;y is been very quiet with the heat etc. People are finding fish on the sounder but hard to get them feeding. A few yellowbelly caught.
But hey Ive been fishing heaps of times when people say its dead, and yet if you know what you are up to you will nail em.
Cheers
Flatzie

jesse148
22-01-2009, 05:58 AM
I'm thinkin of headin there sat morn so be good to hear how you go mate.......

Luc
22-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Flatzie, thanks for the heads up.

Ended up not going.

Must have eaten something last night that didn't agree with me and passed the time in the little room!!

Will try mid next week.

Luc

RayB
23-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Luc,

The fishing has been quite good lately and I have managed to catch some fish on my recent outings but I have also heard some hard luck stories at the ramp. If you are launching from Kirkleigh then you might like to try amongst the sticks near the ramp, either trolling, casting or bait.

cheers
Raymond

Luc
23-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Thanks RayB.

I usually try the 'sticks' north of Kirkleigh and then proceed downstream via Queen St etc...

I'm hoping to stay on the water untill around 8pm to see if anything has a go at the garfish that hang in the shallow flats.

Luc