PDA

View Full Version : National Maritime Safety Committee/ boat safety

BOMBIE
20-01-2009, 09:15 PM
:-X >:( For those who are interested on how our boats are built/ constructed and LAWS overseeing this process check out www.nmsc.gov.au/yoursay (http://www.nmsc.gov.au/yoursay) ps tell if you know ANYONE who knew this site existed :o PS ..STILL FIGHTING THE puttogeathers BOMBIE

Rod Fishing
20-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Mate the link doesnt work.......

mod5
20-01-2009, 09:38 PM
http://www.nmsc.gov.au/yoursay_2.html

cbs
20-01-2009, 11:08 PM
The NMSC is not a secret. Anybody who is in the commercial marine industry should know about it. Very little of what they do applies to rec craft, with most effort to the commercial side (ie survey) of things.

They are however managing to turn small relatively simple (abeit with some problems) standards into enormous piles of paper in the process in turn giving people like me headaches :(

PinHead
21-01-2009, 04:43 AM
a standard is not law..no one has to manufacture according to that standard until a Govt legislates that way. It would be good to have a legislated standard for rec boat building in this country..that way the consumer is aware that the basic build is of a decent quality

Mindi
21-01-2009, 06:10 AM
a standard is not law..no one has to manufacture according to that standard until a Govt legislates that way. It would be good to have a legislated standard for rec boat building in this country..that way the consumer is aware that the basic build is of a decent quality
That would do something about the hull cracking horror stories we read here. What a shame we only saw the standard 3 days after comment closed..?

zigfreed
21-01-2009, 08:22 AM
I knew this site existed but not the have your say section. I am taking part in a two year survey for boating safety.

Basically you log on their website and provide details of all trips you go on out to sea whether it be in your own boat or someone elses. What i think they are trying to do is gather statistics on the percentage of accidents that happen v's total boats on the water. I think it was generated from a period in the last two years where there was high fatalities on the water over a short period of time on the east coast.

I suppose at the end of it all the handbrake will get pulled on by the government i.e new boating laws.

Mick

BOMBIE
24-01-2009, 10:00 PM
zigfreed ,laws arec not worth nothing when it still means that anyone one can build anything and mum,dad,& kids can go out in " it" and the put togethers answer to NOONE ,, still not right !!