PDA

View Full Version : Cooparoo Marine/bluefin

hoodunnit
20-01-2009, 01:07 PM
I,d Like To Put Out A Big Thank You To Blue Fin Boats And Theo At Cooparoo Marine.i Ordered A 4m Outlaw In September From Another Dealer At A Price That Seemed To Good To Be True,told Me It Would Be 8 Weeks Away. I Rang Up 7 Weeks Later.... Phone Disconnected....i Went And Saw Bluefin And Found That The Boat And Motor Hadnt Even Been Ordered.the Manager At Bluefin Rang Around His Dealers And Cooparoo Marine Matched My Original Price And Got Me The Boat By Christmas. So Thanks Guys For The Terrific Service .

mickyr
20-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Who was the original dealer ?

CreelReaper
20-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Congratz mate on the "outlaw". Great little tinnie. What are you powering it with?? I have a 30 yammie on mine and she goes really good. I probably got mine from the same place you originally ordered yours from early last year. It was a shame to see them fold.
Well done also to Coopooroo marine for coming to the party.

Shane

sleepygreg
20-01-2009, 11:31 PM
The more I hear about these guys from Cooparoo Marine, and Bluefin Boats, and their exceptional service and after sales service, the more inclined I am to not even bother shopping around, and just take the drive from Scarborough to the south side to buy my next boat.

Well done Theo and Bluefin Boats.....this is the type of service that keeps a business afloat (pun intended) in tough times.

Cheers
Greg

Mindi
21-01-2009, 06:50 AM
The more I hear about these guys from Cooparoo Marine, and Bluefin Boats, and their exceptional service and after sales service, the more inclined I am to not even bother shopping around, and just take the drive from Scarborough to the south side to buy my next boat.

Well done Theo and Bluefin Boats.....this is the type of service that keeps a business afloat (pun intended) in tough times.

Cheers
Greg

Yep...I went to Bluefin factory last year and they got a boat out of high storage to show me, showed me their construction (manager) talked about warranty and claimed that he had just repaired a 5 yr old Viking for a guy who had used it commercially and they still fixed some damage. Basically they were impressive..and they have never featured in the hull cracking stories on here that I have seen anyway.

hoodunnit
21-01-2009, 12:34 PM
I,ve got a Mercury 30 pull start on it Shane,Ijust wanted a basic tinny.I got a bimini put on it and spray chines i will put a sounder and some lights on it soon.

CreelReaper
21-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Awesome mate, you are gunna love it. Where abouts are you looking to catch a few??

Poseidon
21-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Great boats them Bluefin, good choice.

Great to see Theo is still associated with Bluefin Boats. I bought mine from him a few years back and he was a pleasure to deal with.

hoodunnit
22-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Caboolture River/Burpengary Creek.

woodsy76
22-01-2009, 04:50 PM
mate theo is one of the best blokes i have ever dealt with. i bought a tomcat off him years ago no dramas, good to see he is still with bluefin

Scalem
22-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Yep, I know 1st hand that Theo and Bluefin really roll out the red carpet for any of their customers. They recently did some follow up work for someone I know REALLY well, and without needing to go into specifics, when you look up the meaning of the word "service" in the dictionary, their names are now in the description.

Well done!!

Scalem

PinHead
22-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Yep...I went to Bluefin factory last year and they got a boat out of high storage to show me, showed me their construction (manager) talked about warranty and claimed that he had just repaired a 5 yr old Viking for a guy who had used it commercially and they still fixed some damage. Basically they were impressive..and they have never featured in the hull cracking stories on here that I have seen anyway.

I have seen reference to one of their boats that has cracked not once but twice..would be treating them with caution same as the Q mob.

sleepygreg
23-01-2009, 01:55 AM
I guess you never have to do any warranty work on your installations Pinhead?

I also happen to know about the boat that cracked twice, and i know the owner, and he was more than happy with the service. the service is the issue here, and the recognition of rectifying a potential design flaw, which unfortunately is not how many high volume manufacturers would treat it....after exhausting all plausible and many implausible excuses they pass it off as a 'friday' boat, or 'one that got past QC'. These guys seem to genuinely care about the people that buy their boats.

Greg

hoodunnit
23-01-2009, 03:35 AM
Pinhead, Ive also got a "Q" boat, had it for six years and never had a crack in it. I do overnighters to the Hards and Barwon Banks and couldn,t be happier with it. Hope my Bluefin is as reliable.

PinHead
23-01-2009, 04:56 AM
I guess you never have to do any warranty work on your installations Pinhead?

I also happen to know about the boat that cracked twice, and i know the owner, and he was more than happy with the service. the service is the issue here, and the recognition of rectifying a potential design flaw, which unfortunately is not how many high volume manufacturers would treat it....after exhausting all plausible and many implausible excuses they pass it off as a 'friday' boat, or 'one that got past QC'. These guys seem to genuinely care about the people that buy their boats.

Greg

yes I do and everyone does in most businesses does BUT, my work does not carry people on water. I am aware that boat was repaired to the owner's satisfaction. Shouldn't the problem have been resolved in their in house QC? Amazing how most want to kick the guts out of the Q mob for cracks yet when someone else has the same problem it is a different story.
My point is..there is evidence on here that a BF boat has cracked so for anyone buying one beware of that.

BARRA73
23-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Gents, I heard and seen that most brand of aluminium boats will crack eventually due to time and the pressure they are put under e.g. running into rocks, sandbars, being towed over hard roads on improperly setup trailers and such things. Aluminium does have a tendency to stretch and will crack at the weakest point which is normally the weld. Any aluminium boat can and will crack due to different circumstances, and by the way I own a bluefin wildcat and am very happy with it.

Cheers,
CLARKY

Mindi
23-01-2009, 04:45 PM
yes I do and everyone does in most businesses does BUT, my work does not carry people on water. I am aware that boat was repaired to the owner's satisfaction. Shouldn't the problem have been resolved in their in house QC? Amazing how most want to kick the guts out of the Q mob for cracks yet when someone else has the same problem it is a different story.
My point is..there is evidence on here that a BF boat has cracked so for anyone buying one beware of that.

Yeah sure Pinhead and when you allow the volume of Telwater's boats their failure rate may be quite small...maybe even lower than Bluefin or many others. I think the legitimate concern is their reported response to the customers who have had problems more than the statistical percentage of failure which frankly, nobody here would know..? It doesnt take many customers to be given the cold shoulder by a manufacturer to trash their reputation.

Poodroo
23-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Well I happen to know that person who has the Blue Fin boat that has had two cracked welds as well but here are some facts. That boat was 1 of 6800 boats built by Blue Fin in Australia alone and to date is the only example in Australia that has had this issue. Do the maths if you will but that is a very low failure rate by anyone's terms and hardly a reason to "Beware" of the brand as some have stated. The end result was the welds were not only repaired perfectly, but also welded inside as well as outside making the welds stronger than standard out of the factory. Once re-welded the entire front section was fitted out with extra ribbing making it even stronger than previous production models. Anyone planning on buying a new model Blue Fin can take extra comfort in knowing that all new models will now be fitted out with the extra ribbing and re-enforcing as a result of this one example that ended up coming back to them. Now I have to ask how many boat manufacturers would be willing to not only provide such great backup service and then completely redesign something based on one boat that had issues? Not many if any. Highly recommend Coorparoo Marine and Blue Fin boats to anyone.

Regards,

Poodroo

PinHead
24-01-2009, 05:32 AM
Yeah sure Pinhead and when you allow the volume of Telwater's boats their failure rate may be quite small...maybe even lower than Bluefin or many others. I think the legitimate concern is their reported response to the customers who have had problems more than the statistical percentage of failure which frankly, nobody here would know..? It doesnt take many customers to be given the cold shoulder by a manufacturer to trash their reputation.

Mindi..you posted the following "Basically they were impressive..and they have never featured in the hull cracking stories on here that I have seen anyway."

I merely made a point that there had been a report about one of their boats cracking...I have no idea about what % of boats Telwater and Bluefin have warranty problems over nor do I really care.
We know you know the owner well Poodroo..seeing it is you and I will give you credit..you have the patience of Job..you waited so long for the delivery of the boat then 2 cracked welds in what? just over 12 months..I would have been asking for a replacement boat.
I do know of another BF split..the owner is not an AF member..poor bugger had a stacer that had a split then bought a BF...also from Mr T's. He paid to have it repaired somewhere here in Brisbane. Not the same model as yours Poodroo.

The main thing is...as long as the owners of the boats are happy then that is all that matters..I even knew a bloke that had a Leyland P76 and loved it.

Poseidon
24-01-2009, 07:21 AM

So Pinhead, you are happy to admit that your business also has warranty work required from time to time yet you seem to have an issue with a boat builder with the same responsibilities ONLY because he builds something different to you that carries people on water. I guess that your Utopia would have suppliers of Aircraft, Motorcars and Outboard Motors put to the stake if they, just like yourself, had warranty issues ONLY because their specialty lies in a more challenging environment than your own.

I even bet that boat of yours came with some sort of warranty implied ?

I would imagine that anyone who purchases anything these days considers the after sales service, warranty etc just as importantly as the creature comforts of their boat., I know that I did.

And if an issue arises then it is comforting to know that there are businesses out there like BlueFin Boats, PinHead Enterprises, Boeing, Mercedes Benz etc, that are more than prepared to make good any claims during their warranty period, which is what it all boils down to - Some manufacturers / suppliers are re-known for excellent warranty service whilst others are market leaders at dodging responsibility for shoddy workmanship.

Regards Cameron.

PinHead
24-01-2009, 07:28 AM
So Pinhead, you are happy to admit that your business also has warranty work required from time to time yet you seem to have an issue with a boat builder with the same responsibilities ONLY because he builds something different to you that carries people on water. I guess that your Utopia would have suppliers of Aircraft, Motorcars and Outboard Motors put to the stake if they, just like yourself, had warranty issues ONLY because their specialty lies in a more challenging environment than your own.

I even bet that boat of yours came with some sort of warranty implied ?

I would imagine that anyone who purchases anything these days considers the after sales service, warranty etc just as importantly as the creature comforts of their boat., I know that I did.

And if an issue arises then it is comforting to know that there are businesses out there like BlueFin Boats, PinHead Enterprises, Boeing, Mercedes Benz etc, that are more than prepared to make good any claims during their warranty period, which is what it all boils down to - Some manufacturers / suppliers are re-known for excellent warranty service whilst others are market leaders at dodging responsibility for shoddy workmanship.

Regards Cameron.

what are you on about??? Mindi posted that he had not seen any posts regarding BF boats having a split..I only pointed out that there was one...quite simple isn't it ???
What that has to do with my business is totally irrelevant.
Then I said something about being careful in buying one of those or a Q..perhaps I should have said be careful about buying any alloy as any weld can potentially crack...talk about going off the deep end over nothing.

Mindi
24-01-2009, 09:37 AM
I have seen reference to one of their boats that has cracked not once but twice..would be treating them with caution same as the Q mob.

Fair enough Pinhead I stand corrected...dont remember that one, just lots of whinges about Telwater and Stessco mainly. Still I maintain that an occasional structural failure is not good, but the worst thing is manufacturer walking away from it as customers posting here have claimed in the past.

Grumpah
25-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Just want to endorse the comments about Theo and his service. When I was struggling to choose between the Bluefin and the Mako - Theo was just brilliant. I was really sad that I couldn't buy from him but it was personal choice to go with the Mako. Pacific Marine Centre have also been fantastic with their service and, like Theo, have gone the extra several miles. Isn't it great in this day and age to be able to point to two exceptional outlets with amazing customer service. Well done guys!;D ;D

BOMBIE
28-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Fair enough Pinhead I stand corrected...dont remember that one, just lots of whinges about Telwater and Stessco mainly. Still I maintain that an occasional structural failure is not good, but the worst thing is manufacturer walking away from it as customers posting here have claimed in the past.
so why after all those negitive post we keep buying these THINGS ????:'(