PDA

View Full Version : Worth it to take boat to Bjelke-Peterson?

sprat
19-01-2009, 07:57 PM
I hear dam is only at around 8% capacity.

I have a 4.8m Galeforce. Should I take it or just fish from the bank?

Anything being caught? Any lure / bait preferences?

Any help would be great. I've never been there.

dinodadog
19-01-2009, 08:01 PM
According to the sunday paper each week they are catching plenty casting to the banks with s/baits and jackals

warrior
19-01-2009, 08:03 PM
mate i was talking to matty mott a few weeks ago and he said the dam had been fishing really well ,on all lures your galeforce should be ok there is still a bit of depth in the main basin cheers AL

kevin jackson
20-01-2009, 09:53 AM
was there on sunday and got 2 bass could not crack a pattern, was overcast and very windy, could see a lot of fish in the old creek bed but could not tempt them, the couple came from the shallow banks on mira vibs and jackalls. got a couple of hit on s/baits but none to the boat.

joshcarty
20-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Still a bit of depth towards the wall end of the dam and about three or four k up the dam but after that gets decievingly shallow in some spots. Fishing well lately. I have been having a bit of luck on the viper v bass 12 ft hardbodies, purple and green spinnerbaits, and cotton cordell rattle spots. Also good fish on bait along some of the deeper banks. Biggest lately was a 51cm yellowbelly and always consistently get bass trolling around the banks. Cheers

sprat
21-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks chaps - some great info there.