PDA

View Full Version : TABS Boats

sottydog
18-01-2009, 07:45 PM
HI

Just after some opinions (good or bad) about the TABS boats in the 4-6m range. Looking at a bay boat (and prefer contre console) but some ideas on people who have experienced the ride, comfort, fishability etc of these boats. Also if not this particular make and model what would others recommend for an estuary/bay/occasianal outside (with right conditions).

Thanks
Scott
________
Medical marijuana dispensary (http://www.youtube.com/dispensaries)

lethal098
18-01-2009, 07:47 PM
scott, i know the sales manager and been through the factory and was close to buying a 6m ocean series a few years ago until a few things went sour. very strong boats and very well finished. give em a call and i am sure they would be happy to take you for a walk through. cheers lethal

Mindi
18-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Scott I havent been in one but have done as much dry research as I can..reckon TABS Bboats are really really top units, just a bit too expensive in my opinion. Absolutely love the boats though...if you can afford one I doubt you would be disappointed.

tin can marlin
18-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi Scott A freind of mine has got one a territory pro and i must say it is a great rideing boat and very well built he got his from Kratzmans marine at burpengary they seem to look after him ok worth a phone call to see what stock they have i would be also ringing stones corner marine to talk to them about the bar crusher range they have got a great name as well. And last but not least you should be looking at the fisher range if they re open be a bit more money but col really knows how to put a boat together. Regards Mark

samson
19-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Strong boats can't kill mine fish mine offshore around 250 days a year all weather and swell its bloody industructable so far toughest plate boat i've owned, i just have to keep replacing motors to keep up with it.

business class
19-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Strong boats can't kill mine fish mine offshore around 250 days a year all weather and swell its bloody industructable so far toughest plate boat i've owned, i just have to keep replacing motors to keep up with it.

I will have to change your thoughts on this for ya mate;) just give me a call when your ready. Also the only reason you keep changeing engines is because you keep picking the S##T smokey ones.;D ;) :P

Cheers
Matty

Mindi
19-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Amazing coincidence.... while reading this thread Monday arvo the phone rings...and a voice says.."Hi John it is xxxx from TABS boats (spooky..?)...you sent us an email last Sept enquiring about our boats and my job is to follow up and see how you found the buying experience..? (I didnt unfortunately) ...after four months...that is scary coincidence I reckon. Good customer relationship management though huh..? must have another look at them.

siegfried
19-01-2009, 01:54 PM
2 things immediately spring to mind ..Overpriced and hard riding , be sure to test one in poxy conditions before you commit, they are well finished however.

backlash08
19-01-2009, 02:20 PM

wow, thats a lot of fishing! must get some ordinary weather in all that
cheers - Craig

business class
19-01-2009, 02:36 PM
wow, thats a lot of fishing! must get some ordinary weather in all that
cheers - Craig
The funny thing is Samson is actually not lieing:o . he is one of the only pro's that could actually cal him self a pro, as he fishes in all conditions and for all fish, Fishes twice a day every day, nearlly with out fail. He just needs to be in a bigger boat;) ;)

Cheers
Matty

GAD
19-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Got a 5m bowrider, 99% of its use is fishing , go out to the reef all the time , tough as , can be a bit rough if huey stirs it up , but I have never felt unsafe in her yet . But my mates 5.3m halfcab TABS rides better in the slop but his is a different hull shape .

Greg

bigjimg
19-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Mate if the Signature didn't show up it would have been the 580 ocean series.They are well built and like most plate boat will bang here and there.But you can treat them like sh5t and they will forgive you, not like glass only takes one misjudged lineup on the trailer.Ouch.Jim

sottydog
19-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Amazing coincidence.... while reading this thread Monday arvo the phone rings...and a voice says.."Hi John it is xxxx from TABS boats (spooky..?)...you sent us an email last Sept enquiring about our boats and my job is to follow up and see how you found the buying experience..? (I didnt unfortunately) ...after four months...that is scary coincidence I reckon. Good customer relationship management though huh..? must have another look at them.

Scary, maybe a sign?
________
Vaporite solo (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/vaporite-solo)

julian1
19-01-2009, 08:37 PM
i have a mate with a 6m big beamy and stable, but hard riding in any sea head on and i mean hard, my other mates 560 BC is much softer but not as stable, but i know which one i would rather travel in

sottydog
20-01-2009, 09:05 PM
How do these boats compare to a centre console quintrex i.e. legend in simliar size?

Cheers
________
Iolite (http://vaporizer.org/portable)

Mindi
20-01-2009, 10:30 PM
How do these boats compare to a centre console quintrex i.e. legend in simliar size?

Cheers

well where to start.... one is a plate boat ( in most peoples view) with a reputation for toughness and quality and one is a pressed boat with a reputation you can research for yourself on here.

Red60
21-01-2009, 06:43 AM
Hi Scott,

I have got a 435 Tabs Territory with a tiller 60 Merc EFI. It's the baby of the early series that is no longer in production. I have to say I am very happy with it. Certainly a lot heavier than pressed tinnies the same size, however that weight comes into good affect when the water get's a bit rough. Tends to cut through the water better than say a 430 Dory. Stability is on par with most deep vee boats, ofcourse it is not as stable at rest as something like a hornet or edgetracker. Others I know that have one are very happy with their boats.

http://cid-16bce3ee8118df2f.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.res/16bce3ee8118df2f!164?ct=photos