PDA

View Full Version : Playful Dolphins

jtpython
18-01-2009, 05:58 PM
I have been fishing a very long time now and over the last couple months i haven't seen so many dolphins coming right up to our boat frolicking beside us and swimming right up and around while at anchor as we have......... Even to the point of using their tails and waving them in the air in a strange manner. Now i don't know if this is common or not but they have been doing it alot of late in the trips we have been doing.
I have some good film footage on the video camera i'll upload once i get a chance
Wondering if there is any other cases of late
JT

mik01
18-01-2009, 08:12 PM
i got an email from down south with some footage of a dolphin dragging a tinny around by the anchor rope.
duno if it really happened to them or was dragged of utube and passed off as theirs.

would have been amazing to have been there!

don't think I can upload it as its 2mb - how can I share it?

jtpython
18-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Copy the link to it on your reply here mate
JT

Fishbait
18-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Maybe they've found some other reefs holding more fish. Is this why you want to know where there gone too.;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

jtpython
18-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Maybe they've found some other reefs holding more fish. Is this why you want to know where there gone too.;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
:-/ LOL No i wish thats what they'd do
Once i load this footage up one of the larger dolphins have a very pronounced shark bite around his dorsal fin into the body.
Just interesting stuff::)

brute898
19-01-2009, 09:16 AM
I have been fishing in the Barwon River in Victoria and there is a dolphin in there that swims right up beside the boat and just follows the boat. The other day there was a few blokes that was doing circles around it and yelling at it. The person was later stopped at the boat ramp and the police was dealing with him. There was a write up in the Geelong Advertiser and I think the man was going to be getting charged.
Their was a family of dolphins in the river and this dolphin that is still in there is a teenager they are saying. The dolphins family left but this dolphin is scared to go back under the bridge so it is still staying in here.

Jeremy87
19-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Been seeing heaps of dolphins lately. Both inshore and offshore. Harries has had alot of dolphins scavenging the throw backs and they seem to have recently calved as well.

honda900
19-01-2009, 11:49 AM
As Jeremy said, over the last few years, I have noticed in moreton bay particularly around harry atkinson reef that it easy to tell which boat is catching fish, as the dolphins hang around the boat waiting for the throwbacks.

I feel a little sorry for the poor throwbacks as soon as they hit the water the dolphin smash them :o . we have even taken to trying to chuck them over the other side but doesnt seem to fool the dolphins.

Regards
Honda.

mik01
19-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Copy the link to it on your reply here mate
JT

sorry - its on my pc not on the web

jtpython
19-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Have you got photobucket ?
jt

mik01
19-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Have you got photobucket ?
jt

hows this?

http://s581.photobucket.com/albums/ss253/registerme/?action=view&current=MOV00017.flv

jtpython
20-01-2009, 06:27 AM
Thanks for that
Cheers JT