PDA

View Full Version : Insurance claim timeframe?

Chamelion
17-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Hi all,

I submitted a claim last Tuesday for damage to my boat. I was wondering what the usually accepted timeframe is before one tends to find out if insurance will pay up or not.

Would I be out of line to call them first thing monday and 'hassle' them for an answer?

Cheers :)

Matt.

Spaniard_King
17-01-2009, 06:39 PM
I recon they will let you know within 2 weeks..

finga
17-01-2009, 06:41 PM
I have to send claim forms to my insurance every month and it takes a week from sending to when it arrives on someones desk so allow a bit longer then that.

Spaniard_King
17-01-2009, 06:49 PM
ZForgot to Add, they may want to inspect the damage, which the assesor wil generally let you know to get it repaired or not..if its an older boat it may be drawn out a bit more

TimiBoy
17-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Mate,

Ring them and ask if they have received your claim. It's a useful way to ask without asking. They should give you a claim number, and you can ask them how much time it should take.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers,

Tim

Chamelion
17-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Cheers all :)

TimiBoy, that sounds like a good idea, I'll do that. :D

Matt.

Rod Fishing
18-01-2009, 07:11 AM
Ring tem and lodge the claim then I use Suncorp and theyare out to asses the damage within 48 hours. Why lodge a claim then post it in. There is a thing these days called the telephone get the persons name you are talking to and it can be tracked, if nothing is done, i.e. the calim not lodged or lodged incorrectly wt date mistake etc, the person on the other end of the phone loses there job.

Chamelion
19-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Called them and was told that it hadn't even been forwarded to claims yet............................................... ............. That's an entire week lost. :(

I was given an alternative email address which I sent the claim to today. I will call tommorow to ensure they have it.

Insurance companies *rolls eyes*

deefa66
20-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Mate got a quote last Tuesday for repairs to prop and leg, WHAT CHARTER BOAT ( quote to replace with new bits $3000) posted wednesday to insurance company, assessor came this morning, said he'll put it through, all good. Very happy as I thought they may have gone for welding option.

Chamelion
20-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Just received a reply directly from the nice lady I spoke to yesterday. Repairs have been authorised.

Boy am I the happiest pig in poo today... I must celebrate with the timely purchase of some more fishing gear! :P

Matt.

deefa66
20-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Worth the wait,, I might do the same:D