PDA

View Full Version : colmslie ramp today ???

BILLY THE KID
17-01-2009, 12:13 PM
what would the brissie river be like today around 3pm , need to take the boat for a quick run

any help appreciated

slyman
17-01-2009, 12:25 PM
High tide round 2pm, so will be 1st hour of run out against the 15-20kt SE blowing at the airport at the moment, could be ugly. Maybe try somewhere a bit more sheltered, like tingalpa creek, not too far from wello point.

BILLY THE KID
17-01-2009, 12:42 PM
High tide round 2pm, so will be 1st hour of run out against the 15-20kt SE blowing at the airport at the moment, could be ugly. Maybe try somewhere a bit more sheltered, like tingalpa creek, not too far from wello point.

been up there once in my brothers tinny , i know there is crap everywhere that is to be avoided but dont know the creek to well at all , chains from the houseboat and submerged rocks are bad for a glass boat .

not real sure of the depths and stuff in tinny creek

slyman
17-01-2009, 12:57 PM
We've always put in at the gravel ramp next to the road bridge, mind you my brothers boat is only a 4.1 poly. Upstream of the bridge is fairly clear water, after the first corner up from the road bridge is a bit of a strait, there was a bloke in a 5-5.5 glass boat up there towing people on a couple of tubes the other week.