PDA

View Full Version : Lake MacDonald??

Sniper
16-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Anyone heard how Macca's has been fishing of late? Since the floods last year and the year before, its slide off the radar for most people.
So has anyone been there lately and caught a bass or two?
Last time I was there was last September and the water was going over the wall, again, and it was the colour of coffee. Fished it for 4 hours and not a bump. Not even a showing on the sounder.
Hopefully it gets back to its former glory very soon. That way we won't have to put up with damn water skiers and wake boarders to catch a nice bass or two.
Cheers
Bill

Bud-dy
16-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi Bill how are you ?
You should know just to e-mail me about Lake MacDonald..
For the last 3 months I and Sue ( sometimes ) have been catching between 12 to 20 bass each trip BUT only in the last month have I regularly been catching keepers ( prior to this all undersized fish )
NO real surface bite happenning.
Most of the fish caught on blades.
Some on jackalls off the weed edges
Paul

Sniper
17-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Hi Paul
I've been ok thanks mate. Hope you and Sue have been well.
I would have sent you an email but I don't have your address.
Sounds like its on the improve slowly. Just hope there are no more extreme weather conditions in the near future to send them all over the wall again.
Might head up there tomorrow morning and give it a go, as long as this change isn't too strong thats coming up the coast at the present time.
So nothing on surface at the moment. Bugger. Wanted to try some new fly patterns that I've tied up.
Thanks for the report Paul. Hope to see you on the water again soon.
Cheers
Bill