PDA

View Full Version : Blackfin 26 Info

TJ Bear
16-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Anybody been out in or owned a Blackfin 26 and can tell me how the hull performs? Does anybody know who built these boats?

boatboy50
16-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Hey TJ,

The Blackfin boats are a great sea going boat.

Look at any offshore fishing tournament and your sure to see them. They are a rare classic.

They are to my knowledge a Raymond C. Hunt design, designed in the early Bertram/Savage days. IMHO the centre cab is an awesome boat, with single diesel or twin outboard four strokes.

I'm sure Smithy would know a lot about them, a PM to him may get you some results.

Regards

Darren

TJ Bear
16-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Thanks darren, I'm looking at buying one with a volvo D4, getting a surveyor to have a look as its down in Sydney.

Todd

pilchardjones
17-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Gday Todd,
I have had a couple of trips in a 26 flybridge blackfin. Great boat. We were running about 80NM off Townsville chasing big marlin. Very seaworthy and comfortable enough for 3 for a couple of days.
I think I saw the exact boat for sale in townsville paper. Theres not too many around so I assume its now for sale.
$65K 200hp volvo duroprop 4788 8218

if it is john's boat - this is a photo.
steve

TJ Bear
17-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Thats the hull I,m after but not the flybridge. I am looking for the centre cab version. Ther are a couple on boatpoint. The one in the pic is the a real good rebuilt example but he is after 120k

pilchardjones
18-01-2009, 11:44 AM
nice - i've always liked them after seeing the late Malcolm Florence using one (a centrecab) in a couple of his fishing documentaries up north of Cooktown I think.

good luck.
steve