PDA

View Full Version : MONDURAN Vs AWOONGA

NAGG
16-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Allrightythen! ...... I need your help:) After the Borumba Bash - Whitey & I are doing a weeks Barra fishing...... Now here is the dilema - We like both impoundments & this always makes it difficult to decide which one gets the extra time.:P
Both trips last year were productive! & it was a difficult decision to leave fish to find fish on both occasions ....... which we did with no regrets.

So ..... with your help - I'm going to set the destination after the Bash on what you think is the most productive destination ........ This will get the 4 days & If the fishing is on fire .... we may not even get to the other

over to you all

Chris

Awoonga
16-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Easy, dont bother going to Awoonga.....

Big_Ren
16-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Good one Trev....now why did I know you might say that?????;D

Steve B
16-01-2009, 08:51 AM

Easy, dont bother going to Monduran.....;)

Noosa river is nice this time of year!

TonyM
16-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Monduran sucks - GO TO AWOONGA FOR THE REALLY BIG ONES!!!!!!

although make sure you drop in to see Foxie on the way for some jewelry for those big awoonga barra that love gobbling shiny new lures ;):D

Pete62
16-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Now u guys have done it, Naggs is off line, Naggs is NEVER off line.

Cheer's Pete.

Jungle Jim
16-01-2009, 10:01 AM

Cheer's Pete.

I’m worried about him should someone call or something...just to make sure

Pete 62 we’ll pay careful attention to where this thread goes.... then we’ll go to the other one.

JIM

Pete62
16-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Maybe he is on-route to the sunshine state, stopped at the border perhaps??

NAGG
16-01-2009, 10:50 AM

Come on Trev ..... you cant keep em all for yourself;)

Chris

NAGG
16-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Easy, dont bother going to Monduran.....;)

Noosa river is nice this time of year!

I have to be accommodating for Whitey ........ He wants barra!!!

NAGG
16-01-2009, 10:53 AM

Cheer's Pete.

you missed me ;D ....... No I actually go off line to do some work

NAGG
16-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Maybe he is on-route to the sunshine state, stopped at the border perhaps??

Not yet ( Sat 14th Feb)

Awoonga
16-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Come on Trev ..... you cant keep em all for yourself;)

Chris Hang on now Chris.... you asked.... and l gave you my Thoughts... If fact l have a better idea.... You stay at Monduran and Whitey can fish with me .... And l even better idea is we have a small wager on the number of fish caught ...l am sure Foxie....or Steve B could fish with you

NAGG
16-01-2009, 10:59 AM
I’m worried about him should someone call or something...just to make sure

Pete 62 we’ll pay careful attention to where this thread goes.... then we’ll go to the other one.

JIM

JJ ....... I knew I'd get some dodgy answers - put them together / mix em up - & do the opposite ?

I actually want to see the opinions

Chris

Sniper
16-01-2009, 11:00 AM
The way both have been fishing of late I'd say neither.
But Monduran is closer so more fishing time for you both. But I'm sure Trevor would love your company if you did decide to go to Awoonga, wouldn't you Trevor. Just watch him though, he'll come up and chat to you then fish your dead water and pull a fish from where you were just fishing. lol
Cheers
Bill

Pete62
16-01-2009, 11:01 AM
WORK Chris, what is this word u speak of.........................???

NAGG
16-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Hang on now Chris.... you asked.... and l gave you my Thoughts... If fact l have a better idea.... You stay at Monduran and Whitey can fish with me ....;D

He would too ..... the tart::) Jump onto the next best thing;D

Chris

NAGG
16-01-2009, 11:02 AM
WORK Chris, what is this word u speak of.........................???

about 5 mins;D

Awoonga
16-01-2009, 11:05 AM
But Monduran is closer so more fishing time for you both. But I'm sure Trevor would love your company if you did decide to go to Awoonga, wouldn't you Trevor. Just watch him though, he'll come up and chat to you then fish your dead water and pull a fish from where you were just fishing. lol
Cheers
Bill Yes Bill fishing someone dirty water just behind them and catching fish in a comp sure plays mind games with there heads....Sorry about that ;D

Pete62
16-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Overrated me thinks, tried it once, much prefer to delegate.

NAGG
16-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Cheers
Bill

Fortunately ...... Its not till mid March - So not too much apprehension at this stage:)

Chris

PS ..... As far a distance goes ...... Awoonga is just a short stroll - I wont know my self ( we have 20 more hours fishing time:P )

NAGG
16-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Yes Bill fishing someone dirty water just behind them and catching fish in a comp sure plays mind games with there heads....Sorry about that ;D

Specially on the same boat::)

Sniper
16-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Ah Trever, there's no problem at all. Anyone else and a few words may have been said. Too late now anyway.
How's it fishing lately? Still tough?
Bill

Jungle Jim
16-01-2009, 11:20 AM
you missed me ;D ....... No I actually go off line to do some work

Does that mean that when you are online you are not working?

I know the feeling... there are 2 reason why there are no photos of my face on here

1) I rarely catch a fish worth taking a photo of...
2) I work for a very large company and would prefer if my mugg wasn’t plastered all over these forums during work hours

You never know who “oldmate45” really is could be my boss or the bosses boss...

p.s i have made my mind up

im going to Monwoonga

nuh make that Awoonduran

JIm

Awoonga
16-01-2009, 11:22 AM
[quote=Sniper;955735]Ah Trever, there's no problem at all. Anyone else and a few words may have been said. Too late now anyway.
How's it fishing lately? Still tough? Yes bill The long range fishing report for Awoonga is things shall be hard untill at least April... or untill Nagg goes home ;D

NAGG
16-01-2009, 11:32 AM
[quote=Sniper;955735]Ah Trever, there's no problem at all. Anyone else and a few words may have been said. Too late now anyway.
How's it fishing lately? Still tough? Yes bill The long range fishing report for Awoonga is things shall be hard untill at least April... or untill Nagg goes home ;D

I will have the barra whisperer with me ........ he can pull a fish out of his ass anywhere!!!!

NAGG
16-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Monduran sucks - GO TO AWOONGA FOR THE REALLY BIG ONES!!!!!!

although make sure you drop in to see Foxie on the way for some jewelry for those big awoonga barra that love gobbling shiny new lures ;):D

Where did you catch that PB ? ....... Huh

Oh yeh ... no doubt we'll call in to Foxies - Whitey might spend some money
:curtain:
Chris

TonyM
16-01-2009, 12:08 PM

Chris

Never you mind, you, you, don't you worry about that!!!!

So you reckon Whitey might air the moths in the wallet out a bit for some bling? Helping someone spend money on tackle is better than having to pay yourself ;D

p.s. I love working for me - whilst I occaisionally give myself a kick for being lazy it's never too hard :wiseguy:

(looking at the vote count I reckon Trevor has more than one login - Not Fair!!!) ;D

NAGG
16-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Never you mind, you, you, don't you worry about that!!!!

So you reckon Whitey might air the moths in the wallet out a bit for some bling? Helping someone spend money on tackle is better than having to pay yourself ;D

p.s. I love working for me - whilst I occaisionally give myself a kick for being lazy it's never too hard :wiseguy:

(looking at the vote count I reckon Trevor has more than one login - Not Fair!!!) ;D

The old Trev might have something going!
Whitey is a shocker ...... we were talking about what he needed to bring ( as he is flying to Brissy) .... anyhow ... we were talking lures & he actually said - " dont need to worry about that - you've got plenty"::)

Whitto
16-01-2009, 02:18 PM

ChrisIm guessing a book on Tying Knots would be a good investment;D

Tropicaltrout
16-01-2009, 06:24 PM
A extra hour or so behind the wheel, Mondy for me... but Awoonga is ready to fire ........??????

chewy01
16-01-2009, 07:38 PM
I think you should detour an hour and spend a night at the baffle creek campstay and catch some jacks...though there is a tavern within walking distance :)

NAGG
16-01-2009, 08:15 PM
I think you should detour an hour and spend a night at the baffle creek campstay and catch some jacks...though there is a tavern within walking distance :)

Hey Chew ..... There will be lots of opportunity for a jack attack once I get to Brissy - The old breambo in the toxic waste dump will be missed ....... but I think a Jack makes for a fair old substitute.

Lots of fishing ahead

Chris

chewy01
16-01-2009, 08:20 PM
If ur really keen you can catch jacks off the tavern deck :) its pretty special..MW would never leave ;)

NAGG
16-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Here is a little statistic from 2008 (boat results)

Monduran 22 barra landed @ 14 Sessions (best 112cm , 104 ,103 , 103, 103 , 101)

Awoonga 75 barra landed @ 13 Sessions (best 106cm , 100) .... 3 sessions were fished with Dr Awoonga
An additional 7 fish were landed during Skeeter time

Cheers

Chris

PS ...... Trev is gunna hate me for putting this stat up :-X

Big_Ren
16-01-2009, 11:39 PM

Awoonga 75 barra landed @ 13 Sessions (best 106cm , 100) .... 3 sessions were fished with Dr Awoonga

Fair stats there Chris....no wonder you're classified as an addict....:o

NAGG
17-01-2009, 06:17 AM
Fair stats there Chris....no wonder you're classified as an addict....:o

Trust me Paul ....... Its not normally in my nature to be that thorough::) But I did take notes of the results of our trips last year.......... but its not hard when you only do 3 trips ;)
I think it is an interesting stat though ..... particularly when you consider the general consensus!

Cheers

Chris

Whitto
17-01-2009, 06:30 AM
What would be an interesting comparison Chris is if you could replicate your trips from last year to this year.....now that would be interesting.....And Im guessing once you hit God's country there's ever chance that it will happy.....am I right;D

NAGG
17-01-2009, 06:52 AM
What would be an interesting comparison Chris is if you could replicate your trips from last year to this year.....now that would be interesting.....And Im guessing once you hit God's country there's ever chance that it will happy.....am I right;D

Hi Whitto

I do plan to fish each month starting March ( unless it drives me broke::) )...... We will see!

Replicating those results ...... Hmmm I've had to convince Whitey not to expect those results ( the March & Sept trips were ...... exceptional)

Chris

Peter4
17-01-2009, 07:09 AM
I do plan to fish each month starting March

Great objective Chris, it should give you a clear pattern of how the barra behave as the weather cools and then warms up again.

It will also give you the opportunity to examine the changing water quality over the same period and before/during/after major inflows and outflows......

I wish I could go monthly! ;)

Pete

Big_Ren
17-01-2009, 07:39 AM
Chris

There are some telling statistics there, even from the most crude analysis.

A similar amount of sessions but your Awoonga catch rates are almost four times that of Monduran, but more big fish being caught at Mondy.

That might lead to conclusions that:

1. You have Awoonga wired and are still on your learning curve at Mondy
2. Monduran is going through a boom cycle with larger fish, well fed but uneducated, and committing to lure presentations, or
3. Younger year classes are now coming through at Awoonga, perhaps willing fish that might not have been caught before in the lake, and prepared to take more risks.

Or it could be a combination of all three.

Just a few thoughts there.

Cheers
Paul

NAGG
17-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Great objective Chris, it should give you a clear pattern of how the barra behave as the weather cools and then warms up again.

It will also give you the opportunity to examine the changing water quality over the same period and before/during/after major inflows and outflows......

I wish I could go monthly! ;)

Pete

Probably the only thing is that I will skip Mondy at times to go to Awoonga ....... some months both will be included (March , Sept & Nov) but you are right ...... It will be interesting to see how the dynamics change & in turn the fish behavior ...... It should be good

chris

Whitto
17-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Hi Whitto

I do plan to fish each month starting March ( unless it drives me broke::) )...... We will see!

Replicating those results ...... Hmmm I've had to convince Whitey not to expect those results ( the March & Sept trips were ...... exceptional)

ChrisAt least you have a benchmark to compare it too....still it will be interesting......The only difference this year is you will be doing a lot more trips:D

NAGG
17-01-2009, 01:49 PM
At least you have a benchmark to compare it too....still it will be interesting......The only difference this year is you will be doing a lot more trips:D

Maybe more trips ...... but also during times when I would not normally plan a trip. I think if I set myself up well ...... I can do a trip at fairly short notice - whereas atm..... Its 4-6 months..... If not longer

Anyhow back to the cleaning:(

chris

NAGG
17-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Chris

There are some telling statistics there, even from the most crude analysis.

A similar amount of sessions but your Awoonga catch rates are almost four times that of Monduran, but more big fish being caught at Mondy.

That might lead to conclusions that:

1. You have Awoonga wired and are still on your learning curve at Mondy
2. Monduran is going through a boom cycle with larger fish, well fed but uneducated, and committing to lure presentations, or
3. Younger year classes are now coming through at Awoonga, perhaps willing fish that might not have been caught before in the lake, and prepared to take more risks.

Or it could be a combination of all three.

Just a few thoughts there.

Cheers
Paul

Sorry Paul ...... I missed your reply
Where do I start ..... ???
Straight up ...... Awoonga results are greatly influenced by Trev (Awoonga) ..... He guided us for 2 days prior to having a shot on our own ( day 3 was the best result with 12 boated) ...... Trev then joined us for the 4th day (11 landed).
Even the Sept trip ...... Trev showed us around a bit & Whitey certainly capitalized on it ::) - So I'm under no delusion that we know Awoonga.
most certainly ...... It seems to be a younger year class at Awoonga ....... but we have lost several meter plus fish too.
3,000,000 barra stocked in Awoonga

As for Monduran ... We have done it on our own - After changing tactics ...... 16 fish came over 3 days (Muster trip)...... otherwise the boats results would be well under 1 ::)
Definately bigger fish ...... with a large percentage over 90cm
We have also lost 5 or so big fish
so on the idea of bigger uneducated fish - Yes I think so :P Trev & I discussed this yesterday ......... We both feel accessability (structure) influences Mondy results ! ...... to many trees!
1,000,000 barra stocked in Mondy

I will be curious to see how our March results compare:-/
The one good thing that came out of it ...... we had minimal (5) donut days out of 27
Interesting

Chris

BR65
17-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Maaaaaaaate, when your livin up here, you can make the call to go friday nite, and be fishing for barra at 10 the next morn!

NAGG
17-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Maaaaaaaate, when your livin up here, you can make the call to go friday nite, and be fishing for barra at 10 the next morn!

Said the Teflon man ;D ....... Brian you are well known for slippin under the radar - but yeh all possible ( I'm more likely to head up on a Friday evening) .... but I need an easier tent to set up ::)

Chris

BR65
17-01-2009, 07:45 PM
The hoop swag is for the splash and dash trips, 3 nites or more and I take the tent, its one of those Oz tents, takes 30 seconds to install by a young sweedish backpaker apparently, takes me a little longer to put up the awning etc, but still easy and quick as.

NAGG
17-01-2009, 08:13 PM
The hoop swag is for the splash and dash trips, 3 nites or more and I take the tent, its one of those Oz tents, takes 30 seconds to install by a young sweedish backpaker apparently, takes me a little longer to put up the awning etc, but still easy and quick as.

Thanks for that Brian ....... i noticed that a few used swags.
The tent I'm using is great ........ but certainly a Ikea design::)

I like your Oz tent though ( they are the canvass ones ..... yes)

Ta

Chris

BR65
17-01-2009, 08:26 PM
yeah canvas mate, with an internal sliding aluminium frame, been thru a couple of hoo-dinger Mondy storms, and dry as a bug. I first started with one of those dome tents, flicked that after one trip, to hard to put up by myself!
The swags are good as long as youve got a decent matress to lie on after a big days casting, I use the standard 50mm that it came with, and a B*F matress on top, its not to bad. Down side is if it rains, its a bit exposed.
Ive got a wee thing about snakes after a trip in a normal swag up at Awoonga, hence the enclosed swag, but again, its been thru some hell storms, and Ive stayed as dry as, Id highly recommend that particular brand - Southern Cross Swags.

NAGG
17-01-2009, 08:41 PM
yeah canvas mate, with an internal sliding aluminium frame, been thru a couple of hoo-dinger Mondy storms, and dry as a bug. I first started with one of those dome tents, flicked that after one trip, to hard to put up by myself!
The swags are good as long as youve got a decent matress to lie on after a big days casting, I use the standard 50mm that it came with, and a B*F matress on top, its not to bad. Down side is if it rains, its a bit exposed.
Ive got a wee thing about snakes after a trip in a normal swag up at Awoonga, hence the enclosed swag, but again, its been thru some hell storms, and Ive stayed as dry as, Id highly recommend that particular brand - Southern Cross Swags.

Snake ????

I bought one of those self inflating mattresses after my normal air one gave up the ghost ........ I'm thinking of a bunk though after seeing Matts loft apartment ... Its a cracker
Saw a lot forced out of their swags at Mondy back in Nov ...... The camp kitchen looked like a hostel

Chris

Whitto
18-01-2009, 06:51 AM
Was at the local B+F and they have a bunk bed complete with mattress in both single and double from $99 (Pumpup type mattress) aluminum frame construction

Whitto
18-01-2009, 06:52 AM
Was at the local B+F and they have a off ground bed complete with mattress in both single and double from $99 (Pumpup type mattress) aluminum frame construction looks good

Whitto
18-01-2009, 06:53 AM
OOOOOooooppppppsssss.....I stuttered sorry:-[

Whitto
18-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Snake ????

I bought one of those self inflating mattresses after my normal air one gave up the ghost ........ I'm thinking of a bunk though after seeing Matts loft apartment ... Its a cracker
Saw a lot forced out of their swags at Mondy back in Nov ...... The camp kitchen looked like a hostel

ChrisYes I remember the occasion well....For future reference you can't use a swag in a 4b Rodeo with very little notice.....Monduran storms their ball tearers:(

NAGG
18-01-2009, 07:04 AM
Was at the local B+F and they have a off ground bed complete with mattress in both single and double from $99 (Pumpup type mattress) aluminum frame construction looks good

Just need the bed now ........ but you can buy some rippers for $100 - One good point is that while they are big.... you can store most of the gear under them ...... hell I must be getting soft ::)

Chris

NAGG
18-01-2009, 07:11 AM
Yes I remember the occasion well....For future reference you can't use a swag in a 4b Rodeo with very little notice.....Monduran storms their ball tearers:(

Thats right ..... You were there
That put me off the idea of a swag + I take too much gear::)

Chris

BR65
18-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Ahhh, I must realy love B*F, when I take the tent, I use a bunk bed and a self inflate mattress, pretty damn good actually, much better than the air mattress I used to use.

Whitto
18-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Ahhh, I must realy love B*F, when I take the tent, I use a bunk bed and a self inflate mattress, pretty damn good actually, much better than the air mattress I used to use.Just had alook at a single bed with built in air mattress that is replaceable if need be....folds up to nothing.....and capable of carrying a big unit like me....Rock solid.....buggar it the older ya get the more comfort ya want...and it's off the ground free to a degree from the creepy crawlies you talk about Brian...for $95 it's a no brainer:)

nipsta
18-01-2009, 11:06 AM
im lucky when im on my own i have a the canop on the navara so im set up from the start

Dick Pasfield
18-01-2009, 02:58 PM
You mob stop fishing and get out of the boat to sleep?

There's a novel thought;D;)

Here's the starlight option

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr4/dickpasfield/16-1.jpg

and the foul weather alternative:)

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr4/dickpasfield/1-40.jpg

hunkered down in a mangrove creek, copped 50mm that night:'(

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr4/dickpasfield/2-26.jpg

Whitto
18-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Don't let anyone tell you Dick you couldn't organise a Piss up in a brewery.....it must be interesting if the Shite hits the fan....Im guessing sleeping and fishing are kept separate.....it obviously suits your style of fishing....Good Stuff...Cheers

BR65
18-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Is that a tent fly youve got thrown over the top Dick?

Dick Pasfield
18-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Is that a tent fly you've got thrown over the top Dick?

Yeah, and used the struts crossing them diagonally from stern to bow. Used it a few times, you can stay pretty dry provided you get into a creek small enough to break the wind pushing on it.

NAGG
18-01-2009, 05:22 PM
You mob stop fishing and get out of the boat to sleep?

There's a novel thought;D;)

Here's the starlight option

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr4/dickpasfield/16-1.jpg

and the foul weather alternative:)

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr4/dickpasfield/1-40.jpg

hunkered down in a mangrove creek, copped 50mm that night:'(

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr4/dickpasfield/2-26.jpg

Good set up there Dick ........ but you need to remember that this lot like to go back to camp at the end of the day for a big cook up ...... & get pissed! ....... so being responsible people we get off the water;D

Chris

Tropicaltrout
18-01-2009, 09:15 PM

Cheers

Chris

PS ...... Trev is gunna hate me for putting this stat up :-X

Heres a question on averages??
07 mondy 18 % best sesh 9 boated am bite, biggest 115cm... 7 in a row over the metre
08 mondy at 38 to 34% best sesh 3 boated, biggest 123cm, 2 in a row over a metre

NAGG
19-01-2009, 06:27 AM
07 mondy 18 % best sesh 9 boated am bite, biggest 115cm... 7 in a row over the metre
08 mondy at 38 to 34% best sesh 3 boated, biggest 123cm, 2 in a row over a metre

& so what is the question Nath ????

Whitto
19-01-2009, 06:29 AM
08 mondy at 38 to 34% best sesh 3 boated, biggest 123cm, 2 in a row over a metreFor me Monduran has never fished better then when it was at 18%....Magic

NAGG
19-01-2009, 09:16 AM
For me Monduran has never fished better then when it was at 18%....Magic

Several people have said exactly that !
I only fished it once at that level (1.5 days) for a big fat catfish ..... & my PB Bass
it was at the tail end of a Hinchinbrook trip ........ Never saw much of the dam though ( White rock area & bird bay)

Chris

rob tranter
19-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Rito
Have any of you answered the original question?
or do you all like to banter on & on & on & on;D

Me personally from my varied experience of one, three day trip to both, Monduran for camping and facilities.

As far as fishing, well I may offer an opinion after my next trip, hopefully then I may catch something:'(

Both very nice Dams and I'm sure when the Fish are on, they're on.

It didn't help that when I was up there the other week, some bad tempered barstard,>:( punched the sounder and then proceeded to smash it into the deck, it didn't fix the original problem either, but it did get me a new sounder;D.
So with out one we fished blind.

Rob T8-)

NAGG
19-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Hey Rob

On your question ....... No
Thats why the catch rate poll went up ........... Interesting results & It shows how tough barra fishing is

Chris

Tropicaltrout
19-01-2009, 05:18 PM
& so what is the question Nath ????

Yeah, it is a tuff one but Mondy at 18 was a different dam IMHO

So in contrast to the original question all water issues aside ( strictly fishing wise) would you rather mondy at 18%, mondy now or Awoonga?

NAGG
19-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah, it is a tuff one but Mondy at 18 was a different dam IMHO

So in contrast to the original question all water issues aside ( strictly fishing wise) would you rather mondy at 18%, mondy now or Awoonga?

Nath ...... I'm not sure if it is that simple..... Dunno
Is it also in part that a year further on .... The barra are becoming bigger & more educated in Mondy
18% there would have beem 1000s of acres less for the fish to spread out........ less timber in the water too.
When you look at the new map of the dam ........ There is a hell of a lot more water (obviously ::) )

Question : How far up the Southern arm of B could you go when it was at 18%

Chris

Tropicaltrout
19-01-2009, 06:04 PM
To be honest I never went up there, far to busy a H areas...

Whitto
19-01-2009, 07:08 PM
I personally have no idea Chris I never got near B...didn't need to go that far.....I worked my way up the Dam starting from SDA....Bird .....and so on up the Dam to the first bay on the left......Magic all with H/B's.....not a S/P in sight:D

NAGG
19-01-2009, 07:43 PM
I personally have no idea Chris I never got near B...didn't need to go that far.....I worked my way up the Dam starting from SDA....Bird .....and so on up the Dam to the first bay on the left......Magic all with H/B's.....not a S/P in sight:D

So imagine what it would have been like with a hollowbelly or slick rig tied on ;)

DEANO68
19-01-2009, 08:16 PM
mmm, aint been in this game long, but one weekend at awoonga for 4 fish last year, then 4 trips too mondy for 1 fish and a few losses, awoonga prob wins, but i love mondy it just hasent been barra kind to me,will visit both dams this year, they are both challenging and exiting fishing...8-) ..
deano.8-)

Tropicaltrout
19-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Oh Donut68 be kind to yourself you will nail em next trip;D ;D ;D

DEANO68
19-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Oh Donut68 be kind to yourself you will nail em next trip;D ;D ;D

yea thanks mate, might have to paint the poly pink soon like you said,change the avatar, prob good advertising for them.:P ....and your mrs will enjoy fishin from a pink boat at the bash while your at camp cookin dinna and doin the dishes....;D

Tropicaltrout
19-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Would be a funny sponcer though, imagine belting across the tv screen on a sunday in the Donut King skeater, and with us fishin we would serve the name well.....

DEANO68
19-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Would be a funny sponcer though, imagine belting across the tv screen on a sunday in the Donut King skeater, and with us fishin we would serve the name well.....

reckon they would take me on. :P

Tropicaltrout
19-01-2009, 09:11 PM
They would come over to film and we would be hoeing into a cream donut with a lure hooked up in a tree birds nest in the other and esky of coldies in arms reach looking for some currents in the shrubs on the shore???:-/ :grin: ... What all bunning anglers would look up too...:rolleyes:
Team Donut King:laola:

DEANO68
19-01-2009, 09:17 PM
They would come over to film and we would be hoeing into a cream donut with a lure hooked up in a tree birds nest in the other and esky of coldies in arms reach looking for some currents in the shrubs on the shore???:-/ :grin: ... What all bunning anglers would look up too...:rolleyes:
Team Donut King:laola:

mate they must be watching, they just rang me.. game plan is to catch no fish (obviously), and eat plenty of pastry on camera, especially the new current flavor, and they also want me to run with the new slogan, all the gear,no idea...;)

BR65
19-01-2009, 09:59 PM
All the gear, no idea, thats a classic!

Whitto
20-01-2009, 06:51 AM
All the gear, no idea, thats a classic!Now that would make a good T-Shirt slogan....It will be alot more funnier when u juice up the boat;D

nipsta
21-01-2009, 04:49 PM
i like all places i not fusy

DEANO68
22-01-2009, 06:51 AM
Now that would make a good T-Shirt slogan....It will be alot more funnier when u juice up the boat;D

might have to print one up for the bash whitto, happy b / day for the weekend mate, enjoy your trip , and keep the boys in line......;) safe journey....

deano..8-)

Whitto
22-01-2009, 07:04 AM
might have to print one up for the bash whitto, happy b / day for the weekend mate, enjoy your trip , and keep the boys in line......;) safe journey....

deano..8-) Thanks for that Deano......Looks like we might end up getting a wet arse and at least one storm:(.....Gee's it's going to be boring...what can we do...I know sit round under Nath's big tarp and test the temp of a few Beers:D....Yeah that I'll do I reckon....could be worse.....As Brian said in another post HTFU see U at Borumba...Cheers mate