PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Comp Competitors.

tug_tellum
15-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Curious to know , How many of our fellow Ausfishers enter Fishing Comps? How many do you enter per year ? Do You have much success? What prizes have you Won?
Mick

jtpython
15-01-2009, 04:49 PM
I always go to the Boyne Tannum Hook up each year we have gotten a couple prizes smaller stuff in the draws and i managed the Largest Red Emporer in 2007
$100 for daily Prize $300 for Overall And a trophy
All and all great fun;D
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/jtpython/hookup-red-boat.jpg

mookyandlumpy
15-01-2009, 05:09 PM
only got my boat last year and i went in 1 "the king of the pin"
won a $250 marine batterey voucher in a raffle

brute898
15-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Hi, I havnt been in any fishing comps but then again I am only 17. I really enjoy fishing in saltwater. I have never really fished freshwater before and thats where most of the fishing comps are held in freshwater.
I would like to start doing some comps in the next couple of years, i think they would be fun even if you dont win.
Does anyone know of any comps in saltwater in Victoria?

snagking
15-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Yeah, some mates and I would like to get into a few brissie tournements, are there many around except for the river classic?
Oh and we have no boat :(

ronnien
15-01-2009, 08:44 PM
won the guru international fishing comp when i was a kid the prize for the biggest bream. i got a $150 open order at the tackle shack here in townsville.
always want to have a go in the predators comp but every year it's been to rough.

ron.

PinHead
15-01-2009, 08:48 PM
none ..and avoid them like the plague. I started fishing when 12, in a fishing club..telegraph shield, qld light gear championships etc...all estuary stuff. I hate that competitive bit these days plus in some instances some of the cheating isn't all that good.

finga
16-01-2009, 06:32 AM
I've never been in one but I could have won the biggest snapper one year at the Evans Head Classic.
Not much caught at all that year and the bigger brother (age, not size) and I had enough of painting the house so we did what anybody with brains would have done and went fishing to our secret spot and we got some huge flatty's and a couple of snappers.
We did not think anything of it until we got back to the ramp when everyone was trying to see what was sticking out of the esky (it's only a small one).
Anyways the guys renting at the back of the house wanted to weigh the knobby in but I thought that was cheating a bit...but it would have won the biggest knobby for that year...$1000+ entry in next years comp would have been the prize.

Jeremy
16-01-2009, 07:47 AM
I have been in a few of the ANSA sportfishing comps. Won overall aggreggate twice in 6 years in our interclub comp plus a few of the individual prizes.

Entered another sportfishing comp held at Bundy last year and never turned a reel :-(

These comps are usually 5 fish to be weighed, and max of either 1 or 2 of any one species. Have never encountered any cheating in any of these comps. Prizes aren't big enough to worry and everyone knows each other too.

Jeremy

Chris Ryan
16-01-2009, 01:43 PM
I won the largest flathead and biggest bag at the annual South West Rocks Fishing club comp..............in 1982. I got a nice tacklebox, a rigged handline (only just retired the box and still have the line) and a fish measure.

Entered the Evans comp a few times with my Pop and Dad, never got amongst the winners though.

Chris

youngy
16-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Hi Guys, i have fished many of the comps we have in s/e Qld like Fraser comp and King Of The Pin and find them all terrific.

They are all a bit different some have live weigh ins, some the fish have to be gutted and gilled and some you can only weigh in 1 fish of each nominated species.

The best part about most of the comps is that most of the prizes are lucky draws and have nothing to do with catching fish, last years fraser comp had over $250,000 in prizes and only $40,000 was to do with catching fish.

I have good mates that i have met at many of these comps and my fishing has improved greatly since i started fishing them, i look forward to every one and hope to see some of the Ausfish members at many, cheers wayne.

roz
17-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Well, we had the M&G up at Agnes in October where we (Ausfish) fished against the PBA fishos (PBA stands for plastic boat anglers...... so I'm led to believe), they won the 08/09 trophy this year. That was a collective effort.

As for individual efforts, I entered one once and cleaned up, so I decided then and there to keep my perfect record in tact. Don't like things getting to serious, it's gotta be all about enjoying fishing.

cheers roz

snagking
17-01-2009, 07:44 PM
I've done a couple of competitions on websites where the prizes are lures and stuff, but never really won much...
that being said, I did recently win a prize pack from cricket australia for being on the cricket show :)

Rodman
19-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Curious to know , How many of our fellow Ausfishers enter Fishing Comps? How many do you enter per year ? Do You have much success? What prizes have you Won?
Mick
I use to enter the Toyota Expo and Rainbow Beach fishing classic now I only enter the Rainbow beach comp.
I won the Boat in1999 at the toyota expo.

Ke

GBC
19-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Rumour has it that a couple of AF members put in a good show for the 'drunkest man in the world' competition held at Tipplers when the Riviera light tackle tournament was black flagged on Saturday. I believe one got runner up and the other a highly commended.

Unfortunately they have 'no recollection of that event' though.;)