PDA

View Full Version : mondy here i come

robersl
14-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi all heading to monduran tomorrow i have a green ford and silver stessco catcher come and say hi if in the area, mind you what i have forked out in new gear braid and fuel i could of done a darwin trip but looking forward to it, should arrive mid morning or there abouts after a stop at foxies

robersl

BR65
14-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Into em mate, best of luck, have a safe trip

cheers
brian

robersl
14-01-2009, 07:54 PM
thanks brian doing hook upgrades tonight that could be more dangerous then anything

shane

Pete62
14-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Have a great trip, look forward to a positive report on your return.

Cheer's Pete.

DEANO68
14-01-2009, 07:57 PM
see you tomoz arvo shane , will be there bout lunch...8-)

robersl
14-01-2009, 08:06 PM
thanks pete all a new adventure i have done a few guided trips in the n/t and caught a 95 cm barra beside fraser but first go at a dam will be different .

ok deano i should be there around the same setting up camp and then might go for a few casts in the arvo

shane

DEANO68
14-01-2009, 08:15 PM
thanks pete all a new adventure i have done a few guided trips in the n/t and caught a 95 cm barra beside fraser but first go at a dam will be different .

ok deano i should be there around the same setting up camp and then might go for a few casts in the arvo

shane

wadda ya mean might ?? im out there..get the first thousand casts out of the way....
deano..8-)

chewy01
14-01-2009, 08:22 PM
fish hard tomorrow and friday guys and fish into the sou easter change on sat arv....then settle in for a few drinks sat night in the breeze :) just watch out for steve or foxie dropping in unannounced :) enjoy yourselves
the chewcrew

BR65
14-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Shaneo, remember stealth and persistance are your two best friends mate, if it looks fishy, birds are feeding, bait on the sounder or flicking on the surface, glide in, no noise, and give it a good working. I allways turn the four stroke off as I enter a bay, then come in on the leccy, or if its real clear, just push myself along by hand tree to tree.
The problem, if you can call it a problem, with Monduran is that there is soooo much timber, it can be a bit overwhelmeing to start. My first trip there I never got past the first bay on the LHS of Bass Straight, I was sucked in by all the vertical sticks!
Points, weed bed edges, lay down timber if you can find it, drowned lantana at the back of little inlets if you cant, good places to start, after that its a case of useing ya spidey senses mate. Every bay holds fish, its just that some will hold active fish, the hard part is being johnny on the spot for those active fish.
Damn, I wish I was heading up tomorrow, the next week and a bit is really going to hurt.

DEANO68
14-01-2009, 08:36 PM
fish hard tomorrow and friday guys and fish into the sou easter change on sat arv....then settle in for a few drinks sat night in the breeze :) just watch out for steve or foxie dropping in unannounced :) enjoy yourselves
the chewcrew

thanks chew, unanounced locals are always welcome, as long as they pi#s off by day break....::) .

DEANO68
14-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Shaneo, remember stealth and persistance are your two best friends mate, if it looks fishy, birds are feeding, bait on the sounder or flicking on the surface, glide in, no noise, and give it a good working. I allways turn the four stroke off as I enter a bay, then come in on the leccy, or if its real clear, just push myself along by hand tree to tree.
The problem, if you can call it a problem, with Monduran is that there is soooo much timber, it can be a bit overwhelmeing to start. My first trip there I never got past the first bay on the LHS of Bass Straight, I was sucked in by all the vertical sticks!
Points, weed bed edges, lay down timber if you can find it, drowned lantana at the back of little inlets if you cant, good places to start, after that its a case of useing ya spidey senses mate. Every bay holds fish, its just that some will hold active fish, the hard part is being johnny on the spot for those active fish.
Damn, I wish I was heading up tomorrow, the next week and a bit is really going to hurt.

i feel your pain brian , last two weeks have been hard..8-)

Fishbait
14-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Have a safe trip Shane - you'll have fun up there. Good luck navigating your way up the lake through all those trees - that'll be an experience for you (or to get back). Look forward to the post on the Big Meter Barra. Cheers, Darren.

Big_Ren
14-01-2009, 08:59 PM
thanks brian doing hook upgrades tonight that could be more dangerous then anything

shane

Guaranteed to get pricked...happens when you least expect it. Best tip is to jab yourself before you even pick up those split ring pliers and you'll be right from there on:o

Best of luck Shane...looking forward to hearing some good barra tales.

Cheers
Paul

PaulMark
14-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Go get 'em guys,they're in there somewhere.Like Brian says,quietly does it.I wish..."back to work??Ok, boss:(
Paulo

NAGG
14-01-2009, 09:30 PM

Some sound advice right there ....... well said Brian

Have a great trip Shaneo ..... & look forward to your report

Chris

robersl
14-01-2009, 10:19 PM
thanks guys for all the info and the support off to bed 4 am start can feel a cold coming on for work tomorrow
all locals welcome but i think my 1l bottle of rum may hide in the boat esky for safe keeping lol by the sounds of all this timber i am going to encounter i will need it thursday night
shane

Whitto
15-01-2009, 06:14 AM
Hey Shane.....The boys have given u the good oil....Just one small thing when u are in and around the timber..their not called widow makers for nothing just be aware the timber is all but rotten and can snap off and can cause some serious damage......Have a great trip look forward to your report and pic's....Whitto