PDA

View Full Version : Coomera river bass

plastic_paul
14-01-2009, 04:51 AM
Went for a quick flick yesterday arvo down riverstone crossing, behind that old pub, and further upstream. Plenty of good water there but didn't see any bass??? are there bass around these parts? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated
thanks in advnce

Fitzy
14-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Some good bass to be caught in virtually every river / creek in SEQ including Coomera.
Exploring is most of the fun, a fish is a bonus.

HVGhBmca_NE

Cheers,

fitz..

plastic_paul
15-01-2009, 05:10 AM
hey, do you have sweetwater sticker on the side of your ute? think i saw you last thursday at kirkin rd weir? remember the name from youtube posts...

geoff72
16-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Plenty out there, keep trying out that way, im sure you will get some

Fitzy
16-01-2009, 11:55 PM
hey, do you have sweetwater sticker on the side of your ute? think i saw you last thursday at kirkin rd weir? remember the name from youtube posts...

No I don't, but there's plenty of folks who have got the sweetwater stickers.

And unfortunately I wasn't at the weir last thursday, was busy at work. (wish I was fishing....) :)

Don't let that stop you tho, if you see the Sweetwater Saratoga or the Ausfish Sticker, don't hesitate to say G'day.

Cheers,

fitzy..

plastic_paul
18-01-2009, 06:33 AM
hey, in that bass from kayak video. is that in the alrbert? we did a run up there and got about 20 each. thick as. just trying to explore a bit closer to home ie, coomera... what is sweetwater fishing anyway?

StevenM
19-01-2009, 05:12 AM
hey, in that bass from kayak video. is that in the alrbert? we did a run up there and got about 20 each. thick as. just trying to explore a bit closer to home ie, coomera... what is sweetwater fishing anyway?

Sweetwater is just that mate, sweetwater, not rust water.....nah only kidding.

Sweetwater is a freshwater web pag mate, look at the top of the page, in blue, check out Fitzy's Webpage. That is sweetwater. www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au

NormC
19-01-2009, 07:50 AM
Yes there are some good Bass there Paul. I used to go a lot further upstream by canoe. Some nice spots, similar to those in the You Tube link.
I always catch and release in the Coomera above the weir. I hope everybody else does the same.
For many years it has been very difficult for Bass to breed in the Coomera due to the weir and lack of flow. As you probably know Bass need to get down past the weir to breed. Lack of flow over the weir for many years has largely halted this breeding cycle.

You will have a lot of casts between fish sometimes, but it is a beautiful area.

Norm C

plastic_paul
21-01-2009, 05:23 AM
sounds great, might have to get the old yak out for some paddiling, theres an od flying fox accross the river, have you gone passed that? it llooks fairly deep there, nice and snaggy too!