PDA

View Full Version : New Rod for Daiwa Reel!

intercept
13-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Hey guys

I just aquired a team daiwa sol 3000 reel and was wondering what rod i should be looking at getting for it. Basically i am going to use it for smaller fish from a boat and jetty as well as having some fun with some 30-50 cm snappers. I want it to be as responsive as possible and have been looking at the silstar power tip range.

http://www.okuma.com.au/home/silstar/list_one_type.asp?brand_id=1&type_id=pt&group_code_id=ro

My budget is up to around 150 dollars. Any advice would be great.

Cheers and happy fishing,

Tom

struktcha_man
13-01-2009, 06:43 PM
I think a fishing rod would be great with your new reel.

cheers

intercept
13-01-2009, 06:57 PM
lol not exactly the responce i was hoping for. anyone have some advice?

Rockfish
13-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Nice choice in the Sol, very nice. I would be looking towards a nice light graphite offering to match it up for weight and keeping everything of a higher standard. Have a look at the daiwa tierra range, strudwick sic stick/sic stick pro, shimano raider, penn pinpoint tournament.

Kleyny
13-01-2009, 07:48 PM
I'd go for a raider or even have a squiz at the gladiator rods.
I recon around the 6kg mark would be about right.

neil

intercept
13-01-2009, 08:22 PM
thanks for that advice guys. i will look into the raiders and the daiwa rods i think.

intercept
13-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Shimano Raider Mexican Fire Fishing rods by Ian Miller - 732 Snapper Light (http://www.#################.com.au/category104_1.htm) 4-7kg
would that do the trick?

Kleyny
13-01-2009, 09:00 PM
i couldnt open the link but i know the rod, it will do perfect.
neil

NAGG
13-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Shimano Raider Mexican Fire Fishing rods by Ian Miller - 732 Snapper Light (http://www.#################.com.au/category104_1.htm) 4-7kg
would that do the trick?

after seeing the new raiders yesterday ...... I have to ask - who in their right mind would buy one !
downgraded in componantry & binding that leaves a lot to be desired ....... For fs sake ... spend some money & buy something decent

Chris

Kleyny
14-01-2009, 08:24 AM
after seeing the new raiders yesterday ...... I have to ask - who in their right mind would buy one !
downgraded in componantry & binding that leaves a lot to be desired ....... For fs sake ... spend some money & buy something decent

Chris

So the mexican fire's are completely different to the old 08 raiders.
I was only going off my old raider rod which IMO was good value for money.

I would have thought they would get better not worse:-/

neil

try to fish
19-02-2009, 02:12 PM
hi everyone..................an update on the shimano mexican raider 2 rods........the light snapper spin rod!!!!.have one snaped into half just around the joints and not even much load on it.all friends were catching the odd 2kgs snapper as theres a school of them just around and whan i finally got one hooked on my.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........loud pop and thats the end of it.i also teamed it up with the tierra 2500 reel and have just got my replacement rod through the tackle shop with some extra cash for a tierra rod.