PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Greatest Shave, sponsor or join the Team

Ausfish
13-01-2009, 12:01 AM
http://ausfish.com.au/images/wgssponsor.jpg

I'm taking part in World's Greatest Shave 2009!

I've entered a team called Ausfish in World's Greatest Shave 2009.
I'd like to invite you to join my team and either shave or colour your hair to raise funds for the Leukaemia Foundation.
Join in the fun by clicking this link:
http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/TeamPage.aspx?Lang=en-CA&TSID=2549

From our Team Profile Page, click on the 'Join My Team' button to register and help us fundraise.

If you can't join us, you can also sponsor our team by making a donation online.

Click Here ------> http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/personalPage.aspx?SID=44922

$40 pays laboratory costs of a PhD student for one day
$57 pays for one car to transport patients to and from treatment centres each day
$100 supports the laboratory costs for a research fellow for one day
$120 provides a famaily with a home-away-from-home for two nights
$250 means a family can attend a disease-specific education and support program

I look forward to your support for this great cause!

Go on.... be brave and shave!

Or show your support by making a donation

As of March 8th we have over $6,700.00 in sponsorship

Thanks

Sponsor the TEAM at this link - http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/TeamPage.aspx?Lang=en-CA&TSID=2549

finga
13-01-2009, 06:07 AM
Good on ya Steve.
Thanks for wanting to help those in real need.
I'd join the team but I'd need hair first so a sponsorship is the way to go.

Cheers Scott

Marlin_Mike
13-01-2009, 12:26 PM
I'll go online at home tonight and sponsor ya for a coupla bucks Steve..................as for cutting the hair??????????????????

no way jose :):):)

PinHead
13-01-2009, 04:24 PM
you shaving your head...or one of those brazilians?

How about a mohawk for the boss ????

a few bucks put in there Steve..c'mon you mob...it is for a great cause

Chris Ryan
13-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Good stuff Steve. Will log on later tonight and whack a few bucks over to ya.

Lucky_Phill
13-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Hi Steve, found the site and " join team ' button but no " join my team ".

There is a Join Team button on the left hand side of the page and another one inside the Ausfish area. Hoping they are one of the same.

I'll shave for a cause.... I'll join as soon as i get confirmation of the correct button to click on.

Phill

TheRealAndy
13-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Count me in for a shave. Perhaps we should all attend a local VMR for a group shave and try get it into the local paper? That way we can get some press for two good causes. I will drop by any weekend except for aussie day weekend and 21st-22nd Feb (protest/rally weekend).

Ausfish
13-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Hi Steve, found the site and " join team ' button but no " join my team ".

There is a Join Team button on the left hand side of the page and another one inside the Ausfish area. Hoping they are one of the same.

I'll shave for a cause.... I'll join as soon as i get confirmation of the correct button to click on.

Phill

This link - http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/TeamPage.aspx?Lang=en-CA&TSID=2549

I tested the bottom button, but both should work.

Lucky_Phill
13-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks Steve.

All is good and it worked well. Pretty easy anyway.

I'm all signed up and have emailed out requests for sponsors.

Cheers Phill

I think Andys' idea has merit. A video of the AF crew gettin " scalped " could be OK ?

Ausfish
13-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Count me in for a shave. Perhaps we should all attend a local VMR for a group shave and try get it into the local paper? That way we can get some press for two good causes. I will drop by any weekend except for aussie day weekend and 21st-22nd Feb (protest/rally weekend).

The shave date is the 12th to the 14th of March.

You can join the team by going to the link in above posts.

We can organise to do a group shave on one of the days. The 13th is Black Friday so that might be a fitting day.

Ausfish
13-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks for joining Phill.

http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/imageWriter.aspx?ElementPropertyID=8869637

Tangles
13-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Whats a mo and goatie worth to the cause which hasnt left it owners face for 27 years?

Ausfish
13-01-2009, 10:33 PM
You can shave or colour. So you could shave the beard and goatie and then colour the hair.

Raesen
14-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Steve

Mate I have just finished registering and successfully joined your team. I will be getting a colour as I did the shave thing a few years back and it wasn't a good look then, and it certainly hasn't improved with time.

Steve, if you could just give me an idea on the following.

1. As I collect money do I log in to your site or the leukemia site to register the amount.

2. Do I keep the money and give to you on the day in March or progressively bank in your (or other) account.

3. Receipts? If somebody wants a receipt, what's the go with that.

Cheers mate. Glad to be of some help and hopefully we can raise some dough for a very very worthwhile cause.

Cheers, Pete

Marlin_Mike
14-01-2009, 07:56 AM
braver than me guys, I wouldnt shave the head, its going bald quick enough by itself......:)

just dropped a couple of bucks in the kitty for you guys.

Mike

Chris Ryan
14-01-2009, 08:52 AM
My head just isn't right with hair so its got to be wayyyyyy below par shaved/coloured!

I added to the kitty last night as well. Good luck and I hope you get a heap behind you!

Ausfish
14-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Steve

Mate I have just finished registering and successfully joined your team. I will be getting a colour as I did the shave thing a few years back and it wasn't a good look then, and it certainly hasn't improved with time.

Steve, if you could just give me an idea on the following.

1. As I collect money do I log in to your site or the leukemia site to register the amount.

2. Do I keep the money and give to you on the day in March or progressively bank in your (or other) account.

3. Receipts? If somebody wants a receipt, what's the go with that.

Cheers mate. Glad to be of some help and hopefully we can raise some dough for a very very worthwhile cause.

Cheers, Pete

Hi

Thanks for joining

They will send you out your info pack in the mail. It will have receipt books, etc.

It is best to get people to sponsor you online. That way you don't have to worry about cash, receipts, etc. They just use their credit card online.

Searaider 2
14-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Good on you
Guys / gals that have already ( and those in the future ) commited to a shave or colour .
I'd joinin but I've got no hair left for a shave . ( Colourings NOT an option )

Did the Worlds Greatest shave a few years ago & kept it a No 2 cut ever since 8-)

I just added some $'s as a supporter .

I hope Ausfish raise a heap for the Good Cause .

Raesen
14-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks Steve for the info. Look forward to getting the pack and start chasin sponsors.

Cheers
Pete

schoesno1
14-01-2009, 09:07 PM
i would love to join the team guys but last time me and my mates organised a group to do it our school threatened us with expulsion from the college if we shaved our heads, they were just worried about the image of the school instead of people with leukemia

Ausfish
14-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks to those that have joined and donated so far.

Total raised by Team so far: $567.00

The Team so far

Peter Jensen
Phill Kliese
Andrew Pearson
Steve Brown

snagking
14-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Well, I'm getting a haircut tommorrow, does that count? :)

But good work with the fundraising everyone!

Mtx
15-01-2009, 07:07 AM
Guys, this is a very good cause, I have had my head shaved the last 4 years after my best mate lost his dad to Leukaemia. It really hits home when you see not only how it impacts the person suffering from the terrible disease but also how it impacts their family and friends. Alan was like a second father to me and after seeing what he and his family went through, I was determined to be able to help to try to make sure that people will not have to go through this alone.

Until this happens to someone close, it is only natural to feel a little detached from the situation and not worry about making a donation.

Last year, I was able to raise $2740, it is not a huge amount but every bit helps.

Dig deep guys and support this great cause.

Cheers

ronnien
15-01-2009, 08:06 AM
do you need a credit card to put some $ in, if so is there another way?

ron.

Ausfish
15-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Hi

If you want to do it online you will need a credit card.

You can sponsor someone in person and they can give you a receipt.

PaulMark
15-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Good cause you blokes,I've kicked a couple of bucks in to see you on the way.
Paulo

Nico.d.R
15-01-2009, 05:29 PM
does it count if my hair is only about gauge 2 or 3 at the moment ? im in as long as it is on a saturday (the head shaving) , could you let me know the date of the shavings please . look forward to pitching in .

cheers nico

Ausfish
15-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Hi

Shave date is 12, 13 or 14 of March. We don't have to do it all together as there may be people all over the place. You can get it done wherever you like. We will aim for the 13th and the possibility of a group shave, but join in no matter where you are.

There are also event locations organised by the foundation, check out the website for details. http://worldsgreatestshave.com.au/

does it count if my hair is only about gauge 2 or 3 at the moment ? im in as long as it is on a saturday (the head shaving) , could you let me know the date of the shavings please . look forward to pitching in .

cheers nico

Nico.d.R
15-01-2009, 07:04 PM
my name is down steve , lets raise some funds for a good cause .

cheers nico

Janelle
15-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi Guys,

Congratulations to all of you who are taking part in the "Shave" and to Steve for organising the group.

I did the shave in 2006. It is a long story but I promised a cop in a pub in Tassie about 15 years ago that if I ever cut my hair I would do it for the Luekaemia Foundation. Well it took 15 years to get up the courage and it was the most liberating thing I have ever done in my life.
One of our customers grandson's was going through treatment at the time and each week I would hear stories about his progress and the brilliant assistance the Foundation was giving his family. The money is not just about research but also about providing accomodation for families who have to move for treatment and lots of other services. I decided it was time. The day after I signed up I got news that a friend had passed away. She had a baby the same age as my little one.

There are heaps of ways to raise money and you will find that no one will begrudge you asking them. I was lucky enough to raise a reasonable amount of money, with my customers and past business associates being unbelievably supportive.

Good luck to all of you and think outside the square with ideas for how to get the money.

Janelle
15-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Aigutso - you might be surprised how many of your friends and family will pay to see the face behind the hair. Parting with hair you have had for 27years shows what an important cause this is. I would sponsor you!

Here are my before and after shots. Can I tell you - I have never been prouder of what my hair looked like that night!

Janelle
15-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Just had a thought.

What about doing a group shave at the Tinnie and Tackle show. Huge audience, brilliant cause and fantastic opportunity to get last minute sponsors, corporate sponsors (as you could have promo gear on for them or signage) and bidding wars for the honour of shaving Steve, Lucky Phill and other team members heads. I am sure you can convince a hairdresser to volunteer their time. You could speak to Marine Qld about doing it in the seminar area where the competition weigh in is. They are working on timetables at the moment so it would be a good time to speak to them.

The shave doesn't have to be done on the actual specified weekend. You might also be able to convince some of the TV shows to do their reports from the Tinnie and Tackle show and they can plug the shave.

Cheers,

Janelle

Bassmaster1
15-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Good Work Steve, proud to be a supporter of this very good cause.

Regards,

Bruce

PinHead
15-01-2009, 08:27 PM
good on you blokes...I know I would never do it...no bloody hair on top as it is...and..the Mo has been there before the kids were born..daughter is now 27 so it ain't going anywhere either.

wow janelle..that sure was a crop of hair but as for your comments re Aigutso...I am trying to imagine him without the mo and goatee..i don't think it would be a very pretty sight..i think it is better left where it is.

come on..they need more donations

Janelle
15-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Pinhead we could do a reverse - Aigutso you could set a dollar limit that you want to achieve (not too low cause that would be cheating). If you reach it you get to keep the facial hair. Pinhead if you think it would be too scary to see him without it then you pay to try to get him to keep it
Paying to help him keep it could help the community on so many levels :D If you don't reach the level you lose the hair.

(sorry Aigutso I don't know you so hope you don't mind me going with Pinhead's comment)

Having said that I would still sponsor you to lose it! After all it grows back

PinHead
16-01-2009, 12:21 AM
he can pay to keep his own hair..LOL

TimiBoy
16-01-2009, 06:26 AM
I lost my Mum to the Big L when I was 10.

I'll lose the hair!

Cheers,

Tim

Ausfish
16-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks for your donations and for joining the team

The team so far

Nico De Rooy
Peter Jensen
Phill Kliese
Andrew Pearson
Jesse Wallis
Tim Whittle
Steve Brown

So far we have raised - $784.00.

Still 2 months to go so plenty of time for anyone to get on board.

PinHead
17-01-2009, 06:15 AM
7 down so far to be shaved..awesome.

Could be interesting to watch this all happen...will you all be getting it done at the same place? A few drinks and some nibblies could make for an entertaining evening...I will put in another $500.00 if you all have it done on the 12th March.

finga
17-01-2009, 08:12 AM
7 down so far to be shaved..awesome.

Could be interesting to watch this all happen...will you all be getting it done at the same place? A few drinks and some nibblies could make for an entertaining evening...I will put in another $500.00 if you all have it done on the 12th March.
If you do that I'll enlisted my whole noggin' for the shave.
Been a while since the chin has seen the sun. It better not be a sunny day. Sunburn will be a bugger.
I'll bring the peanuts too :)

I just thought that out...who's be doing the shaving??
If it's TOL on DDD then no way.
If it the Breaker Girls then bring it on ;D

I just did the maths...I just had a haircut so I'd be due for another about the 12th of March....I'm in :D

webby
17-01-2009, 02:00 PM
I'll put my hand up to wheeled the razor, aint got no hair (what little i have) of me own to remove, but will to do it to others.
I"ll donate a few dollars for every razor i can break or blunten.
regards

Raesen
17-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Hey guys I'm all for raising money for this cause but as I said in my original post I am not shaving but COLOURING. Maybe a bright pink or orange or something would be good.

I did the shave a few years back and not a good look. :-/

More importantly I am a house husband with no kids at home (you do the math) and the minister for finances (the ONLY employed one in the house said go for it with colour) so I am not going to rock the boat if you get my drift. :-*

At the end of the day it is a support for a truelly worthwhile cause just ask my nephew!!!!!!

Cheers all and support the ausfish team.
Pete

Ausfish
18-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks to those that have donated and to those that have joined the team.

The team so far

Damien Briais
Nico De Rooy
Scott Fisher
Peter Jensen
Phill Kliese
Andrew Pearson
Jesse Wallis
Tim Whittle
Steve Brown

So far we have raised - 1,104.00

Sponsor the TEAM at this link - http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/TeamPage.aspx?Lang=en-CA&TSID=2549

bondy99
19-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Good luck with it, sorry cant afford it being a uni student myself

business class
19-01-2009, 10:16 AM
braver then me also.

TheRealAndy
19-01-2009, 01:46 PM
I am going to up the ante a bit here. All my mates reckon that shaving my head will benefit me, so now I am going to shave my whole body. Legs, arms and chest and back. The whole lot. Now if I can get enough cash, and someone can supply wax, then thats how my legs will be going. I dont have the most attractive body shape, so if you want me to keep my shirt on its going to cost you all!!

clearwater
20-01-2009, 08:06 PM
good work guys

Ausfish
20-01-2009, 09:27 PM
I am going to up the ante a bit here. All my mates reckon that shaving my head will benefit me, so now I am going to shave my whole body. Legs, arms and chest and back. The whole lot. Now if I can get enough cash, and someone can supply wax, then thats how my legs will be going. I dont have the most attractive body shape, so if you want me to keep my shirt on its going to cost you all!!

No probkem with the waxing, I am a fully qualified waxer, actually qualified in Temporary Epilation and lash and brow treatments, if you want the exact terminology, as well as a Diploma in remedial massage and Bowen Therapy. Thats what I do all day, every day. See signature.

More than happy to book you in to Amaroo for either myself or my Beauty Therapist, kayleen, to do it free of charge.

Ausfish
20-01-2009, 09:30 PM
As of today we have raised $1474.00

Thanks for your support

TheRealAndy
20-01-2009, 09:43 PM
No probkem with the waxing, I am a fully qualified waxer, actually qualified in Temporary Epilation and lash and brow treatments, if you want the exact terminology, as well as a Diploma in remedial massage and Bowen Therapy. Thats what I do all day, every day. See signature.

More than happy to book you in to Amaroo for either myself or my Beauty Therapist, kayleen, to do it free of charge.

Damn you. Gotta hit the 5k target before I do it though!

PinHead
21-01-2009, 04:01 PM
okay Steve..so what day will it be happening?

Ausfish
21-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Spoke to the Leukaemia Foundation today and we will be having a Shave/Colour event at the boaties market on the 15th of March. If you do want to join the team and can not get to the boaties market you can still join and raise money and have a shave or colour wherever you are.

Thanks to the VMR for allowing this, hopefully we can raise some more money on the day. Maybe auctioning off who shaves who and also get some other people to shave or colour on the day.

If you would like to join the team and/or support the team by making a donation please see teh following links.

World's Greatest Shave - http://www.worldsgreatestshave.com/

Sponsor or Join the team - http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/TeamPage.aspx?Lang=en-CA&TSID=2549

Lucky_Phill
22-01-2009, 06:14 AM
Good news Steve.

" Marlin-Mike " has a stall along side " finga ". Mike also has a small generator and clippers.

Just need a couple more people to put their hands for a " Shave ".

Cheers Phill

TheRealAndy
22-01-2009, 06:37 AM
I can get a genset (mine is too noisy) and I have clippers as well.

finga
22-01-2009, 09:18 AM
I have a gas torch...will that do for the all over??

Looks like dopey me has 'enrolled' twice but I've been in touch with the girls in the right spot.

If I look in the right spot I have some 00 hand clippers just like pop used to use.
They're never been used so they might be okky dokky too.

As a side note...As long as my posteria points to the ground there's no way I'm going to let Webby to my noggin' with his fillet knife.
He might turn all injun' (as 'The Duke' would say) on me and take a good fillet as well as the scales :P

What's some good stuff to rub on the noggin' to get the hair growing??

PinHead
22-01-2009, 04:29 PM
well..as most would know I lost my mum to cancer and her birthday was 12th march so that was why I suggested that date. HOWEVER...to sit at the boaties market with an onion and sausage roll in hand and take happy snaps of this mob being shorn is well worth the money. Money going in tonight Steve.

Ausfish
24-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks again to all those that have either sponsored and/or joined the team.

The team so far

Damien Briais
Nico De Rooy
Scott Fisher
Peter Jensen
Phill Klieese ( Kliese )
Andrew Pearson
Jesse Wallis
Tim Wittle ( Whittle )
Steve Brown

editing by Phill, just for you Timi

Total raised so far - $2,460.00

If you would like to join the team and/or support the team by making a donation please see the following links.

World's Greatest Shave - http://www.worldsgreatestshave.com/

Sponsor or Join the team - http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/TeamPage.aspx?Lang=en-CA&TSID=2549

TimiBoy
25-01-2009, 07:39 AM
The team so far

Damien Briais
Nico De Rooy
Scott Fisher
Peter Jensen
Phill Klieese
Andrew Pearson
Jesse Wallis
Tim Wittle
Steve Brown

Er, that would be Whittle! ;D;D;D

Cheers,

Tim

Ausfish
25-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Sorry Tim, my typo.

TheRealAndy
28-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Come on guys and gals. There are 36,376 members on this forum. If each of you donated just one dollar that would be $36376 that we raise for a very good cause.

Ausfish
28-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Ausfish is currently the 10th highest team in the worlds greatest shave team rankings

As of today the total is $2,720.01. This doesn't include money that team members have had pledged or donated to them that hasn't been put in the system yet.

TheRealAndy
29-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Lets make it the highest team. Couple of dollars is all it takes folks.

Go Here --> http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/TeamPage.aspx?Lang=en-CA&TSID=2549

rob marino
31-01-2009, 06:51 PM
cool. please let me visit the chat rooms now.

finga
01-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Ausfish is currently the 10th highest team in the worlds greatest shave team rankings

As of today the total is $2,720.01. This doesn't include money that team members have had pledged or donated to them that hasn't been put in the system yet.
Well isn't that good. :)
I was lucky enough to get a $100 sponsor last night by some friends who came over for a feed.
I'll be donating 10% of the Fingamajig sales on the day to the kitty and the bloke we got the little plastic boat off said we can have a little plastic boat and keep what-ever we get over $300 so that should be at least another $100 because that's what I paid for ours.

So jigheads and boats will be on offer at the Boaties Market so we can raise a bit more money. ;D

sid_fishes
01-02-2009, 05:33 PM
well i,m signed up, its time to lose the beard. and damn its going to cost some poeple . for those that have not put their hands in their deep pockets, get your act together and donate
cheers guys and see you at the boaties market
ian

sid_fishes
01-02-2009, 07:58 PM
and brian, mate just make sure the razor is sharp, and your hand is steady

kind_cir
02-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Just made a donation of $2, it's not much but I'm out of work and low on funds.
If everyone made a small donation it would help greatly.

Reefmaster
02-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Rigtho I took the plunge and joined to be shaved...... I was reluctant for a second but soon as I thought about the cause I didn't think twice and I hope others can do the same.

Common people get involved and join or atleast donate for a very worthy cause.

Regards,
Greg

Ausfish
02-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Just made a donation of $2, it's not much but I'm out of work and low on funds.
If everyone made a small donation it would help greatly.

Thanks, appreciate your support.

It doesn't matter how big or small your donation is, it all helps.

If everyone who read this donated $2 they would feel great knowing they have helped a good cause.

Ausfish
02-02-2009, 09:51 PM
As of February 2nd

The team so far

Damien Briais
Nico De Rooy
Scott Fisher
Peter Jensen
Phill Kliese
Greg lamprecht
Andrew Pearson
Ian Sharpe
Tim Whittle
Steve Brown

So far we have raised - $3362.06

Nico.d.R
04-02-2009, 07:04 AM
going good guys , if we keep getting donations like we have we should be able to raise a lot more than our target .
so has any body got hold of the breaker girls yet to do the shaving lol .

cheers nico

finga
04-02-2009, 04:49 PM
going good guys , if we keep getting donations like we have we should be able to raise a lot more than our target .
so has any body got hold of the breaker girls yet to do the shaving lol .

cheers nico
Looks like our target has been upped to $10,000

Righto.....this calls for drastic measures.
Now all you blokes I have helped over the years...guess what???
Well now's the time for payback. >:(
Please.... :'(

Ta Scott :)

Marlin_Mike
04-02-2009, 07:34 PM

Ok Scotty, you convinced me. Youve done heaps fopr me, so count me in. Cant do it till next week, but I will put fifty on the table to sponsor you mate. Will do it online next wednesday 11th. Consider it done ;D ;D ;D

Marlin_Mike
04-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Scotty, i am on duty VMR sunday, i will hit up Peter for a donation to you

Mike

dogsbody
04-02-2009, 08:00 PM

Seeing you asked nicely Scotty put me down for $40.

Can this be done without a credit card? I never had such a thing.

Dave

TimiBoy
04-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Given the fundraising total's been upped, I'll have to double my target.

If Kevin gives me $950, half of it will go to the shave. Otherwise I'll have to find another way...

Maybe start reselling Chong's rum?

Cheers,

Tim

Marlin_Mike
05-02-2009, 05:32 AM
How did the 6 cents get there on the end of the amount donated?? :o ::) :P ;D

Mike

finga
05-02-2009, 07:13 AM
Ok Scotty, you convinced me. Youve done heaps fopr me, so count me in. Cant do it till next week, but I will put fifty on the table to sponsor you mate. Will do it online next wednesday 11th. Consider it done ;D ;D ;D

Seeing you asked nicely Scotty put me down for $40.

Can this be done without a credit card? I never had such a thing.

Dave
Well bugger me... That worked :o
Well what can I say guys but...ta. Very generous of you both.
A cuppa and the good biccy barrel will always be out for you both.

Hey Mike...I forgot about Peter. It might be a visit to VMR on Sunday with the donation book and some muffins :)

Dave, call in when-ever and we can sort something out.
I have some stuff here you might be interested in for the big rod build.

Have any of the other 'victims' have any donations in their books??
I have about $130 in there as well.
It looks like those totals cannot be added to the little thermometer until the books are handed in.

Again, thanks guys.
I will remember :)
Scott.

TimiBoy
05-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Have any of the other 'victims' have any donations in their books??
I have about $130 in there as well.
It looks like those totals cannot be added to the little thermometer until the books are handed in.

I just wrote to them because 10 days ago I deposited $150 in donations through BPay and they aren't showing on my total. So I'm at $695, and my $475 from Mr. Rudd, if it's approved, will take that to $1,170!!

Cheers,

Tim

Ausfish
06-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Total as of today is $4,409.06

Well done all. I have a few donations from clients as well that aren't added to the list yet.

I increased the tartget from $5000 to $10000 as we were getting close to the $5000 mark. Not 100% sure why you have to enter a target as what ever we get is what we get and its all good.

Keep up te good work

Thanks to all those that have donated so far.

We are currently the 6th highest team, lets see if we can get into the top 5

Team NameTotal
1.Emergency Crew Cut (http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/TeamPage.aspx?EventID=9529&LangPref=en-CA&TeamID=32724) $21,311.00
2.Mel's Fan Club (http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/TeamPage.aspx?EventID=9529&LangPref=en-CA&TeamID=32157)$17,452.00
3.Melonhead (http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/TeamPage.aspx?EventID=9529&LangPref=en-CA&TeamID=32944) $8,124.00
4.WHK Bathurst (http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/TeamPage.aspx?EventID=9529&LangPref=en-CA&TeamID=32183) $5,843.40
5.Lav's Shave for a Cure (http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/TeamPage.aspx?EventID=9529&LangPref=en-CA&TeamID=32262) $5,674.00
6.Ausfish (http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/TeamPage.aspx?EventID=9529&LangPref=en-CA&TeamID=32888) $4,409.06
7.Diamond Valley Shavers (http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/TeamPage.aspx?EventID=9529&LangPref=en-CA&TeamID=32173) $4,018.45
8.Privacy requested$3,726.80
9.Seppelt Hair Razors (http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/TeamPage.aspx?EventID=9529&LangPref=en-CA&TeamID=32801) $3,224.00
10.UK Gappies (http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/TeamPage.aspx?EventID=9529&LangPref=en-CA&TeamID=32236) $3,177.55

Raesen
12-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Hi Steve and the team. Sorry guys I have been out of the game for the last 3 -4 weeks.

Finally contacted all my clients etc so hopefully some more donations should start to come in for the team.

Cheers guys and well done to all
Pete

Ausfish
15-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Total as of today - $5,299.06

Thanks to everyone for their support

PinHead
24-02-2009, 05:14 AM
A very good friend made a suggestion on the weekend..conduct an auction on the day so that you can pay to shave someones head? Now how much to shave Steve Brown or any of the other participants' heads????

Should I come armed with appropriate equipment and who should I bid for?????

TimiBoy
24-02-2009, 05:23 AM
A very good friend made a suggestion on the weekend..conduct an auction on the day so that you can pay to shave someones head? Now how much to shave Steve Brown or any of the other participants' heads????

I don't care how much you bid, Greg, I will not permit you to shave my head. I consider my risk of infection too great.

Tim

finga
24-02-2009, 07:17 AM

Good idea :)
I actually came across some brand spanking new rechargeable clippers that could be auctioned off for the privilege of doing the shearing.
I have 4 sets so might see if I can get some more.
No chance of cross contamination of my kootees to the rest either :-[

TheRealAndy
25-02-2009, 09:28 PM
How did the 6 cents get there on the end of the amount donated?? :o ::) :P ;D

Mike

That was my deadbeat mates trying to outbid each other! The person who donates the most goes to the top of the list of sponsors, so they were donating $50.01, 50.05 etc.

Raesen
02-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi guys I'm the one doing the colour thing. Minister for Finance won't go the shave thing and I agree. Did it 8 years or so ago and not pretty.

Just ticked over the $1000.00 for the team with money banked and already in the system. :D Need more though.

Steve or any body - March 15 Boaties Market. Where is it to be held and what time do we need to be there. Please let me know.

Cheers all - and members - donate what you can. $2 bucks from the guy earlier in this thread was fantastic to see Thanks mate.

See you on the 15th.

Pete

Ausfish
02-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Our total so far is - $5,784.06

Shave is at the Boaties market on the 15th.

See the following thread for info on the Boaties Market - http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=141447

There ar also public venues around teh country, see http://worldsgreatestshave.com.au/events/

DeadWater
03-03-2009, 08:33 AM
I have no hair

Lucky_Phill
03-03-2009, 08:23 PM
shave a leg.

an arm ?

Raesen
04-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Hey Phil there is all sorts of parts of the anatomy one could shave for fund raising. But one may get arrested if its done in a pubic.... sorry public place. Thank god for spell check.

Pete

TheRealAndy
04-03-2009, 09:25 AM
What is the plan for the boaties market? What time will the shaving kick off?

I have a yacht club race that day, so I will need to get in and out as early as possible.

PS. I never made the $1000 mark so the leg waxing wont occur... phew...

Raesen
04-03-2009, 01:51 PM
What is the plan for the boaties market? What time will the shaving kick off?

I have a yacht club race that day, so I will need to get in and out as early as possible.

PS. I never made the $1000 mark so the leg waxing wont occur... phew...

So how much did you have to tip in to get over the 1K mark so as you didnt have to shave legs??????

Just kidding and congrats.

See you there on the 15th and if you hear of a time please let me know (PM).

Cheers and thanks
Pete

TheRealAndy
04-03-2009, 02:59 PM
So how much did you have to tip in to get over the 1K mark so as you didnt have to shave legs??????

Just kidding and congrats.

See you there on the 15th and if you hear of a time please let me know (PM).

Cheers and thanks
Pete

No the goal was $1000, if I made that I said I would have my legs waxed. Have not made $1000 yet...

Raesen
04-03-2009, 04:12 PM
No the goal was $1000, if I made that I said I would have my legs waxed. Have not made $1000 yet...

Sorry mate I read it all wrong. Good luck to you.

Cheers
Pete

Lucky_Phill
04-03-2009, 06:18 PM
I reckon 9am should be a good time to do IT ???????

all in favour ?????

phill

TimiBoy
04-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Aye....

Tim

PinHead
04-03-2009, 08:11 PM
9am..my travel agent isn't open that early for me to even find out how to get there.

Raesen
05-03-2009, 12:48 AM
9 am is cool with me.

Cheers Pete

sid_fishes
06-03-2009, 05:19 PM
i,m good for it. a question but if i decide to do the colour thing[ and maybe a mohawk] who will do that? god i hope they know what they are doing.
and now for the rest of the poeple that i have worked for ,its time to contact me before i contact you, its money for a good cause, and you got your work at a great rate.
cheers ian

PinHead
08-03-2009, 04:45 AM
One week to go...come on all..time to chip in with a few bucks..if you have ever witnessed the decline of loved ones with any form of cancer you will know what a horrific disease it is...the sooner a prevention or cure is available the better.

It takes money..lots of it for the research to continue...the few bucks you put in may even save your own life..so how about it..toss in a few bucks.

PinHead
08-03-2009, 04:46 AM
i,m good for it. a question but if i decide to do the colour thing[ and maybe a mohawk] who will do that? god i hope they know what they are doing.
and now for the rest of the poeple that i have worked for ,its time to contact me before i contact you, its money for a good cause, and you got your work at a great rate.
cheers ian

no colour mate..the goatee is gone.

Ausfish
08-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Total so far is $6,649.06

One week to go.

9am is fine by me.

My sister inlaw is a hairdresser and will be there to do the deed. Unless someone wants to make a hefty donation to have the honor.

Black_Rat
08-03-2009, 05:24 PM
9am is good for me, i'll be making the rounds at work this week to get some last minute $$$

Damo.

TimiBoy
08-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Mumsy Wumsy is shopping for a wig for me. I think I will be frustrated for a while after this is done, 'till the hair grows back...

I hope this sacrifice will be appreciated!!!

Cheers,

Tim

wags on the water
08-03-2009, 09:07 PM
As most of you know my situation as far as $$$ go, but I'll proudly give a couple of dollars for the worthy cause.

Cheers,
Wags

finga
11-03-2009, 04:02 PM
I've got another fund raising idea...:bulb2:
Who'll donate $10 if I can sell Webby a jighead on Sunday??
Any takers?? ::)
It might convert him to the darkside....might not too ;D
It'll be like selling a porkchop to a pig or a fridge to an Eskimo I reckon :-[

levinge
11-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Good luck guys, be thinking of you, unfortunately with all the scars in the top of my melon from footy and youthful stupidity, the top of my noggin looks like a UBD.

Scarey enough to give small children nightmares, the face too

PinHead
11-03-2009, 06:50 PM
I've got another fund raising idea...:bulb2:
Who'll donate $10 if I can sell Webby a jighead on Sunday??
Any takers?? ::)
It might convert him to the darkside....might not too ;D
It'll be like selling a porkchop to a pig or a fridge to an Eskimo I reckon :-[

hahahahaha..that would be a sight to see..webby with a jighead in his hand..he is like me..would not have the faintest idea what to do with it.
If he goes to that pathetic darkside I ain;t going fishing with him again....already running out of bait fishos to go fishing with...fishing is all about a winters night..smell of chook guts on your hands and a bottle of green ginger...and no bloody artificial crap within cooee.
I'll give ya $20 not to try and sell him one....this bloody shave thing is starting to get expensive.

webby
11-03-2009, 07:48 PM
I'll give you 20 if you can sell me one.
Just a query, does it come with a rubber thing attached ???

Tangles
11-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Ill add 20 as well if you can get Webby to take one

Black_Rat
11-03-2009, 08:19 PM
I've managed to get another $45 at work through cash donations to be added to the tally.

Most are holding off until they see the results on Monday ;D

I can see it now walking around with my donation bucket Monday morning at work. "Well I did it !" they then turn around and start rolling around in fits of laughter ;D;D ;D "You've had your laugh, now cough up !" :rifle: ;D

Damo

tackle61
11-03-2009, 11:47 PM
;D good on yas
i work in age care,,,,,one of our carers is shaving 2morrow
good on yas:)

finga
12-03-2009, 06:14 AM
I'll give you 20 if you can sell me one.
Just a query, does it come with a rubber thing attached ???
Gunna have to work on this one ::)

It's a pity I can't use the buggers either.
Give me stinky bait any day of the week.

Ausfish
15-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Thank you all

Thank you to all those that took part, sponsored, organised, etc.

Online donations at the moment stand at $7199.06

We raised another $157.00 at the boaties market today.

I have $115.00 to add from donations from work this week and some of the others have donations that will be added once all receipt books are returned.

You can still donate, just click the link below to sponsor the team.

Will post some pics soon

PinHead
15-03-2009, 02:50 PM
well done to those that had the shave today...congratulations for the funds raised.

Ausfish
15-03-2009, 03:19 PM
. .

Ausfish
15-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Second lot .

Ausfish
15-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Last one, battery died.

Please post up pics that you have.

Marlin_Mike
15-03-2009, 03:48 PM
A few someone took on my camera for me, Hopefully can edit the video and post it early this week

Mike

DR
15-03-2009, 04:21 PM
no wonder i didn't chat to anyone today, i didn't recognise anyone..
well done on the money raised..finga PM sent..

dogsbody
15-03-2009, 08:19 PM
A few someone took on my camera for me, Hopefully can edit the video and post it early this week

Mike

Hope I did good with the pics Mike.

Well done to those who got shaved and colored,,, give yourselves a pat on the head,,,, Benny Hill stlye.

Dave

TimiBoy
15-03-2009, 08:37 PM
some pics...

Damo, stop crying, Mate!

wags on the water
16-03-2009, 06:17 AM
How did that cripple get his photo in there...:P

Marlin_Mike
16-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Pics were good Dave.

Good to see you out and about Wags. Was a great day

Mike

Chris Ryan
16-03-2009, 02:50 PM
That was a very funny morning, but to see so many wind back the years with a bit of hair missing is amazing. Finga looked like a spring chicken!

Well done to all and great money raised to help many in need.

Cheers,
Chris

Reefmaster
17-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks for organising the shave Steve and others involved. Great to see we raised some good money for this fantastic cause. I feel I should be in underbelly now and gee don't people like to stare at a bald bloke. lol

I ended up with 30 sponsors and raised $1615.00 so far with maybe a little bit more coming this week. Some of my Sponsers were very generous and a huge thanks goes to BushnBeach for their $250.00 donation and Johnny Hyde owner of the Bolt King for his $500.00 donation.

If your after anything to do with nuts, bolts plus much more (stainless bolts and screws for boats) either for personal use or large qauntities for your business then go see the Bolt king or look at them on the web. http://www.boltking.com.au/

Regards,
Greg

Ausfish
05-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Looks like the final figure is in - $7,883.06

You can still donate if you like - http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/personalPage.aspx?SID=44922