PDA

View Full Version : Wivenhoe Help

Bundybird
12-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Hoping to get up to Big W late today and camp and hit the water early in the morning(tuesday) with my young bloke aged 4. As i have not been there in a while (60% last time)any any info on spots to try would be greatly appreciated. Launching from the camp grounds at Logans. Should i maybe go up or down dam. Have two batteries to use. I have read on fishnet about platypus cllifs and that area approx how long is the run to there. Mostly fished out of Hamon Cove the few times i went up there. Will be trolling and casting. Thanks.

aussiebasser
12-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Two batteries probably won't get you to Platypus Cliffs and back. That area is not fishing all that well at the moment anyway. The most success I've had recently is between the mouth of Logan Inlet and the big bend downstream.

Bundybird
12-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the reply AUSSIEBASSER were you casting the edges or trolling

Jungle Jim
12-01-2009, 03:55 PM
you might want to check out jeremy 87's recent report on wivenhoe in the freshwater report section.

His fish were caught castinng form the bank which is probably suited to fishing with the young fella.

hope this helps

JIM

Bundybird
14-01-2009, 06:39 AM
Unfortunatly didnt get the time to go. Went up to hinze with the young bloke instead. Fishing was quiet only one at 38 on surface early with nothing else happening. Thanks for the info hope to get to Big W soon.

Fitzy
14-01-2009, 10:19 PM
you might want to check out jeremy 87's recent report on wivenhoe in the freshwater report section.

His fish were caught castinng form the bank which is probably suited to fishing with the young fella.

hope this helps

JIM

He may not have been in the permitted recreation access area.

If they were where I think they were, it could be a little dangerous taking a 4 year old there. :)

BB,

There are alot of bass are in the no boating zone at the moment, I wouldn't expect to be catching alot of bass unless the lake rises significantly or the water cools in Autumn. There are still some bass upto the Logans area, I'd be fishing the edges of rocky banks & submerged weeds/grasses for individual bass out hunting.

Lots of forkies to be caught atm. Belting lures & running hard. ;D