PDA

View Full Version : QLD freshwater fishing permit and gays

finga
11-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Gidday all,
The last time I got my permit I read a bit about who needs one.
According to the site only one license per couple so wifes and de-factos do not need to buy a license.
So what if your significant other is of the same gender??
can you get away with the one permit or do both need one??
http://www2.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/1339.html

NAGG
11-01-2009, 06:48 PM
why do you ask ::)

Luc
11-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Fishing must be slow!!

'One permit per couple' If same gender couples are recognised under Qld law, then can't see any problems.

I'd take the words in brackets (married or de facto), simply as examples and not the authoritative list.

It would be a brave enforcer to issue a fine to a same gender couple on the basis that they're not male/female.

The political correctness police would be possitively frothing at the mouth and the legal eagles lining up in droves!!

Luc

struktcha_man
11-01-2009, 07:29 PM
doubt it would matter
cant see em taking you to court for it :D

cheers

aussiebasser
11-01-2009, 07:46 PM
If you are a legitimate couple and both names are on the permit, I'm sure it would be OK. If you're looking for a loophole, make sure both names are on the permit, or you could end up like Paul Hogan and Michael Caton in Strange Bedfellows.

aussiebasser
11-01-2009, 07:48 PM
why do you ask ::)

Why? Are you interested?

NAGG
11-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Why? Are you interested?

Not if you're asking;D

finga
11-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Fishing must be slow!!

'
Luc
Yep, sure is. :(
Just a post where a couple of blokes going fishing in the freshwater reports made me think a bit. Not saying they're that way inclined or in fact there's anything wrong with that but it just made me think.

Steve B
11-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Scott,

It would be pretty easy for the inspector to prove they were telling the truth or lying!!!

"Ok boys.....proooove it!!!"

Ha Ha ha;D;)Steve

finga
11-01-2009, 08:57 PM
If you are a legitimate couple and both names are on the permit, I'm sure it would be OK. If you're looking for a loophole, make sure both names are on the permit, or you could end up like Paul Hogan and Michael Caton in Strange Bedfellows.
So what if you have a yearly license and you change partners??
A few would be in this boat

Scott,

It would be pretty easy for the inspector to prove they were telling the truth or lying!!!

Ha Ha ha;D;)Steve
Oh boy...either busted or shy :-[

NAGG
11-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Scott,

Ha Ha ha;D;)Steve

Thats Sick Steve ! :-X

Steve B
11-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Thats Sick Steve ! :-X

OK, I will edit my response to make it more suited to the current audience!!!!

Inspectors says " OK GIRLS....proooove it"

Is that better;D;D

Steve

fsh00
11-01-2009, 10:45 PM
I had a couple of mates up from NSW and put them on the same permit LOL
lucky we didn't get pulled up, all good fun.

FNQCairns
11-01-2009, 11:12 PM
I think they left it out because it wouldn't apply anyway.

...Ohhhhh.......a freshwater fishing permit, yeah they should fix that.

;D;D;D;D

cheers fnq

NAGG
12-01-2009, 05:53 AM
OK, I will edit my response to make it more suited to the current audience!!!!

Inspectors says " OK GIRLS....proooove it"

Is that better;D;D

Steve

Much nicer ..... Thank you :P

aussiebasser
12-01-2009, 07:07 AM
So what if you have a yearly license and you change partners??
A few would be in this boat

Yep, all couples are in the same boat there. You get your new partner to buy their own permit. If they love you they'll pay the $ to be with you!

Magella
12-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Finga,
We sell permits and we get asked that question all the time usually by blokes who just want to save $7 we answer the it the same way Steve did and say that one of the inspectors needs to see a bit of tongue in the kisses. This usually makes them buy 2 permits.
Otherwise true gays thats classed as a de facto relationship.

Cheers Foxie

flairj
12-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Trying to screw the SIP system that stocks the fish you are trying to catch.............. that, would be pretty "gay"

I am about as cheap as the come but I don't have any problem with "user pays" systems like the SIP. It's like $30 for a year and most people fit into two types of fisho. Those who fish all the time and it's like 20c a session and those that fish once a year and let's face it, $7 for a weekly (or whatever it is) is the smallest cost for those people as they buy a new $40 Shakespeare combo every year, plus a pack of prawns (saltwater of course), a couple of pots for redclaw and a case of rum cans.

finga
12-01-2009, 06:44 PM
I could not agree more with what your saying matey.
But as a hypothetical it's a bit better then the old 'how can I catch a barra?' questions.

Tropicaltrout
12-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Cant comment after Steves girls imput, got the picture and guess whos the inspector???:cowboy: ;D ;D

Nath

BrewGuru
12-01-2009, 09:32 PM
sounds like it could make a great movie "breakback lake"

jeffrey_h
13-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Not sure if I should ask now, but we will need a permit for NSW saltwater fishing in July, that web site does not mention couples, but like Qld kids under 18 for free.

I know the money goes to a good cause.

I know last year we paid 1 fee for fishing in a Qld dam, for the wife and I and son was free.

Jeffrey

Ausfish is always there for a laugh.

NAGG
13-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Not sure if I should ask now, but we will need a permit for NSW saltwater fishing in July, that web site does not mention couples, but like Qld kids under 18 for free.

I know the money goes to a good cause.

I know last year we paid 1 fee for fishing in a Qld dam, for the wife and I and son was free.

Jeffrey

Ausfish is always there for a laugh.

As far as I know ..... once you are over 18 you need a licence in NSW ...... no partner allowance

PinHead
13-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Scott,

Ha Ha ha;D;)Steve

the immediate response to that would be..you prove you are heterosexual first

Steve B
13-01-2009, 09:01 PM
the immediate response to that would be..you prove you are heterosexual first

Yeah Pinhead, that would be a great comeback!! ;D Probably about $320 worth of fun!!:P

Steve