PDA

View Full Version : current rules and rugulations, size limits etc. does ausfish have them and why not

shauno83
11-01-2009, 11:26 AM
hello people, really new with ausfish, still tryin to work out all the bits and pieces. quite computer iliterite>:( . but does ausfish have all the new and updated size limits, bag limits, green zones etc. and if not why not . would be really handy.....what ya think;)

chewy01
11-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Do a search mate ,the boys posted it all up last week.
chewy..

Lucky_Phill
11-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Why not ? Ausfish is an internet based privately owned fishing forum for registered members and guests.

It is not an official DPI&F website and therefore, even if you are new to computers etc, a simple search of the DPI&F website will answer all your questions.

having said that, the " News " section on Ausfish has great threads about all sorts of information regarding rules and regulations.

Use Ausfish's search area to locate what you need.

Cheers Phill

Lucky_Phill
11-01-2009, 11:46 AM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=143695

mangomick
12-01-2009, 04:46 AM
The rules are changing so fast theres no broadband width fast enough to keep up with them:P

Jeremy
12-01-2009, 07:51 AM
there are people on ausfish from all Australian States and Territories, as well as overseas countries. Should ausfish have copies of all fishing regs, pro and amateur, for all countries? I think not.

Jeremy

honda900
12-01-2009, 03:45 PM
The reality is that the QLD government should get their s^*t together and produce a single document that contains all the current rules and regulations from all of the relevant Departments and provide it free of charge to the general public.

It is becoming too hard to remember all the current legislation, this document should be released on a yearly basis and available every where..

Fat chance this will occur though..

Regards
Honda.

bundylundy
13-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Fisheries(Qld.) do have handouts with the current regulations, contact your local boating and fisheries office for a copy or go to Fishweb site either way they are available.

Jeff

Nic
14-01-2009, 07:29 AM
In case you haven't found them yet:

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/cps/rde/dpi/hs.xsl/28_2981_ENA_HTML.htm

the gecko
14-01-2009, 07:56 AM
I think the new regs should be a 'sticky'.

Ausfish
14-01-2009, 12:48 PM
No we do not have the rules for all states on the site. We started doing it 15 years ago as the Government websites were too hard to locate and navigate. With the rules changing, and the legal ramifications, etc. we no longer provide the info.

Please see your relevant state authorities website for full details.

Or the News section for some of the latest info as stated above.

Fisheries use to post this info on the site themselves but they have not made a post since Dec 2004. http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/member.php?u=33155

reidy
15-01-2009, 02:27 PM
there are people on ausfish from all Australian States and Territories, as well as overseas countries. Should ausfish have copies of all fishing regs, pro and amateur, for all countries? I think not.

Jeremy
Thats reality Jeremy,We are from all over the place and rules and regs change far to frequently to keep up.I can see it now BUT AUSFISH SAID XXXXmm WAS THE LEGAL SIZE FOR A YYYYYYY BUT I WAS CHARGED FOR A UNDERSIZED FISH IN TASSIE OR THE FORUM WAS TO SLOW TO PICK UP THE CHANGE AND I GOT BOOKED IT,S ALL AUSFISHES FAULT.WE SHOULD ALL KNOW THE RULES BEFORE WE FISH AND THE BEST PLACE TO FIND THEM IS WITH-IN EACH STATES FISHERIES GUIDE.IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO FIND.
Cheers
Reidy