PDA

View Full Version : Wivenhoe launching areas

flairj
10-01-2009, 04:37 PM
So after a few good reports lately from Wivenhoe I think I'll give it a shot tomorrow morning as I have a serious "Bass Itch" and I don't need to take the petrol off the back.

So after a quick study of sweetwater, I thinking the steep banks near the main body of water early on and maybe a bit of deeper stuff depending on how it goes. But I can't seem to find where the best spot to launch near the main basin is on google maps or the mud map on sweetwater (one shows full the other shows low water) and the most obvious one if you turn right at the end of Hay Rd im Wivenhoe Hill seems to have you launching in the "no boating" area.

So, a little help please, can anyone advise the best spot to put in so I'm not driving around for hours in the wee hours of the morning wasting good bite time. I have a GPS in the car so feel free to put road names down.

All help appreciated and I'll put up a report tomorrow night, Josh

StevenM
10-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Mate

Unless you have a key to the sailing club or are a member of any of the fishing clubs which lease access to the dam, the only place is Logans Inlet.

Head through Fernvale, over the dam wall and is about 10 km on your right. Well sign posted.

Head out of the inlet and you will come to a fork. Left will ahve steep banks, works ok through there, or straghit ahead of you you will see a weather boy. Fish hang around that sucker.

They are where you find them, If you come across big schools its usually meows. To get bass, fish fast. Slow will get ya cats, meows and pigs.

Bundybird
11-01-2009, 06:23 AM
Is there enough water to launch at Hamon Cove yet.

StevenM
11-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Is there enough water to launch at Hamon Cove yet.
Gates are still closed

flairj
11-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Well, I got there by about 6 this morning and launched at Logans.

Nothing inside that inlet but made the trip out the far side of the main body of the lake towards the steeper banks and pelicans. First cast and my spinnerbait was hit as soon as it hit the water (before I even engaged the reel). Damn Catties. Worked about 300m of good looking bank alternating between a 1/2oz OSP spinnerbait and a Megabass Smatra "one knocker" in Table Rock Shad and picked up a fat little 38cm on the spinnerbait. Two more catties after that and called it a day.

A good enough first crack at Big W and I at least got one Bass for my trouble.

Thanks for the help, Josh