PDA

View Full Version : Canoe Trip-Murray Darling

schoesno1
09-01-2009, 09:05 PM
hey all
its been a long time since i visited the forums but i had an idea which im interested in and i want to know if anyone has tried or done it already. i thought of doing a canoe trip from the start of the darling river all the way to the murray mouth at the coorong. i live in adelaide. if anyone has tried this or knows any reason or piece of information about why it is or is not possible to do please post it. the trip wouldnt be only for the purpose of fishing but there would still be a lot of that happening.
any help would be great
cheers;D

Gordie
10-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Mate this is a trip many would love to do.

I remember a few years ago it was on news broadcasts that there was a bloke doing it solo and I think he got hassled quite a bit along the way. The yobbo factor.

I would be going as a group if I were you for safety reasons and if you can get others interested then consider a support vehicle.

This would take care of a lot of the heavy gear as I believe you will run into several weirs and obstructions along the way.

I am sure more info will be forthcoming. You may want to place a search on the Kayak section of this site also.

Good luck.

Regards Gordon

lippa
10-01-2009, 05:57 PM
abc done a series not to long ago, called two men in a tinny. was a really good show to watch.
basically done what you are considering, all be it in a small power craft.
the were basically logging the plight of the severly abused waterway.
you could buy it from any abc store i would beleive.

http://shop.abc.net.au/browse/product.asp?productid=738492

cheers

lippa