PDA

View Full Version : Quintrex Lean Seat

BR65
09-01-2009, 08:07 PM
I must be getting old, but Im looking for one of those lean seats for the bow of my 4 meter hornet. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or has one in good nic they want to move on?

cheers
brian

Obi _ Wan
09-01-2009, 08:46 PM
G'Day Brian,

I have one of those in my hornet, i bought it after i got the boat, not cheap mate!

You should be able to get Crew Marine at Redcliffe to get you one or failing that try Northside at Boondall.

Great things they are i suffer from a bad back and can only stand for a short time but leaning on the seat i can cast for barra for hours at a time.

Good luck mate.

Cheers,
John.

Peter4
09-01-2009, 08:53 PM
I must be getting old

LOL - amazing what having a birthday does to your state of mind you poor old bugger!;D ;D

We manufactured our own 'lean seat' by buying a pedestal for a table ($50), a seat base for the pedestal ($20) and a second-hand lean seat from Ausfish for $25.......works OK

NAGG
09-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Good luck in your search Brian ........ I feel its one of those things that once you have one - ya dont get rid of them8-)

Chris

BR65
10-01-2009, 08:59 AM
Geez your a cruel man pete, bloke has a sore back and and your into him...;D

Thanks John, I'l go down to Crew this morning, I know it wont be cheap though.

Chris, do you use yours on the dams up here, I know your a casting nut as well, how do you find em?

TonyM
10-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Hi Brian

I looked around quite a bit after I got my hornet. Basically the quintrex seat mount (hole in the deck) is a different size to the aftermarket seats. In the end I got mine via the local quintrex dealer who had to order one in. I wanted the longest one they had and it was around $80 for the post without the seat from memory (I allready had the seat)

It makes life so much easier for us geriatrics (welcome to the club) ;D

Cheers
Tony

finga
10-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Gees I must be old because I need the lounge to sit on.

Bias sell the lean seat.

NAGG
10-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Geez your a cruel man pete, bloke has a sore back and and your into him...;D

Thanks John, I'l go down to Crew this morning, I know it wont be cheap though.

Chris, do you use yours on the dams up here, I know your a casting nut as well, how do you find em?

Yeh Brian ...... Pretty well always....
I went for an after market one (Springfield) The benefit being that the post is adjustable which means you can have the seat up high (butt crack) when you are casting (brace) .... or lower & using it pretty well as a seat when moving on the leccy8-)
They really come into their own when fishing a choppy place like Awoonga!

Chris

nipsta
10-01-2009, 10:01 PM
i have on for mine and i love it its great it take the wieght off ya for a bit and you can drive the leeccy quiet easy i know bcf sell the and also whitworths but i recomend getting the adjustable one as if its to long a post its not that comfortable brian