PDA

View Full Version : Borumba troubles

shane 234
09-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Ok guys no one is allowed to laugh, we left this morning to have a go at borumba. put the pots in near the dam wall baited with liver. We then had a go up the kingam arm casting hard bodies, plastic frogs and spinners towards the bank side snags. with no luck so far we tried the same technique up the yabba arm. we spooked what appeared to be a saratoga and had a decent hit.
but that was it for the day! and we didnt get any redclaw bugger!
Can anyone suggest what we might have to done wrong??
this was our first time chasing bass and saratoga at this dam from a boat.
Cheers,
Shane.

DEANO68
09-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Ok guys no one is allowed to laugh, we left this morning to have a go at borumba. put the pots in near the dam wall baited with liver. We then had a go up the kingam arm casting hard bodies, plastic frogs and spinners towards the bank side snags. with no luck so far we tried the same technique up the yabba arm. we spooked what appeared to be a saratoga and had a decent hit.
but that was it for the day! and we didnt get any redclaw bugger!
Can anyone suggest what we might have to done wrong??
this was our first time chasing bass and saratoga at this dam from a boat.
Cheers,
Shane.

hi shane ,dont think your doin anything wrong, it can be a hard place to fish sometimes when the fish dont want to play, been there done that , just try to fish the surface early then subsurface when the sun gets a bit high, or look in the deeper parts of the dam for schools of bait near the bottom and throw some jackell style lures down there or plastics..as for the red claw try round the bays in 6ft ish water use spuds 1/2 baked 20mins in veg oil..
deano..

Leigh77
10-01-2009, 09:16 AM
I would have to agree with Deano...You read all these reports of the fish firing at Borumba, then you catch nothing! Borumba is a very Hit or Miss dam...When the fish shutdown, the really do shutdown.

So be confident in what you are doing, be willing change tactics and maybe think outside the square and you will get them...one day!

Leigh.

NAGG
10-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Shane ..... It's not often that you can go to a new dam & crack the code at the first attempt - Let alone when you target a new species.......... part of the fun of going to a new destination!
Keep trying & mix it up - Topwater early , deep water , spinnerbaits , divers & plastics of varying nature ( & fly) ......... I will when I go to Borumba in the next month or so - cant wait

Chris

darylive
10-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Yes Chris, so true.

Maybe even try a troll:oops: ;D;D;D

NAGG
10-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Yes Chris, so true.

Maybe even try a troll:oops: ;D;D;D

I wont discount it at a new destination while I'm exploring ....... I mighten like it - but I'll do it :P

Chris

darylive
11-01-2009, 11:22 AM
....... I mighten like it - but I'll do it :P

Chris

As the actress said to the bishop :P