PDA

View Full Version : Cruiser catches fire on Moreton Bay

levinge
09-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Did anyone catch the story on the News, big cruiser caught fire from an underfloor fire, looks like they couldn't put it out and had to abandon ship.

Hope they weren't Ausfisho's!!!

Firies weren't nearby so the vessel ended up burning to the waterline.

Sad to see any vessel go that way...

robersl
09-01-2009, 07:54 PM
bloke i know keeps his boat at the same marina and he was there over xmas , said the boat was taking on water and the bilge was working overtime he said brown stain on side of boat from the bilge water he alerted marina staff to the problem ,hope they got it fixed before they went out if not it is fixed now

shane

levinge
09-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Hope his insurance company doesn't find this info out or it might not be cutting a cheque to him!!!

Fishbait
10-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Hope all on board are safe. Talking about Insurance companies, they even check chat sites like My Space to check out people out as well - thats the thing about the internet I guess - everyone gets to read what people put up. Cheers, Darren.

Steve B
10-01-2009, 08:35 PM
bloke i know keeps his boat at the same marina and he was there over xmas , said the boat was taking on water and the bilge was working overtime he said brown stain on side of boat from the bilge water he alerted marina staff to the problem ,hope they got it fixed before they went out if not it is fixed now

shane

Brown stains would have been in more places than the side of the boat when she went up!! looked pretty bad. glad they are OK!!

steve

levinge
10-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Guess Moreton Bay now has a new artificial reef, wonder if the VMR and Water Police have the mark???

Fishbait
12-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Guess Moreton Bay now has a new artificial reef, wonder if the VMR and Water Police have the mark???

Maritime Safety normally publish the GPS marks such as these incidents as a danger notifcation in their weekly email notifications.