PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to VMR, Coast Guard and Paradise Point Marine

Jabba_
09-01-2009, 03:12 PM
What a day Thursday was, went out looking for those Black's, and I had been trolling around the 12-18 fathoms of the seaway.. I had 1 hit, no hook ups.. Decided to head to Cotton Reef hoping it was holding more bait fish... The swell was short and steep and I copped a few good bangs... Any way I took one too many bangs and my motor shut down and I couldn't restart....I lifted the cowl and checked the fuses,,, all were good. This is great I thought to myself..

I then radioed for help through VMR Seaway Tower, as I was logged on with them. Long story short, I was referred to Coast Guard, but they weren't able to hear me clearly, so Seaway Tower acted as the go between....Coast Guard came and got me, and then towed back to Loaders Creek and we filled out the form for Coast Guard.... I'm a member off VMR, so I was not charged a tow fee... Regardless, I am buying a membership with Coast guard anyway..

Thank you Southport VMR and Coast Guard for your help and services...

I would also like to thank Jim @ Paradise Point Marine.. Jim and his mechanic fixed the problem quickly and I collected my boat today..

The problem was a wire that disconnected from the ignition behind the dash.... They reattached and crimped it on tight... So tomorrow I'm back on the water...

So Thank you Jim, your service was great and I will recommend you to others that can use your services....

Matt

Jabba_
09-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Ice Knight, my story above is why you should never ignore a person in distress on the water.... I keep my boat 100% tip top shape, but sometimes shit happens and we/you might need help... 12km is a long way to row a 6m boat...

levinge
09-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Hey Jabba, I wouldn't even try rowing my 6m boat, I'd just be going in circles. Good to see the Coastguard guys coming to rescue again.
It's always the small parts that go, glad you got home okay..

Chimo
09-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Hi Jabba

It was bad enough / uncomfortable earlier in the week, 1.7 plus on top of 2m and all over the place; you really were keen!

Good to see the Coast Guard were able to help out, even during the week. Would have been a fairly uncomfortable tow in though. Have heard some good things about PPM so nice to see they are still firing too.

The Seaway Tower Crew do a stirling job, we are lucky to have such good total support on the GC.

Cheers
Chimo

laney
09-01-2009, 08:59 PM
how do you go about joining the VMR and coast gaurd. can you do it online or through one of the branches.

whats the general cost as i think i will join both

-tyler

goldfish
10-01-2009, 10:54 AM
how do you go about joining the VMR and coast gaurd. can you do it online or through one of the branches.

-tyler
just go to one of there branches or call them & some can do it over the phone. i think there all about the same. jacabs well (beenliegh) vmr is about $70. & worth every penny. they have helped me out on 2 accosions over the past 20years.

mik01
10-01-2009, 11:10 AM

-tyler

download and fill out the form on your local vmr website - www.vmraq.org.au (http://www.vmraq.org.au)

take it in person or post it to your nearest vmr location with payment details (ie C/C).

costs $60 at Raby Bay VMR

laney
10-01-2009, 07:37 PM
thanks guys, ill certainly be joining to support these guys as they do a lot for little in return. also to help rescue my ass when i brake down :-/

-tyler

ffejsmada
10-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Can you imagine the crap you would have copped Jabba had it been a problem with your ETEC?????;D;D

By the way, it's iceknight, not white knight.;)

Glad everything turned out ok.

Jabba_
10-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Yeah it would be 25 pages long by now if it was a problem with the motor.. But hey, how many of those E-tec bashers would off check out this thread only to be disappointed that it was loose wire that cause the drama. I recon dean1 would off been in tears that he couldn't give me a dig in the ribs. Hehehehehe.. Incidentally I had clocked 105hrs on the motor when the wire came loose, and I put another 5hr on it today towing the kids on the tube at Paradise Point for my son's Birthday.. He turned 9 today...

Thanks for the tip, I have corrected Ice Knights name in post 2...

levinge
10-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks Jabba, just checked my wiring, 100hrs on the honda and wires firmly in place, guess it must be the sturdy HONDA construction!!! TIC

the gecko
11-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Hi Jabba,
Paradise Pt marine have helped me a lot too, theyre great. Theres been a few times over the years that I couldnt start at the ramp, and hes always been happy to look at the boat, no charge, on the spot. So when it came time for maintenance, he got my business.

He said he reads ausfish a lot, but never posts.......

cheers
Andrew

ps- did you sell the house? I sold my house and business and moved to hervey bay a few months ago.

Jabba_
11-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi Jabba,
Paradise Pt marine have helped me a lot too, theyre great. Theres been a few times over the years that I couldnt start at the ramp, and hes always been happy to look at the boat, no charge, on the spot. So when it came time for maintenance, he got my business.

He said he reads ausfish a lot, but never posts.......

cheers
Andrew

ps- did you sell the house? I sold my house and business and moved to Hervey bay a few months ago.
I will be using Paridise Point Marine alot more often also...

It didn't sell, but I know my price was high for the market conditions at the time. But I had a plan and I stuck to it... I re-listed the house on Friday, after a few goods sales in neighbouring streets.. I hope to sell this time round, I have my heart set on buying Queenslander....

the gecko
11-01-2009, 03:51 PM
its hard to say whether things are better or worse than last year. A few recent sales from neighbors is encouraging tho. Youve got a good location.

Good luck with it.