PDA

View Full Version : A Few Macks 8/1/09

thelump
09-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Battled very trying conditions for these few. Heart in mouth over the bar then thrown into a washing machine with 2m swells going every which way. Caught all 3 on trolled livies and dropped another 4. Back across the bar at 7.45 to a quiet bay. Biggest one went just under 10kg.

uripper
09-01-2009, 10:15 AM
excellent effort - enjoy
appreciate any advice on how you rigged the livies, depth, speed etc

Mal

thelump
09-01-2009, 10:35 AM
excellent effort - enjoy
appreciate any advice on how you rigged the livies, depth, speed etc

Mal

About a foot of 60lb single strand to the first hook (5/0 hoodlum) thena short trace from that hook to a treble stinger. The hoodlum goes through the nose vertically and the stinger sits at the back either on top or below depending which way you insert the front hook(barb up or down).Trolled just in gear at idle. Going up current takes a long time!! I tend to send them a fair way back which keeps them from skipping on the surface. Then just sit back and wait. we had them launching out of the water yesterday and hitting the livies on the way back in.Spectacular:o

blue_rogue
09-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Great catch there Lumpy,

No specifics, though where were you? Great effort

Cheer
Dom

coucho
09-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Nice one lump send a few down this way mate been hard up as of a week ago have another hit this weekend and see if they are here yet

thelump
09-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Nice one lump send a few down this way mate been hard up as of a week ago have another hit this weekend and see if they are here yet

I'll pray to the mackeral gods for you. Get out the Jack Russell Terriers.;D

coucho
09-01-2009, 01:57 PM
I'll pray to the mackeral gods for you. Get out the Jack Russell Terriers.;D
Lol yeah mate gettin a bit that way!!! Hmmm I wonder what a 8lb fox terrier would go like on the bolt with a 20lb mono leash strapped to my 750 penn spinfisher:huh: .
Might be a bit of over kill probably should go for the light gear or find a bigger dog;D
Hey is that a 115 hp 2 stroke Johno? I got a 2002 90 2 stroke Johno on my rig you had any carby problems with yours?

thelump
09-01-2009, 02:21 PM
I have always found the 20lb a bit much for the Foxies. Usually only bring that out for a Staffy or sometimes Whippet(and dont they go:o ) Yes that is a Jonno. 03 model and touch every bit of timber around no Carby probs. Has had the VRO(Vary Rarely Operates) removed and running 50:1 premix

coucho
09-01-2009, 02:39 PM
yeah just somethin dicky with mine its like its not shutting properly. I am getting two stroke oil draining out of the carby if it is left tilted up and laying to port but only then. Also if you stop it for more than about 20 mins you need to re prime it to get it to start first kick. pretty well convinced the two problems are connected but I know sfa about carby's, its not really causeing any drama's and it runs fine once its going.

kevy
09-01-2009, 05:19 PM
thursday report. fished the 12 mile with dave boyse in his 175 allison, handled the conditions quite well, struck skuds of rain on way up & lumpy conditions. result, dave caught all the fish, only one keeper, ( sqire ) rest went back, undersize. ( lambchops for tea) fore me, cheers kevy.

catfish55
09-01-2009, 09:15 PM
About a foot of 60lb single strand to the first hook (5/0 hoodlum) thena short trace from that hook to a treble stinger. The hoodlum goes through the nose vertically and the stinger sits at the back either on top or below depending which way you insert the front hook(barb up or down).Trolled just in gear at idle. Going up current takes a long time!! I tend to send them a fair way back which keeps them from skipping on the surface. Then just sit back and wait. we had them launching out of the water yesterday and hitting the livies on the way back in.Spectacular:o

thanks for the info too . i have an arvor and it idels around 4 + knots on the gps. is that too fast for this type of trolling ????
have to blled your brain mines empty....pat

skipalong
10-01-2009, 09:10 AM
hey nice fish mate was out there yesterday off noosa got 6 mackerel from 11 but trolling in 35knots of wind wasnt plesant thats for sure.

cheers justin

Riptide_45
12-01-2009, 05:26 PM
yeh ud b stoked with that. on coffee rock or pinnicles?