PDA

View Full Version : Lake Samsonvale Stocking

shayned
08-01-2009, 12:31 PM
The first stocking of Bass for a couple years happened today. SEQ Water organised for 72000 fingerlings to be delivered this morning. PRFMA members voluntered their time to assist with the distribution.

Fingerlings were spread across approx half of the lake in various locations. These fish will reach legal size within 2-3 years.

black_sheep
08-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Good to hear SEQWater doing some pro-active work.

Do you know if they are going to re-open it to boating via the yacht club mate?

Navi

BrandonH
08-01-2009, 01:01 PM
don't think thats going to happen Navi... :( Access will apparently reopen once the dam reaches 50% from the existing ramp though.

cheers
Brandon....

Bennywise
08-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Is it still going to be a lotto draw to see who gets access?

BrandonH
08-01-2009, 04:48 PM
as far as I know Benny yep.

shayned
08-01-2009, 05:12 PM
The guys are getting organised for the the re launch of the access scheme. The long term weather forcasts suggest we will reach 50% in the lake this year. As soon as the details are finalised we will post on all the major fishing websites and on the association site www.prfma.com.au (http://www.prfma.com.au) .

The number of permits is limited by the agreement with SEQ Water and if over subscribed it will be solved via a ballot system. All funds raised from this pay for fish stocking and the operating costs of the association including the access scheme. The bulk of the funds raised are used to purchase more fish for the Lake.

Luc
09-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Great to see fingerlings going in.

From whom were the fingerlings obtained?

Will be great when the dam reaches 50% +.

Appart from re-opening a good fishing area, it will also make a welcome injection of funds for the PRFMA.

Luc

black_sheep
09-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Thats great news - I'll be doing my rain dance tonight.

Big W and Somerset have nothing on NPD when it comes to mega Bass.

Great work you doing Shanyed - keep it up mate.

Hardb8
09-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Hi Shayne,
Good to see ya hard work payin off m8.

Could you please P.M. me when is the next meeting going to be held?I've been real busy with commitments to my family latley,But I'm very keen to get back up to speed.

Regards. Rick.

shayned
13-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Thats great news - I'll be doing my rain dance tonight.

Big W and Somerset have nothing on NPD when it comes to mega Bass.

Great work you doing Shanyed - keep it up mate.

The work I put in is enjoyable, I'm fortunate to be with a bunch of blokes who have worked towards making things better for the fresh water fisho for a long time and amazingly they continue to volunteer a lot of time each month working hard towards the same goals.

To give you an idea, in the last thirty days the group has staffed 3 fish releases, a working bee to maintain the boating access scheme area and took 60 kids fishing at Lake Kurwongbah. Not to mention members offering assistance for research and also staffing an ongoing community fish breeding project.