PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about Brooker Boats

dorotich1
06-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Wanting to upgrade to 5m centre console and have found brooker to be cheapest by a fair amount. Just wondering if the people that own one or have fished from one could comment good or bad on them. And comments on if glass ally or polly are the best. Look forward to your replies

Thanks

boogsboat
06-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Hi dorotich1,

I have a 12 month old Brooker 5m Discovery CC and I love it. As you can see from my Avatar she is Black with silver stripe. All up cost including baitmate live bait tank cutting board and draw, lowrance lms525c df sounder gps, all safety gear including Epirb and radio I spent just over 22k. Which I think is a bargain. However there is a couple of things that I wish it had but I can Live without and here they are

Underfloor fuel tank but uses bugger all fuel so the 2 25l tanks I have got are more then adequate.

They need to get them rated for at least 80hp currently only 60hp in fourstroke needs just a little more punch. fully loaded live bait tank and two 90kg blokes we get up to about 28 Knots. A bit slow out of the hole to.

They could be 100mm deeper.

Mate thats about it though I couldn't be happier My mate has a quinny 5m legend CC and he spent over 10k more then me with an 80hp on the back. I have more space then him and I can't see why you would spend any more money then you have to. I don't fish every weekend but the boat has done every thing I have asked of it.

All the best Nathan.

goat boy
06-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Mate I just bought a Brooker a few months ago. I looked around and researched for ages and for the price, I couldn't beat the Brooker. Not a cheap, nasty boat either, well built and solid, steady at rest. There's some inclusions that are standard on the Brooker that most others make you pay for as 'extras' too.
The only thing I could fault with mine was that to get an underfloor tank put in was near $800 extra...so I just bought another Plastic tank...it fits in the storage under the rear seat (I got a 4.6 runabout)...but only just and is annoying to get in and out of there when full. Other than that I can't fault it, I'm very happy with it.
Go to http://www.brookermarine.com.au/ if you haven't already and check out the specs and dealers near you. If you're in the Brissy area, Cunninghams at Clontarf and Marinetune at Burleigh heads are the nearest dealers. Though both are competitively priced, I got mine from Marinetune as they offered me a better deal when it came to the crunch.
PM me if you want any other info

dorotich1
07-01-2009, 05:44 AM
Thanks heaps fellas. Just wondering does the cc come with the seat behind the console or is that an extra.

Cheers

bennyboy
07-01-2009, 09:15 AM
What car do you own?
I Kia is the cheapest on the market, still gets you from A to B.
A Brooker will do the same but you get what you pay for.

sc0pe
07-01-2009, 10:37 AM
my last boat was a brooker saratoga. great little tug, they are solid, well built, but just gererally a little more basic then the competitors.

boogsboat
07-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi Dorotich,

In regards to the seats I got one double for behind the console a lowline double and a bit for the rear and a single for in front of the console all included. I only have the double behind the console in the boat the others aren't needed so sit in the shed till that day I take my live bait tank out. Which will never happen or I buy the esky for a seat behind the console and put the single back in front of the consolefor storage.

Nathan

Nathan