PDA

View Full Version : Cook island and 9 Mile, SP fishing

Pinguu
06-01-2009, 05:22 PM
I am heading out for an early morning session on thursday with a mate of mine. We have been wanting to do this for ages and the weather looks perfect.

It would be great to have some GPS spots in these locations to fish , mainly looking for snapper and reefies with soft plastics.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Roderick Walmsley who I have seen on a few fishing shows killing it in this location.

Any help would be grateful.

Cheers
Warwick

indian man
07-01-2009, 09:23 AM
he writes a report in qld fishing monthly 8-)

Jeremy
07-01-2009, 12:25 PM
be really careful crossing the bar tomorrow. There is a good swell running. Make sure you cross on the run in tide, both going out and coming back in.
Jeremy

Chimo
07-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Same thing yesterday at the Seaway and it was rough outside too and not much happening with lures or the bottom on the 24s. Party boats seemed to be moving around a bit too

Chimo

rc@hinze
07-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Google " nine mile reef tweed" and you will get the GPS locations. You will also get some other great info and articles and video of underwater footage. Also take note of the warnings mentioned in some of the articles. We were out there a couple of time last week for a couple of tuna on the troll. - cheers RC

breamnut
07-01-2009, 07:38 PM
mate current is absolutly ripping, went out today and fiddo's was breaking, ull also find rod does alot more fishing with sp's in the winter months outside

aussiefool
08-01-2009, 03:57 AM
You could do a search on here for flick flack, that is rod's user name

Sharkie
08-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Tweed 9 mile would be worth a go. I was out there new years eve with a mate and we hooked up to an approx 40kg marlin on a mid water livie. Broke us off at the boat but was our first Marlin so needless to say that we were stoked. Saw another boat hook upto at least 3, maybe more. Didn't have much luck trolling though.

Here's a mark for Tweed 9 mile that i found on Google, should point you in the right direction.

Tweed Nine Mile 28.11.790S 153.37.740E

Cheers
Paul

breamnut
08-01-2009, 05:17 PM
if u dont get anythin take some 15g metels out and you will have a ball on the strippie and yellowfin tuna on lighter gear