PDA

View Full Version : Fun Australia Day Barra Trip To Monduran - Roll Call?

SeekingBarradise
05-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Hi everyone we hope you had a Merry Xmas & Happy New Year.

We should be heading up to Lake Monduran for a bit of chilled out camping and fishing on the Aussie Day Long Weekend. Kel looks like she can get the time off work which is great.

We will be filming the trip for fun and would like to film some fellow Ausfisho's fishing and camping if that's ok.

Let us know if you are up there at the same time please. It would be great to catchup for a yarn or 10.

Cheers Kel & Lyndon.

NAGG
05-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Lyndon ....... sounds like a great time to be at Mondy
Unfortunately ....... I'll be packing for my move North .....:(

Are you going to make the Bash ?

Chris

black_sheep
05-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Hey Lyndon,

Happy New Year to you and Kel too mate.

Our normal crew will be there (Vin, Ben, Paul....) for the long weekend staying in cabins 3 and 4. Will catch up for a beer either around your camp or up at the cabins.

Looking forward to it.

SeekingBarradise
05-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi Chris Happy New Year.

I hope to get up for the Borumba Bash. I'll need to stock the lake with barra a few weeks before i get there!!!!! It's not too far from there to Mondy you know!!!!

If everything works out i would love to be there mate it will be great fun and i had a ball at the Sweetwater M&G and the Mondy Muster last year. Good luck with the move.

Navi: Happy New Year. That's great to hear the usual crew will be up at Mondy on Aussie Day. We will catchup for sure. Lot's to talk about. We will have to throw around a few plastics I've been mucking around with etc. I reckon it's only a matter of time before Foxie starts stirring you guys on here before the big trip!!!

Cheers Lyndon.

chewy01
05-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Hi all,
ill be up for a splash and dash maybe,andy hass to play cricket so i may be bbringing a ring in(or the missus :( ) but ill try and pop up for a quick fish.
chewy...

DEANO68
05-01-2009, 04:48 PM
hi lyndon , sorry wont get there aussie day as i will be there the weekend before, and mabe a quickie this sat also.::) .....aussie weekend looks like im headin to pottsville, daughter moved down there a little while ago , so go check out her new digs..and mabe catch roo n the missus for a beer.....enjoy your trip.....
deano..

Tropicaltrout
05-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Hey Lyndon Jae said she had talked to you the other day I was at Borumba but yep as it turns out I also will be at Mondy from the 22nd to 26th with a few dampers to cook and a roast and will have your feed back.

I think I will set up down near the tree look forward to the aussie camp out mate see you there..

Take care mate Happy New Year to you and Kel...

Nath

BR65
05-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Nath, can you peg out my spot down near the fence mate, I should be up on Sat morn.
Lyndon, bring ya pen mate, I need my book signed lol.

cheers
brian

Tropicaltrout
05-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Nath, can you peg out my spot down near the fence mate, I should be up on Sat morn.
Lyndon, bring ya pen mate, I need my book signed lol.

cheers
brian

No probs Brian... :bdaycake: Hey many happy returns for both of us wednesday mate hope its a good day for you I am workin but a beer will null the pain.:bdaycake:

Yeah I might take the big tarp and we can all roll a swag under that sucker...

Nath

DEANO68
05-01-2009, 09:04 PM
No probs Brian... :bdaycake: Hey many happy returns for both of us wednesday mate hope its a good day for you I am workin but a beer will null the pain.:bdaycake:

Yeah I might take the big tarp and we can all roll a swag under that sucker...

Nath

mite have to help you with that beer nath..batchin and all, if i get time , the mrs was rite you know the dishes and clothes DONT !! actually wash them selfs.. amazing..:'( ..and can someone tell me how to do it all without gettin me bloody hands wet.???dont know how she does it..amazing...but the good side??are you havin another beer dean...YES I AM....are you going fishin again dean ...YES I AM..
why are you buying a new boat dean?? because your o/s luv. I CAN....
bless her soul....shes cool..:-* .....espessialy when shes 5000 ks away......;)

ps ..dont tell her any of this when she gets back please.....8-)
cheers deano..8-)

Big_Ren
05-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Hi Lyndon

As Navi said, we'll be there with bells on........do we need to put our TV make up on if you plan on filming some of us?;D Navi and Vin will have to be on the day shift filming::) They are too crafty to film at night.

Looking forward to continuing our chat...then, if not beforehand.

Cheers
Paul

Steve B
05-01-2009, 09:29 PM
I am working that weekend>:(

but I will get up to catch up at some stage!!

Steve

nipsta
05-01-2009, 09:36 PM
I am working that weekend>:(

but I will get up to catch up at some stage!!

Steve
i cant get clearance for that one i have to save the dollars for the dam wisdom teeth 2000g out of pocket for the removal bloody in the qrong field today cost 125 buck for 5 min
I say yous will have a good weekend
Ill just stay ay home and get drunk for my bday and sulk on my own :'(

Steve B
05-01-2009, 09:39 PM
i cant get clearance for that one i have to save the dollars for the dam wisdom teeth 2000g out of pocket for the removal bloody in the qrong field today cost 125 buck for 5 min
I say yous will have a good weekend
Ill just stay ay home and get drunk for my bday and sulk on my own :'(

carton of beer, bottle of rum and some pliers, i will whip them out for you Simon.

I will drink the beer, you have the rum and a the pliers will do their thing!!;D;D;D...........bring some braid scissors and we will do the snip while we are at it!!!

Steve

nipsta
05-01-2009, 09:50 PM
carton of beer, bottle of rum and some pliers, i will whip them out for you Simon.

I will drink the beer, you have the rum and a the pliers will do their thing!!;D;D;D...........bring some braid scissors and we will do the snip while we are at it!!!

Steve
yeah why not get it all over done with i know what i would rather spend the 2000 grand on never mind the thing life throws us im sure they will have fun around the fire it looks like im for sure only gunner be able to get the in june now never mind bbash will cheer me up so we still havent seen all the rest stick the hands up for the mondy muster snip other then you and me i thought tony m wanted to as well and im sure ben name was metion and naths as well hurry up fellows decide are you in or out we need to make the booking lol

NAGG
05-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Simon ...... I could give you a picture of my EX ...... That will cure all - Kids , tooth ache etc ....... ;) Thats terrible ::) but not far off ;D

chris

DEANO68
05-01-2009, 10:00 PM
yeah why not get it all over done with i know what i would rather spend the 2000 grand on never mind the thing life throws us im sure they will have fun around the fire it looks like im for sure only gunner be able to get the in june now never mind bbash will cheer me up so we still havent seen all the rest stick the hands up for the mondy muster snip other then you and me i thought tony m wanted to as well and im sure ben name was metion and naths as well hurry up fellows decide are you in or out we need to make the booking lol

im good, im done , and the last one just left home. was good seeing them all grow up but..good kids...enjoy them while you can , because when they piss off , ya miss them..:( ( sometimes )...;D ..steve, stuart rings a bell , did i meet him at the masa x-mas party,???....
deano.8-)

NAGG
05-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Hey ..... I feel like a Old fart now ...... i found out over the weekend that I became a grand father on Friday :o ...... I'm only 44 for Fu@%$ sake ..... I had to go looking for a pipe & rocking chair over the weekend ::)

Chris

DEANO68
05-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey ..... I feel like a Old fart now ...... i found out over the weekend that I became a grand father on Friday :o ...... I'm only 44 for Fu@%$ sake ..... I had to go looking for a pipe & rocking chair over the weekend ::)

Chris

chris me too, i had the grand -dog over the break, 7 month old shepard, while the eldest went to sydney..excuse not to have kids yet i think but enjoyed her company and she looooves papa, beach everyday...prob harder than kids...;)

DEANO68
05-01-2009, 10:24 PM
sorry lyndon, bit of a hijack...8-)

SeekingBarradise
06-01-2009, 08:43 AM
All good Deano it's just like a chat around a campfire - no hijack. I will catch you at one of the other M&G etc.

Paul thats great i'll see you there with your usual crew. Should be more than a few hijinks with all you guys together!!! One of your crew always seem to land a big fish. Hope this continues.

Nathan yep crack out the camp ovens for sure. I'm already thinking of how much cow i'm going to buy. I remember not long ago when i bought so much cow from the butcher next to Foxies. I went shopping hungry - not a good idea. I nearly got away with it however Kel saw the photo and docket and asked if i was feeding a family of ten?...

Brian good to see you will be up there at the same time. I'll keep an eye out or a swag on the fence line. You are known as the phantom, but i should be able to track you down for a chat over the 3 days!!!

Steve let me know when you are coming out to the camp mate. All good maybe turn up in the Ambo like last time and freak out the stand in manager again ha.
If you bring out the ambo we might have to do a stretcher G-up scene.

Chewy that's great i'll see you there mate. Hope for a wet pitch and quick game of cricket mate.

Nipsta i had the good old wisdom teeth out mate and you are better off with them out that's for sure. You will look like a chipmunk for a while but it's worth it.
I'll see you up there another time mate.

Cheers Lyndon

TonyM
06-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Hi Lyndon and the rest of the motley crew :D

I hope to get up that weekend, even if for a quick overnighter to say g'day. Might even drag the tin lids up if I can drag them away from electronics for a while!

Cheers
Tony

SeekingBarradise
06-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Hi Tony if you could make it for a yarn and spot of relaxed camping that would be great mate. Yep bring the tin lids too they will love it.

Steve B will be signing Autographs at Foxies on saturday arvo.
Foxie is a bit older so he has a stamp made up with his signature on it!!!

Cheers Lyndon.

NAGG
06-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Gee Lyndon.......
you'll get something going here .... essential gear will include a camp oven:P good onya ...... love this stuff & i better bring mine up from the Snowies 8-)

Cheers

Chris

nipsta
06-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Gee Lyndon.......
you'll get something going here .... essential gear will include a camp oven:P good onya ...... love this stuff & i better bring mine up from the Snowies 8-)

Cheers

Chris

now all you have to do is learn to troll then not only will you look like a real aussie or should i say a queenslander as well but then you might have a chance to be mighty whitey after all

NAGG
06-01-2009, 06:00 PM
now all you have to do is learn to troll then not only will you look like a real aussie or should i say a queenslander as well but then you might have a chance to be mighty whitey after all

Simon ...... You'll have to show me how to troll ....... You drive & I'll drink :P
I'll have to work on the queensland thing though::)

nipsta
06-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Simon ...... You'll have to show me how to troll ....... You drive & I'll drink :P
I'll have to work on the queensland thing though::)
when do you move up ?

NAGG
06-01-2009, 06:16 PM
when do you move up ?

14th Feb ......... just going to get a serviced apartment till i find a permanent place to rent

BR65
06-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Nath, how old tomorrow mate?

nipsta
06-01-2009, 07:42 PM
happy bday to you and nath for tomorrow you old buggers hope yous get a fishy present lol

BR65
06-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Cheers Simon, Ive just informed Debs my birthday present will consist of a trip to The Tackle Warehouse on Sunday, at which she must at the very least get out of the car and have a look inside - absolute torture for her, absolute bliss for me.

Tropicaltrout
06-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Nath, how old tomorrow mate?

30 mate and getting younger:P .... How about you mate...:)

Whitto
06-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Happy Birthday Nath and Brian for Tomorrow......Looks like it's Monduran for the Australia Day Weekend.....Guess who's birthday is on Australia Day

BR65
06-01-2009, 08:08 PM
44 Nath, can you believe it, no wonder all those good looking chickys in the city seem so young!

Gday Whitto, now dont hold me to this, but Im guessing its your bday on the 26th? See ya up there. Should be a good week end, as usual.

For anyone interested, I know there is still a cabin available from Sunday the 25th onwards.

nipsta
06-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Happy Birthday Nath and Brian for Tomorrow......Looks like it's Monduran for the Australia Day Weekend.....Guess who's birthday is on Australia Day
is ti yours greg mine is the 23rd

Big_Ren
06-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Happy Birthday Nath, Brian and in a pre-emptive strike....Whitto.

Remember we are all but 21, just with a few years' experience, some more than others;D

Stevo....the paramedic mobile sounds a good idea with the brothers of darkness lurking around the Mondy postcode area.

Cheers
Paul

DEANO68
06-01-2009, 08:24 PM

ditto whitto, have a good day lads, you to whitto and simon, hope yas get some fish on aussie day..8-)
deano.8-)

Tropicaltrout
06-01-2009, 08:54 PM
ditto whitto, have a good day lads, you to whitto and simon, hope yas get some fish on aussie day..8-)
deano.8-)

Cheers Mate

Well why not spread your news mate?????

NAGG
07-01-2009, 07:33 AM
:bdaycake:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY'S BRIAN & NATH

Hope you both have a cracker of a day

Cheers

Chris

SeekingBarradise
07-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Happy Birthday Nath and Brian have a good one guys.
I'm thinking you might get a few tackle rat presents...

Cheers Lyndon.

Peter4
07-01-2009, 07:46 AM
For anyone interested, I know there is still a cabin available from Sunday the 25th onwards.

Tempting........but no, we'll be there in mid February.

Happy birthday Brian & Nathan. I don't know what's worse - drifting through your mid forties (I'm 46) or kissing your youth a fond goodbye!!;) ;D

Have a great Aussie day weekend and best wishes in advance for your birthday Whitto.......

BR65
07-01-2009, 04:53 PM
New moon on the 26th........

Whitto
07-01-2009, 06:15 PM
New moon on the 26th........Noice Brian Noice

Big_Ren
07-01-2009, 09:57 PM
New moon on the 26th........

May keep one or two away Brian...from the basin. Not us. Hopefully my spotty works fine....otherwise I will be following the natural instincts of Navi and Vin, or worse still, the waywardness of Ben....can you see barbed wire in the dark Barb?

BR65
08-01-2009, 05:12 PM
I could only imagine the crowds on a long week end full moon period Paul, frightnin!

Black as the inside of a cows gizzards runing home from up the back after sun down on a new moon hey, even with the GPS and spottie, and a little bit of knowlwdge on where Im going, I still had trouble getting out of North B last New Moon when I fished on.

chewy01
08-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Hey paul, no doubt ur spottie works well you looked like a floating disco or house of ill repute that night last trip when you and navi were meandering all over the dam looking for the channel,specially with the red bling glowing :):):)

TonyM
08-01-2009, 06:23 PM
I could only imagine the crowds on a long week end full moon period Paul, frightnin!

Black as the inside of a cows gizzards runing home from up the back after sun down on a new moon hey, even with the GPS and spottie, and a little bit of knowlwdge on where Im going, I still had trouble getting out of North B last New Moon when I fished on.

I'll second that re the new moon, as will Alistair I'm sure :-X Last trip we did a few new moon night fishes and were getting back to camp around 3ish for an hour or so kip before hitting the sunrise bite!

On the trip back in the wee hours of the morning with no starlight due to the storms it was a nice slowwww trip especially as I discovered my night vision has gone west on me and the GPS decided to play up at random intervals :D

Cheers
Tony

trymyluck
08-01-2009, 07:09 PM
I'll second that re the new moon, as will Alistair I'm sure :-X Last trip we did a few new moon night fishes and were getting back to camp around 3ish for an hour or so kip before hitting the sunrise bite!

On the trip back in the wee hours of the morning with no starlight due to the storms it was a nice slowwww trip especially as I discovered my night vision has gone west on me and the GPS decided to play up at random intervals :D

Cheers
Tony

Tony and sunrise........................Does Not Compute........................;D

Mark

BR65
08-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Mondy update, my cobber was up there today with his handbrake and yard ape for a look, they are camping at Baffle at the moment, fished some points and had a troll but didnt see a fish, but as he got off the water around 4.30, a stream of boats were puting in - locals maybe fishing the moon rise?

DEANO68
08-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Mondy update, my cobber was up there today with his handbrake and yard ape for a look, they is camping at Baffle at the moment, fished some points and had a troll but didnt see a fish, but as he got off the water around 4.30, a stream of boats were puting in - locals maybe fishing the moon rise?

thanks brian, will be on the water sat arv till dark or better ,new tub so will be doin a bit of recon for next week and gettin used to it.;D beer and port with dave (callop)sat nite :P , prob fish early morn then home, then back thurs for 4 days,;D 8-)
wow wish she would go away more often..;) 8-) thanks for the update.;D
deano8-)

BR65
08-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Deano, congrats on the new tub mate, hope she is a fishy machine for you. Mate didnt hit the water till after 9.30 this morn, he said plenty of bait showing.

chewy01
08-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Watching the radar guys if they were putting in then they would have found it difficult to see anything,should have had acouple inches after that if what we got was any indication with more tomorrow

BR65
08-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Yep Chewy, he did make small mention about beiing p#ssed down on lol

DEANO68
08-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Deano, congrats on the new tub mate, hope she is a fishy machine for you. Mate didnt hit the water till after 9.30 this morn, he said plenty of bait showing.

thanks brian , its been fishy so hope to keep it happnin...not real good weather report but ya never know...
deano8-)

BR65
08-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Mate, the best time to be on the water is when everyone else is sooking at home, nice and quiet as long as you dont get blown away, I like fishing in the rain, plus the beer keeps its chill that bit longer!

Big_Ren
08-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Hey paul, no doubt ur spottie works well you looked like a floating disco or house of ill repute that night last trip when you and navi were meandering all over the dam looking for the channel,specially with the red bling glowing :):):)

I must have been distracted looking for a water Chewy if you saw us meandering;D Lucky FrankOO wasn't on board the rum pig;)

chewy01
09-01-2009, 05:37 AM
Id be surprised if navi knew you were on the water,specially given his donuts for the weekend..was he actually fishing??

TonyM
09-01-2009, 08:30 AM
Tony and sunrise........................Does Not Compute........................;D

Mark

Hey watch it!

I resemble that remark Sir !!!! 8-) ;D

Big_Ren
09-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Id be surprised if navi knew you were on the water,specially given his donuts for the weekend..was he actually fishing??

Who knows if he was fishing Chew. I couldn't see him::) His run of donuts is starting to worry me and hope it does not rub off.....he could be a barra voodoo doll;D .