PDA

View Full Version : A Wife's 1st Mondy Trip

STIFFWORM
04-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi All,

After months of telling me how fantastic Lake Monduran is and seeing the gorgeous photos of it, my husband finally got me there. We only had 1 day hire of the outlaws boat from Burrum Heads on Dec 27th and ditched the kids with them for the night. Thought we may as well sleep on the boat and enjoy the best part of the day and witness the amazing sunset and sunrise through the fog the next morning. It really is quite spectacular even though the bugs that night annoyed hell out of me. We ventured up through "Barra Alley" and bounced our way through a few trees as i had lessons in casting with his new Zillion. Wrapped the lure around a few branches but did ok. Unfortunately, another donut for my husband - number 6 actually, and he is becoming obsessed with breaking his drought. I loved the day on Monduran, but still prefer the offshore fishing - just my opinion.

BR65
04-01-2009, 10:00 AM
6 donuts, crikes, I'd be more than obsessed with catching a barra from there. Your man obviously needs more time on the water to break this run of pastries!
Nice read Mrs Stiffworm.
cheers
brian

Tropicaltrout
04-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Its is a great spot and a fantastic place to get away for a quiet trip either to relax or fish well done Mrs stiffworm... Maybe you should take over the helm and hopefully break Mr stiffworms drought...

Good read and pic

Cheers Nath

chewy01
04-01-2009, 10:32 AM
just follow brian round :):):)

NAGG
04-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Goodonya Mrs Stiffworm for getting up to the dam ...... Its a shame that you doughnutted ....... but its not uncommon! ........ Maybe next time :P So will that mean that you'll both join us for the Mondy Muster in Sept ??? ..... along with ribfillet 8-)

Cheers

Chris

PS .... Great photo ...... love those sunrises & sunsets

Fitzy
04-01-2009, 12:40 PM
G'Day Stiffworm,

Good to see you got out there & had a go. Barra fishing is like the making of Ben Hur, takes a cast of thousands.
You don't get scenery off shore like you do in the sweetwater, keep at it. If you'd have joined the meter club you would have had an experience that's hard to compare.

Cheers,

fitzy..

STIFFWORM
04-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks for all your replies. I'm sure Mr Stiffworm will catch one soon - or die trying. Would love to make it up for the 2nd Mondy Muster in Sept and experience the thrill of actually catching a barra. Stiffworm and Ribfillet will be there for sure.

Mrs Stiffworm

Tropicaltrout
04-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Thanks for all your replies. I'm sure Mr Stiffworm will catch one soon - or die trying. Would love to make it up for the 2nd Mondy Muster in Sept and experience the thrill of actually catching a barra. Stiffworm and Ribfillet will be there for sure.

Mrs Stiffworm

Bring on the muster its going to be once again a great weekend for all, and would be good to see that trophy go to a lady this time, Dont forget the Borumba Bash it to will be a great weekend....

Nath

nipsta
04-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Hello mrs stiffworm tell les i will be a the mondy muster for sure so im keen to show him a few areas like he asked me in november hopefully a winter trip in june if he is interested in coming up then i can show him a few then
A barra will put the iceing on his cake next trip for sure
cheers

STIFFWORM
04-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Hi Nipsta,

Les (Stiffworm) says sounds good and would be good to catch up in June, but I think he is determined to break his drought before then. Sounds like he is planning a trip with Ribfillet Phil on the 23rd Jan.

PS. Does Mrs Nipsta fish with you at Monduran?

Cheers
Mrs Stiffworm (Margo)

nipsta
04-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi Nipsta,

Les (Stiffworm) says sounds good and would be good to catch up in June, but I think he is determined to break his drought before then. Sounds like he is planning a trip with Ribfillet Phil on the 23rd Jan.

PS. Does Mrs Nipsta fish with you at Monduran?

Cheers
Mrs Stiffworm (Margo)

ah what a great date that is its my bday i would love to go my self but i need to save a little dollars at the moment for when mel finishs work and so i can pay the usual rates and power bill

SeekingBarradise
05-01-2009, 07:19 AM
Hi Margo good to see you and Les had a great trip. That photo is awesome. There is something special about sunrise and sunset on a lake. We never get sick of those photo's.

Stiffworm and RibFillet are 2 of the best names on Ausfish. I crack up everytime i read them. Great aussie names....

Hope to see you guys on a barra dam this year. Kel and i should be at Monduran for Australia Day. Will be filming the trip so any Ausfish or Sweetwater members going to Mondy at the same time make sure you say Gday. Options to convoy it up etc. I would like to film many of you fishing and camping if that's ok?

Cheers Lyndon & Kel